“So glad we found this restaurant!”
Review of Soco Thornton Park

Ranked #71 of 4,630 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a long day, we needed a place to eat that was within close walking distance from the condo in which this restaurant is located. The food and the service exceeded our expectations. I wish I could remember the name of our server because he was amazing.We were so impressed that we attempted to have brunch there the next day but they were booked until 2PM. Not surprising after our experience. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the Thorton Park area.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (203)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Friday special - Ribeye and Rye ($35) is outstanding and perfectly cooked, paired with a Rye Whiskey which is normally $12 on its own. Pecan Crusted Snapper is also a must try. You will eat every morsel off your plate! Parking is difficult on the street, but there's parking in the back parking garage for a charge.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

I'm 63 and this is one of the best restaurants I have ever found. The drinks by Michael were amazing, as was his explanation of the possibilities that he could concoct. The food was over the top - especially the Collards and Banana pudding. Worth a trip to Orlando!

1  Thank 648cliffb
Reviewed October 8, 2019

This entire experience should be turned into a Masterclass on Fine Dining...Andre (Manager) and his team exceeded expectations across the board!

The top-notch service started from the moment I reached out to make the reservation. Andre was extremely responsive and offered us a few choices on seating. We chose the semi-private option - the lovely Barrel Room.

Our server, Marcie, accommodated the needs of this 14-party group with flawless execution and a smile on her face:)

...and as for the food - with a group as large as ours, we pretty much ordered everything on the menu and everyone was raving. I had the Filet, Brussel Sprouts and Peach Salad - all delicious!

I will be going back whenever I am in Orlando and highly recommend you do the same

Reviewed October 8, 2019

Wow - for me they've set a new standard of service. I highly recommend this place. I was one of a party of 14 celebrating a friend's 40th. We were seated promptly in a semi private room. My friend had been working with the manager Andre to secure that table for our party prior to that night. Our server Marcie, was friendly and quick to take our drinks and appetizer orders. For appetizers we had multiples of the brussels sprouts, fresh peach and arugala salad, boiled peanut humus, key west shrimp and sweet corn fritters, and the fried okra. All of them were well liked but the brussels sprouts and the salad were my favorites! For dinner I had the chicken and dumplings with another side of brussels sprouts - again very delicious! We had brought in a birthday cake and hence didn't try their desserts. The french press coffee ordered with dessert was superb.

Our waitress was phenomenal. Throughout the evening she offered to take our pictures when she'd see us taking photos. She was smiling throughout and never was put off by any ask. Service was quick. She as well as the manager and multiple other staff members thanked us for choosing their restaurant to dine with that evening.

After our dinner we wanted more photos outside the restaurant. Andre, the manager offered to take our photos - which was so friendly given that they were all dutiful in closing the restaurant. During our photos outside, a man walking by made us uncomfortable. It was late and I think he was possibly mentally unstable - by no means was the area dodgy. Staff took notice and the manager as well as another waiter personally walked us to our cars and didn't walk away till we were all in the cars! We felt so well cared for with that gesture. I can't say I've ever had staff of any restaurant do that before. Wow.

1  Thank liveandlove2travel