“An oasis of authentic Ethiopian food on the tourist drag.”

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #256 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the authenticity of the food as Orlando isnt well known for its ethnic cuisine. Shared the Chef's sampler which allowed us to try several different dishes including 2 chicken (doro wat and alicha), 2 beef (alicha and tibs) and 4 vegetable (cabbage, collards, split peas, lentils) and salad on injera, which is a fermented pancake that tastes a little like Indian dosai. Decor was basic but we were here for the food, which didn't disappoint. Service was friendly. Plan to eat with your hands. I would definitely recommend coming here if you were after good Ethiopian food and injera.

There are newer reviews for Nile Ethiopian Restaurant

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We made a special trip back to Orlando just to eat here and the second time was just as good as the first. That is the mark of consistent good everything. For starters we had their own home made honey wine. I had forgotten how good it was. Our two dinners were served on a shared plate (no knifes or forks) and a basket full of bread (called injrera and thin with lots of air) to gather the lamb and beef along with the veggies. Service is not just with a smile, it is as though you just came to join the family. I like spicy and when I ordered my chicken with turmeric I was asked if I wanted more spice and another was suggested. It was not overwhelming and just right and how did she know? That is the mark of a really customer driven owner.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food here is delicious! The staff is nice too. I recommend one of the samplers for two, unless you're dining alone, along with an Ethiopian beer. This was my third visit and I'm looking forward to my fourth this fall.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I didn't know what to expect the first time we visited this unique restaurant in a rather remote place on the busiest boulevard of theme park heaven! The meal was fabulous. We four had a combination platter with lamb added. Yes, there are no utensils, but the bread worked beautifully to scoop up the tasty meat, vegetables and salad. And then we watched the coffee being roasted. Not only was it fun, but the coffee tasted wonderful.
We went back again, and the food was just as good the second time. The service the first time was impeccable; the second time, not so much.
Eating at "The Nile" is an experience everyone should try!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Want to try something different?
Try some Ethiopian cuisine. I love it. meals is served on a type of pancake which u use to pick up the food with.
Yes you eat with your hands..so if your sharing a meal with non family, then I recommend getting ur own personal dish. But the food is flavorful. There is also lots of veggie items.
The meals are mainly stews of different kind. All with their unique awesome flavor. try it..atleast once!