“Awesome Orlando Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Quispamsis, Canada
“Awesome Orlando Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and our 2 kids stayed at the Kingstown Reefs the first week of December 2013. We rented a 2 bedroom unit which was amazing! Our kids room had 2 queen beds, a full bathroom, TV, DVD player, balcony, kitchenette) and my wife & I had a king size bed in our room with another full bathroom. The living room and kitchen were perfect for early morning breakfast before heading out to the parks (Disney & Universal are under 15 minutes away). The staff were great. Everyone we dealt with at the property were polite and could not do enough for you. The 2 outdoor pools were well heated, which made night time swimming a lot of fun. This is a great property if you are looking for an affordable Orlando vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Logie1314

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bonney Lake, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We actually stayed here with friends who own WorldMark shares. We had a corner room - actually two suites - with a view of the pool area and palm trees - very relaxing. This property is located on a quiet stretch of International Drive (most of the area from Sea World on north is just a touristy mess). We had a full kitchen, small but adequate, a 4-place dining table plus 2 seats at the kitchen counter, and a comfortable living room.
Nice place, but remember this is WorldMark - you will be contacted regularly to either buy in or upgrade your ownership.
The only negatives regarding the room would be the incredibly cheap doors that offer little noise resistance (friends were talking and watching TV while I was trying to nap, sounded like the door wasn't even there), and the kitchen tile counter-top looked like it was grouted by a 12-year-old apprentice. Otherwise, yeah, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were told by our friends that room allocations are made based on who reserves first - not on who...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RoadTrippersWA
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

What a wonderful resort. Check in staff was amazing, the rooms were perfectly clean, beds were comfortable...the bedding in our room was updated since photos posted on this site. We just got back today and spent a lot of time in the nice heated pools (in December). I can't think of a complaint! It has a fully equipped kitchen with seasonings and coffee. We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Chelsea B
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our second stay at this resort in Orlando, and it continues to be one of our favorite resorts. We were first here in 2005 and I must say that after 8 years, it is still very well maintained, clean, and up to the standards I expect.

We reserved a 2-bedroom as we had another couple traveling with us. Their bedroom was part of the lock-out unit which gave them a huge bathroom, two double beds, a little mini kitchen, and lots of space. Our master bedroom was also sizable, with a comfy bed, bathroom, and lots of drawer space and closet space.

Check-in was easy as expected. We were greeted immediately and checked in within a matter of minutes. The couple traveling with us were arriving separately, so the front desk person informed us that they’d need to check in when they arrived in order to obtain their parking pass. There is ample parking at this resort, and we never had an issue finding a spot.

Though we didn’t participate in any resort activities, I did see a board offering an activity. There is also a brochure stand with a plethora of brochures for various attractions around Orlando. We were in Orlando specifically for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, and this resort was our home base as it was only about 10 minutes from Epcot.

The grounds at this resort are well maintained with pools, a hot tub, and a nice area for relaxing. The entire resort is surrounded by nice green grass, flowers, and trees – all very well maintained. One of my favorite things to do was to relax on the balcony and just soak in the sun (until I got too hot). Our 2-bedroom offered a balcony off the living room as well as a balcony off of the guest bedroom.

The kitchen was stocked nicely as expected with an oven/stove, full size refrigerator, spices, coffee (both decaf and regular, along with sugar and substitutes), and all of the pots, pans, utensils, plates, and glasses you could ever need.

We will continue to reserve at Worldmark Kingstown Reef any time we plan a trip to Orlando.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank TrvlGrl12
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here during 3 days conference. Rooms are very good, spacious and best part is the resort location..close to everything and still very quite and very open surroundings. Gym was Ok so as the outdoor pool. I really enjoyed walking inside the resort during evening and relaxing after a hectic day.

Room Tip: all the rooms have some views and backside rooms a lot quitter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Animesh J
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This WorldMark does sit near the top of my list of favorite WorldMarks. Like all WorldMarks the brand management is great and very consistent. It is everything you expect in a WorldMark, right down to the glasses. (If you are a WorldMark owner you will recognize the plastic glasses for use at the pool, always the same.)

The lobby building is interesting with a nice decor. I recall thinking as I registered, "how nice, I must come back and relax." well the thing is as nice as the lobby building is, it is a waste, because who sits in a hotel lobby but for checking in and checking out. Too bad, because it is a real nice building. It would be nice if WorldMark found something useful to do with the space that would help guests. It seems like such a waste of a beautiful building and space.

The pool area is quite nice with several hot tubs and kid pool . There is a snack bar, but it was not open during our stay. That was too bad, because grabbing a snack or drink, while at the pool is very convenient.

While we were at this resort is was very quiet. Few people used the pool. There was virtually no noise. It was very relaxing.

A few interesting events during this stay were first our Rental Car, booked with Budget. The day before we departed for Orlando, there was a news article locally in Vancouver about how some Budget locations in Vancouver were scamming customers for damage and repairs etc. It was quite a concerning story. Wish I had the link to share. In any case when we arrived at the airport to pick up our car we got a super high pressure sales press to buy extra insurance for the rental car. Now I already have two coverage for rental cars, first through ICBC my regular insurance company with my Road Star package, and second through my premium credit card. I explained this to the clerk but he would not let up. He was insisting on selling me the insurance. It was clearly high pressure, so when it came down to it, the combination of the news story in Vancouver about Budget and the clerks approach, I just felt like it was a bad idea to use Budget. I had booked my rental through Discount Hawaii Car Rental (Which is a great service as there is no credit card required to book.) so I just canceled the car on the spot. No worries. No credit card so they could not charge me a thing. The other good thing was I had a US Prepaid SIM and calling plan for the trip from Travelers Mobile (Another must use travel companion to save on mobile roaming) So without my booked rental car I simply called the WorldMark on my mobile and got instructions on the best way to get there, which was taxi.

The Taxi ride was a trip in itself. It seems Taxi drivers in Orlando are not very aware of the local hotels. So even though the driver said he knew where the WorldMark was, he did not. Again good thing I had my Travelers Mobile SIM. As soon as I realized the driver had no clue where he was going, I turned on the GPS Navigation on my phone and guided us to the hotel. Interestingly three days latter when my daughter arrived, the same thing happened, and good thing she also had a Travelers Mobile SIM, she also had to guide her taxi driver to the WorldMark.

Once at the WorldMark with no rental car, we checked out the transportation options. It seemed we saved a bundle of money and time by not having a car. There is a shuttle service that runs along International Drive (Where all the hotels and attractions are, except Disney World) The shuttle runs every 15 Min and it only costs $7 per day for an all day pass. We named the Shuttle the Bulla Bus after a similar service we used at the WorldMark in Fiji. The shuttle is great, and actually just as fast as driving, and no parking hassle. Also with no car, we could go as different times or to different attractions. It actually was a real blessing that we did not have the rental car. The shuttle bus also had a service where you text them the stop you are at, and it tells you how long before the next bus. With this we could time our arrival at the bus stop so our wait was not very long. I am not sure why, but with our Travelers Mobile SIM, this service worked just fine, but we met some people who had bought from another Canadian company and the next bus text service did not work for them. In the end I was really pleased we scrapped the rental car, and using the shuttle with the Travelers Mobile next bus tool was perfect.

There is a Mall with a Publix just three stops on the shuttle from the WorldMark and a few more stops to the outlet Mall. This fulfilled the need for shopping therapy, and to get the basics.

One unique aspect of this WorldMark, which we have not seen before was that the second bedroom was in effect an entirely separate mini suite. I am not sure if this goes for all rooms or just select rooms, but it was great. Our children are in their 20's yet still like to travel with Mom and Dad. But as kids get older a little separation is not a bad thing. With this configuration, the kids could stay out late, while old Mom and Dad were able to go to bed early and not be woken up by the kids arriving at 2:00am. The second bedroom had 2 double beds, a TV, full washroom and a small coffee station. Again the sleepy heads in the morning were not woken up by Mom and Dad and also they could make their own coffee when they finally did get up.

We sometimes travel with friends, and this configuration for a 2 bedroom would make it more comfortable for friends to share accommodations.

Overall this is a great resort.

Room Tip: I would get 2 bedroom corner room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank GeoffS89
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

My needs were basic, a place in the sun for a week; some sort of kitchen so I didn't always have to run out to eat; a decent pool area; easy access to restaurants, etc. in the evening. I wanted some time away from work and was travelling solo (don't knock it unitl you try it!).
I read several other reviews and was slightly worried, but for the price, I went for it. It was not a mistake. Many of the comments I make below are in response to those reviews.
First, I got there, shortly after noon and my room was already available. The woman at the front desk (I forgot to get names this trip) was very personable. I had questions and she answered them all. As I headed to my room, I met up with some cleaning staff. They took the time to make sure I got to my unit and talked with me the entire time. I would see them again over the next few days and they always were smiling and friendly.
The unit I reserved was the hotel with a partial kitchen. Though the kitchen area was smaller than expected (I have always gotten a full kitchen, so I was spoiled), it was enough to make do. I had two double beds, a balcony, a Vizio flat screen (I only mention as others stated it was outdated) and a decent size bathroom. Now I will add, for two people this would have been comfortable. For four people, which the room is listed as max, it would have been very tight. However, my thought on that is SPEND the money on another unit or a bigger one!!! I thought the furniture was in keeping with the many other exchange and all inclusive resorts that I have stayed and in no way did I think it was unclean. I have a slight phobia about hotel rooms (I always take slippers while traveling) but never once in my mind did I think about wiping down the room. I even examined the dishes, microwave and refrigerator. I was very pleased with its condition.
Speaking of the room, I did have a safe, there were no doors on the TV cabinet, and yes, you had to primarily sit on the bed to watch TV, but I believe the assumption is that you are not there to watch TV. There was a table and chairs, which could easily be moved into the center of the room, if it was that important. They did supply soap and nothing more, but I don't go on vacation for free shampoo, conditioner and lotion. If you need that, stay in a true hotel. Same with the cleaning, I was fine exchanging my towels once during the week. If you want daily cleaning, stay at a hotel. I was happy that I knew no one else was in my room all week. Lastly, room security was fine. I came back on the trolley late many nights and the resort was well lite. In addition, access to my room required one to pass through two key carded doors. There was also security walking around the property.
As I stated, my intention was sun and relaxation, so the pool area was my main concern. It was very well kept, from the grounds to the pools themselves. As I spent nearly every day, morning to evening there, I can tell you that the staff was always washing down chairs and tables, as well as the walking surfaces. The pools were cleaned on a regular basis. As most people are there to visit parks, I had the pool to myself on some days. When others were there, the rules seemed to go out the window, (no floats in pools, no kids unattended in pool or hot tubs, etc.) One woman even put her kids in the hot tub and told them to stay there while she went to their room to make lunch. The same family brought numerous rafts, noodles and beach balls to the pool, then left them there many nights. As the pool is not monitored, nothing was said, but it is disappointing that people can't monitor themselves. On the other hand, I saw people in the pool early in the morning and they allowed people in the pools and hot tubs well after closing. I think this was alright as long as they didn't disturb the resort. As to the fitness room off the pool area, it was very clean, except for someone who would get water in a paper cups after working out and then throw it in the floor (cause the garbage was only 5 ft. away). There was a very nice TV mounted and just the right amount of equipment for a resort that assumes you won't be working out every day. The grills were located just outside the pool area. I again saw the staff washing them down and cleaning off the racks. I used them nearly every day for lunch, as did many other families.
On the day I was leaving, I was able to store my luggage in a room off the lobby until my shuttle pick up. I was able to sit in the area near the pool where the restaurant once was and even change my clothes in the nice big bathrooms off the lobby. Again the staff was incredibly helpful and courteous. Just an FYI, I didn't see it until I was leaving. Any leftover foods and supplies can be left in a container in the lobby. The items would then be donated. I thought that was a nice touch.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I accomplished what I set out to do. If I were ever to return to Orlando for an actual "visit the parks" vacation, I would definitely stay here again.
On other thing, yes, you have to pay for wi-fi. As you do at many better resorts, as it is secured. I used it daily and never had any problems with service.

Room Tip: I chose the hotel with partial kitchen, it just has a sink, fridge and microwave, but served its pur...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo