“BEST ETHIOPIAN FOOD EVER!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nile Ethiopian Restaurant

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #277 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Panama City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST ETHIOPIAN FOOD EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Okay...so this is was the first time I've ever tried ethiopian food but I swear it's probably the best I will have outside of Ethiopia. If you want to try something different and don't feel like waiting 45 mins for a table like most good restaurants on I-Drive then this is the place for you!

• Visited January 2011

Sault Ste. Marie
“Really great dining and cultural experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

Traditional African food, very nicely prepared and presented, in a warm, relaxing and comfortable environment. Great for children too, with non-processed foods, including chicken nuggets for children prepared from real chicken breast (not the processed junk every other restaurant seems to serve). A traditional coffee is prepared in ritual, with the beans roasted at our table, then ground and otherwise brewed traditionally. Very, very nice outing for singles, couples, families, etc. Great staff attending to all needs. Extremely reasonably priced, disproportionately low given the high quality of the meals and the experience.

3 Thank jeffbro
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A New Culinary Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

This was a great experience and I look forward to returning. The food was not what I expected...it was better!! As a novice I know very little about Ethiopian food. This was a great experience and a chance to try food that I would never have tried prior. Prepare to eat with your hands if you wish....fun!!! I especially enjoyed the injera bread with the meal and the Ethiopian coffee and sweets for dessert.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CheffyChef
PALM BAY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The injera (bread) keeps me coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

The Nile restaurant is one of the reasons I keep returning to Orlando. I only live 75 miles away and I dont have much time to travel, but the injera bread gives me the incentive to make time. The injera is served with the main course and it is a spongy type bread. In just one meal alone, you are filled up for the day. The bread gives you a filled up feeling and you dont need dessert. My favorite meal there is called "Dora Alicha" which translates chicken mild sauce. I highly recommend this dish if you are not into spicy meals. In fact, I am going there this Sunday to get some of the injera because they will sell you slices of the bread if you call a day ahead of time and place your order. If any of you visit Orlando, I suggest you try this type of food and you will not be disappointed. The staff is great and speak english quite well.

1 Thank Injera
Miami, Florida
“Really wakes up your taste buds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I'd never had Ethiopian food before, and am really glad I experienced it for the first time at Nile.

The server was wonderful, guiding me through everything from the Ethiopian honey wine, the levels of spiciness of the entrees, right through to the Ethiopian coffee. She even let me have a sample of the wine before giving me a full serving (it's delicious, mildly citrus-y without being cloyingly sweet).

The beef sambusas were very tasty, just the right size to whet your appetite. For the main, I had the lamb with red lentils. The lamb was terrific, but the lentils were totally off the chart! Which makes me think that this restaurant is an excellent choice if you happen to be a vegetarian (they have several vegetarian options).

And the coffee....mmmmmmm! The coffee has an almost chocolate undertone that is really delicious. Unfortunately, I was too stuffed by this time to try any of the desserts.

As I said, service was excellent, and also as a solo diner I felt very comfortable and welcome. There's a TV at the bar, so if you're by yourself (and forgot to bring a book or your smart phone with you, like I did) you can watch the TV in between courses.

All in all, a great option in a touristy area overloaded with chain restaurants and fast-food joints.