“Huge Portions of Nice Italian Fare”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Huge Portions of Nice Italian Fare”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had a group of 9 people and opted for the family style meal (choose a group of apps, entrees and desserts). It was a ton of food. All of them were good--the lasagna, salmon were the best, in my opinion. The sirloin was okay (probably wouldn't place high on a steak connoisseur's list, though). The Tiramisu is excellent.

Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ate there with four friends, as we have in the past. I must say the parking garage was a nightmare, as the elevator by our car was not working. No one bothered to put a sign that it was out of service, or that there was another elevator working (we walked down three flights of stairs). This would not have been a problem if my husband was not handicapped. There was no handicapped parking that was left and we did not want to valet. After the meal, we were told there was another elevator we could use. We had reservations, and we were seated right away, even though many were waiting. As to the meal, we did not get the family style this time, but it is a good choice for 4 or more. We got very different meals, all very good, and prices were reasonable. Our waiter was excellent, very helpful and attentive. It was a bit noisy, as we were seated in the middle of the restaurant, but we had a great time. I would definitely return if I am in that part of town.

• Visited March 2014
Downey, California
“A mixed view”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Having to wait about 50 minutes (even that we were told it would be 30) it had to raise our expectations. We got a nice booth and we liked the atmosphere, cozy Italian, noisy with vibrant colors and aromas, and after 15 mins the waiter showed up, taking orders for everything. He made a mistake in one of them, and he was hard to locate. The food was OK, nothing spectacular. I guess in an effort to be more Italian is a bit heavy on some ingredients (too much butter and spices), and the quantity is overwhelming. Having been to Italy many times I guess I would not call this a typical Italian trattoria, but more an American restaurant with Italian colors and geared to the unhealthy side of eating. Too much of everything does not make it good, and most Italians are not obese. But it is a good effort by the peopel who created it and I would go back (once in six months or so) but be more careful about the quantity and selections.

Winter Haven, Florida
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Recently went with group of eight on a Saturday night. Reservations assured that we were promptly seated (highly recommend reservations for any dinner dining).
Food was (as always) really good. Only a couple of things could have been better: Our group of eight adults was seated in a room that was fairly quiet when we arrived--in just a few minutes a group of probably 20-25 young girls (13-15 yr olds) were seated directly beside us--literally 18 inches away. For the next 2 hours no one at our table could hear a word--not just loud, but REALLY LOUD! The service was great but since we ordered off the chefs choice family style menu, it seemed to talk a very long time for several reorders (especially crab cakes). I thought this was not the servers fault, but kitchens fault. The other thing, I always order the beef medallions from the "CC menu", this time they were good--but not great like before.
Half of our group was new to Maggianos and I really wanted them to have a great experience. For the money we spent on the "CC" meal, I wish we had been able to talk to each other, I wish some of the items had come out quicker, and I wish the beef had been up to Maggianos usually high standards. I have one more wish. I wish I could go more often. It's my favorite restaurant. Maybe next time I'll try Tampa. It's not the tourist meca that Orlando is. Try it, you'll be glad you did!

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Not My Favorite”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I made reservation for Maggiano's a month ago for a family get together ( 9 of us) and I have to say I was very Disappointed. First The parking garage was very busy and since we were rushing to get to our reservation we had to Valet our cars which was $10. When we got inside it was super crowded and the line to talk to the hostess was out the door. I watch the Hostess and she was super rude and short with all the customers and she looked like she was overwhelmed. When My husband finally got to her she handed him a pager and told him we would just have to wait. By that time we all were there and were 15min past our reservation. The lobby was so jammed packed we couldn't even move.

When we finally got to the Table the young man that sat us was very nice but there was no room to move. I mean our table and all the others in the dinning room were right up on each other and it was so so Loud we couldn't hear one another. As this was a family get together we were upset we couldn't hear one another. The food was very good and arrived in a timely matter but there is no way I would go back. Loved the Food HATED the Restaurant.