“Beautiful food and atmosphere”
Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
Ranked #308 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Anybody who thinks this place has horrible food, doesn't understand gret Italian food. Ever since January when I stayed at the dolphin, I had wanted to try this place. In the elevator I saw the pappardelle and knew I had to try it. About three weeks ago I returned to Disney and stayed at the swan. My aunt had eaten here before and said she loved it so, my mom made reservations and boy did we love it!!!!! I have to warn you though, this place is not a chicken parm place. It is very upscale and wonderful. I highly recommend it and you should take it from me for, I am Italian by heart and blood. And to answer the question, yes I ordered the parpadelle and everytime I saw it in the elevator, I called it beautiful. You Must Go!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We tried this restaurant simply because of its proximity to our hotel room and it was a wonderful surprise! We had the beef carpaccio appetizer- delicious! We also had the Pollo Fra Diavolo and the Rigatoni Con Funghi, both of which were excellent. Our children split the kid's pepperoni pizza, and it was also very tasty. I had the half-portion of the rigatoni dish and it was plenty to eat. Wish we had had room for dessert! The service was also impeccable. Overall a must try!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Our trip to Orlando is not complete until we dine at Il Mulino. The food is delicious, the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is wonderful! We almost always choose to order the mussels appetizer and have never been disappointed, it is delicious. The chicken parmesan and gnocchi’s are out of this world! I can’t wait for our meal in a few months when we visit!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We live in Orlando and had received a gift certificate to this restaurant. Having recently returned from a trip to Italy, we were looking forward to great Italien food. We were immediately greeted by a very friendly server who brought us a small appetizer (sliced meat and eggplant) and a basket of bread. We were told that the appetizer was compliments of the restaurant...this was a delicious and unexpected treat. We ordered 2 salads and 2 seafood entrees. The regular salad ($11.00) was just average, while the caprese one ($13.00)was above average.(the mozzarella was great) Both seafood dinners (snapper and salmon) were seasoned well (but nothing outstanding) The menu said both dishes were served over broccoli rabe which portion was minimal. All side dishes are a la carte and pricy. (we didnt order any). Our server knew we were locals so she offered us a complimentary desert..(another unexpected treat). We decided on the flourless chocolate cake which was outstanding. She split it onto two plates and it was served with fresh berries and whipped cream. The chocolate flavor was rich and the fudgy. This is a good restaurant for special occassions since our bill with tip was over $100. and we only had bottled water to drink.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The service and staff were great and helpful at this restaurant inside the Swan hotel. I found the food to be very marginal. I ordered papparadelle and the mussels as an appetizer. The pasta was blistered and had a slightly off taste - not gross, just something a little different. Mussels were good. The wine was very good and wait staff was great with suggestions. But just an average dining outing.

1  Thank Kelly K