“Food is great, awful atmosphere”

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #357 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food is very good. The beef key wat had some nice spice to it, and you can eat with the shared plate and using your hands. So it's kind of fun, and very tasty. But the place was about 20% full, and it didn't seem to have any updates for a couple decades. The run down strip mall off of I-drive didn't help the impression of the physical space. Still, if you don't care about ambiance, the food is quite good.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

First of all this restaurant was difficult to find. I u-turned 3 or 4 times w/GPS. I finally found the location and there was ample parking. The decor reflected the rich colors & textiles of Ethiopian culture. It had an authentic touch.

The service was great even though it wasn't busy. I felt welcomed and appreciated. The food was very good and our server was delightful. She even did a ritual serving the coffee. I never felt rushed, so I was able to enjoy my meal and a good conversation. I will definitely revisit on my next trip to the Orlando area.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

They have a variety of vegan food that is so delicious!! The staff is very friendly as well! I definitely recommend it! A+

2  Thank VeganVacation
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We wanted something other than a chain and lucked on this within walking distance. It is harder to find, but has parking, friendly helpful staff (family owned??) and the server showed us how to eat in traditional style. Great vegetarian options, and tasty meats. Reasonable prices. Not typical American food - thank goodness!!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have always enjoyed Ethiopian food but don't have many occasions to eat it due to the limited number of restaurants in Tampa. However, I have eaten in other cities and really enjoy the food. Nile was the best Ethiopian food I have ever tried. I shared dinners with friends (lamb, chicken, and vegetarian). Each was wonderful. I thought the prices were fair and the portion size was moderate. Although we were satisfied with the serving size, don't expect super-sized American style.

Note: We had some trouble finding the restaurant. I clicked on the directions link in Trip Advisor on my phone and Google Maps took us to location about a mile from the restaurant. Someone else in our group typed in the address in Google Maps and had no problems.