“Wonderful food and fantastic experience”

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #252 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We loved it here! It was our first time trying Ethiopian food and we were not disappointed. Our service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. Very clean, spacious restaurant, definitely worth a visit if you are anywhere near Orlando and like Ethiopian food or are up to a new, fun dining experience :)

There are newer reviews for Nile Ethiopian Restaurant

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We went to eat at the Nile Ethiopian Restaurant on our first evening in Orlando. It was easy enough to find but we had walked from our hotel and had read reviews here first - probably not so easy to find if driving.
It was a bit odd at first, we were waiting to be seated and a couple of staff members went past us a few times without acknowledging that we were there. After that though the service was fantastic and we received an (unprompted) apology for the beginning of the evening. Our waitress was very nice and helpful - she gave lots of advice. I wasn't sure about her suggestion to combine all of our food onto one plate but it worked, it was more than we could eat and we all shared - a nice experience.
I've never had Ethiopian food before and it was very good (though it may not be to everyone's taste). My only regret is eating the side bread before eating the bread that was under the food - by the time we got to that we were getting full. It's a shame to waste that bread, all the flavours from the food has soaked into it. I would definitely go again if I was back in Orlando, it's not the cheapest option but I think the food and the experience is worth it.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Bad directions on our first attempt the Nile. A phone call, the next night for directions was not much better, My wife and I seek out Ethiopian Restaurants when we travel, and the Nile met our needs. Food was good, service, OK, for a busy night, but it wasn't busy. For us, decent, but wouldn't go out of our way to return.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've never tried Ethopian food so I was extremely hesitant. Also I hate eating with my hands so this was probably not the best choice in cuisine I've ever made. We got in late at night and they were more than hospitable. They "made us" use our hands but seriously the experience was worth it. My friend got the lamb and it was delicious seasoned. It was probably one of the best meals I have ever had - I got the beef and chicken platter. Oh my goodness were their collard greens delicious. The bread was unique and was a bit too sour for my taste but maybe that was a personal preference I was missing the boat on. It was a price pricey given the cuisine and amount of food we got but again it was my first time so maybe I missed something!

Just go. You're doing yourself a favor.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Firstly, the service was superior. All the staff and owners came by to say hello and ask how they could help or if we needed anything. The food was hot when it reached us and amazingly tasty. The appetizer sampler is well worth it, lentils and veggies and small turnovers. Had the lamb braised with veggies and sides of collard greens and other veggies. Mouthwateringly yummy, a little spicy heat but just the right amount. The bread we used to scoop our food was fresh and tasty too. Would definitely send or take all our visitors to Orlando here.
The restaurant itself is a beautiful mix of simple elegance and Ethiopian art. Everything was remarkably clean, not a speck of dust anywhere and a spotless restroom too!