“Great experience”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Ranked #69 of 4,083 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been remiss in getting to this; our visit was back in September. Wife and I were visiting Orlando and decided to try Maggiano's in celebration of our 30th anniversary. This was our first experience with Maggiano's, as we don't have one near us, but it will not be our last. The restaurant itself is very attractive and well decorated to provide the appropriate atmosphere. The food was great, and our servers, Michael and Dutch, took very good care of us. Dutch made some excellent suggestions; the crab cake appetizer was very tasty! Really, everyone in the restaurant was quite friendly, and the exceptional food and service made for a really memorable time. We are looking forward to an opportunity to return, and would not hesitate to recommend it!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,615)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have been going to Maggiano's since it opened. This was my favourite restaurant until my last visit. I usually could not go past the beef medallions as they were delicious. But the last time I ordered them I thought I got the wrong dish. The meat portion was half the size, the crispy onion's was missing and to be honest the food looked sad on the plate. I mentioned this to the server and she said i know, but they have changed things. The manager came over and tried to say they are revamping the menu and the meet is a better quality, I find that hard to believe as the meat before was tender and nice. My wife's pasta portion was also half the size it used to be.
For a restaurant that offered family style dining, the portion sizes which was healthy are now just so much smaller, but the prices have stayed the same. And the biggest thing the food tasted bland.
It's sad for me to say I will not be going back to which was my favourite restaurant.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to this restaurant. They were so kind and friendly from the host to our waiter. The food was great! We were very satisfied with our experience. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I are in Orlando for a conference and after hitting all our established haunts we decide to explore "the Pointe" shopping and dining area.
We were in the mood for Italian and saw Maggiano's (OK it sounded vaguely familiar). We didn't have reservations - but what the heck it was a Wednesday night and early, at only 6pm. They found us a table after only 10 minute wait and the place was packed.
Gotta say - some of the best Italian food I've had short of a big bucks signature restaurant. I had gnocchi with mushrooms and it was excellent (also give the house cocktail a try - at $6 all in a veritable bargain). The service was excellent and the manager even came over to inquire about our meal and service. He comped us coffee and dessert for being from out of town and first timers at his restaurant. Definitely a highly recommend - at least in Orlando - We'll give their store in Boston a try next time up.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We try to avoid chain restaurants, especially when on vacation, but didn't realize this was a chain until we asked our lovely server Christina. She made a great recommendation to try an appetizer with fresh mozzarella that was on a daily special menu....we are still talking about this. It was fabulous; the cheese reminded me of something you can only find in the authentic Italian salumerias in New York City. I had the chicken parm, my husband had a pasta dish with huge chunks of lobster...both really great and portion sizes were massive. Despite the fact that we could barely breathe from over-indulging, we couldn't resist getting dessert to go. Pumpkin cheesecake for me, traditional cheesecake for my husband. Great drinks as well; my husband loves Hendrick's gin, and the bartender made it with an exceptional tonic and cucumber. I had a Dark and Stormy, which is also a drink rarely available at most restaurants. The ambiance was lovely too; it was a beautiful restaurant and we had the option of sitting outside, which was awesome. Christina was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about Italian cuisine. We are definitely making this restaurant a must-visit the next time we are in Orlando, or for that matter, anytime we are in a city that has a Maggiano's.