“Nice atmosphere, not the greatest Italian food.”
Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
Ranked #489 of 4,059 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere! It's nice not feeling like you are at Disney 24/7. This restaurant was a great get away from all the hustle and bustle of Disney the week of Christmas. The food was lacking. The sauce was very salty both nights I ate there. The chicken parm was thick with a giant bone in it. I hate when restaurants do that! I did like the tomato mozzarella appetizer!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is inside the Swan hotel which makes it a convenient venue if you are staying at this hitel. The food is ok. The restaurant is pretty noisy and conversation can be a little difficult. Probably it is a little overpriced. Staff is nice.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We chose to spend our NYE in Orlando, and chose Il Mulino as we had dined there in Long Island. The venue is inside the Swan hotel at Epcot, and the atmosphere is airy with a long open room in view of a working kitchen. Service was impeccable with a quick change early when cocktails were not just right, and attentive but not smothering after. Caesar salad was just right, risotto some of the best prepared I've had, Osso Bucco cooked perfectly and well-presented, and Tiramisu excellent at conclusion. Wine list is off the charts for Italian and we found one appropriately priced, Argiano Brunello, below $100.
Overall we were very pleased with our choice.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We usually make Il Mulino part of our Disney World dining plans. This trip, it was me, my husband, my dad and my brother, who joined us for his first time dining there.

While we had reservations for dinner in the dining room this trip, we sometimes pop on over and sit at the bar for apps and drinks. We like the atmosphere. It's not your typical Disney restaurant. And for us, with no kids, we like that!

Before we were seated, we had drinks at the bar. Bartender was a bit pompous, but once we were seated, our service team was friendly, efficient and helpful.

All of our food was delicious. I have dietary restrictions (vegan) and let our server know. I ordered a salad and sides and my special requests were happily accommodated. (Not always a simple task).

This trip did not disappoint. We will return.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have enjoyed fourteen trips to Disney (Polynesian, Contemporary, Bay Lake Tower Resorts, Grand Floridian...) and we've eaten at many of the "nicer" resort establishments over the years. We arrived for a two night trip after Christmas and after a disappointing dinner show at the Polynesian and an exhausting day 2 at a crowded park, we were looking forward to Il Mulino. A very long bus ride to Hollywood Studios and boat ride to the Swan Hotel delivered us to our destination. Piano lounge near the bar boasting decent talent looked promising. The exposed brick and soft lighting was earthy and soothing... until we were seated. Then the cacophony of conversations and kitchen activity hit you...couple that with our snooty wait staff who seemed to have forgotten that he wasn't exactly working in an actual five-star NYC Italian eatery. I have enjoyed far better Italian meals at less pretentious establishments. Dinner for 6 was $450 with only one bottle of wine. If one had a larger party, I might suggest one of the rooms where a sliding door closes you off the main dining area.

1  Thank MMC2