“Our favorite in Orlando”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #310 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Universal Blvd.
Transit: The I-Drive Trolley conveniently stops at multiple stations along the International Drive Corridor. Lynx public transportation also has frequent stops along International Drive.
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent food and outstanding service. We were in Orlando for a week and dined
here twice. Everyone from the hostess to the manager were welcoming and friendly.
Waiters were very knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The main taken one from this visit was not that the experience was horrible, but that it was average. We weren't expecting average.

I have been to several Oceanaires in the past. I have always been thrilled. This experience gave me pause.

The service as quite nice, but slow. This included takin orders, bringing another bottle of wine and the food. The entrees we on the edge of bing cold. Two of the fish choices we "out" for the day. The food we did get was good, but not great.

The oysters were wonderful as always. The shrimp and grits were also spectacular. I had grilled salmon ( I believe New Zealand) which was above average, but not great. Others wanted the triggerfish, but as noted it was no longer a available. This added to the delay.

I'm not sure if it was a bad night or bad habits.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to OceanAire at Pointe Orlando for my 25th birthday. I made sure they were aware of that when I made the reservation. When I walked in both the GM and the AGM greeted me with a handshake and wished me a happy birthday (awesome). The host seated us and the menu (which they print daily) also wished me a Happy Birthday (neat!). As if that wasn't enough, I was also presented a birthday card signed by the staff (super amazing)!

Then our server Scott came over, and then I knew it was going to be an even more amazing experience because I have had him each of the previous 3x I dined here. He made some amazing suggestions for drinks and appetizers and entrées, and most notably our dessert which was a super amazing caramel apple bread pudding. He knows the menu inside and out and made sure we didn't miss out on their best items.

So, if you're looking for a great experience, with a nice ambiance, and fresh food with great service from top to bottom, look no further than here! :D

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a rating of a high-end custom-prepared restaurant. What made this restaurant so good was they individually prepared all the orders. The customer could change the way the meal was prepared by choosing the garnish and condiments. The food was superb with special flavors and was adequate in quantity. The vegetables were expensive but were meant to be shared. They were well prepared with delectable seasonings and spices. The sour dough bread was served freshly baked and was pleasing to the palette .

This restaurant had an outstanding staff. Almost a dozen chefs made each dish a delight in itself. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about all the wines, and could give advice on anything on the menu. When tested with mundane questions from an apparent novice customer, the waiter had the patience to explain the preparations to make the customer feel at ease. The service was unusually fast for a restaurant of this class and there were many assistants to fill water glasses and add refills of complimentary beverages.

The cost was expensive. Oysters as an appetizer averaged six dollars each, salads were ten dollars, and main entrées were in the thirty to forty dollar range. The restaurant was comparable to good restaurants in Philadelphia or New York but it had larger proportions than most.

Overall, it was one of the best high-end restaurants that I have visited.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We did not have a reservation but we were able to be seated. The dining room is very nice and very comfortable. For appetizers we had the Maryland Crab Soup and the Calamari with asian vegetables. We shared and both were AMAZING! My husband had the scallops with the mushroom risotto and there was not a morsel left. I had the mussels (an appetizer ) for dinner and was not disappointed. It was just what I wanted! Philip was our waiter. He was informatie, attentive and just complemented our dining experience. Restaurant is a little pricey but the portions are generous and the food is great. Highly recommended