“Great time”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orlando
Parliament House Resort
Ranked #288 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed there 9/5/13to 9/10/13 i know i had a great time and can't waut too.go back the staff was more then sweet. The maids that nice. Bartenders for the most part are cute and fun too be around.thank you Parliament i had a great time. And can't wait too go back

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sears73
There are newer reviews for Parliament House Resort

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The worst thing about this place was no A/C. We walked into a sweltering room, curtains open, on the west side (outside), and no A/C on. When I tried to call about switching rooms I was told it would cool down after the sun went down. Well it didn't. And horrible beds, 2 very small pillows, and dirty room. I have been hearing about this place for years, and when we booked a cruise and this was the host hotel I figured I'd have a good experience. WRONG! The concept is a million dollar idea. Restaurant, several bars, built into what looked like an old Holiday Inn. If they'd clean it up, fix the A/C and and improve the rooms they'd have a gold mine.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bayouboy1982
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights with my best mate and I was really surprised at the price when I booked the hotel. What I should have done, but forgot to do was check this website, but it was a very last minute booking. Regarding the booking, it has to be done by telephone or email reservation. The amount of hotels I've stayed in my life, I can't remember having to book a hotel by phone or email reservation!

It cost $50 (roughly) to get from the airport (MCO), which took about 40 minutes to arrive. Whilst driving to the "resort", the neighbourhood started to decline in it's appearance and with it, my spirits.

On arrival, the place looked nice enough considering the area we were in and the check-in was relatively painless. We got asked whether we wanted a "quiet room" or "busy room" and we picked quiet as we knew this place had a bar and club attached. After leaving reception, we noticed men just walking around the building and looking through windows or cracks in the curtains. This tipped us off that we weren't staying in a normal resort. This is somewhere (sex) cruising is part of the "charm" of the resort. This didn't really bother either of us, but a bit of a wake up call. Men were knocking on all hours of the day on our door looking for a fun time.

The room was BOILING HOT when we walked in and stank of cigarettes. It was very basic and the carpet looked like it had seen the signing of the Declaration of Independence. One double bed had several cigarette burns in it and a stain on the head board that only a man can make. I went to use a towel to clean off the stain but then noticed the towel had a blood stain on it. There is no air condition, just a fan in the room that seems to be a fan of Katy Perry as it randomly blew hot and cold and there was nothing that the staff could do about.

We went for a walk to find a shop to buy some antibacterial cleaning stuff and room spray for the cigarette smell. After about walking along the main street, I felt like I was in an episode of 'The Wire' after seeing people sitting on sofa's outside the only convenience store and three men getting arrested outside the store.

YOU NEED A CAR! Rent one (with Satellite Navigation) before you get here as it's in the middle of a rough neighbourhood with nothing but run down hairdressers and auto repair shops. The buses take ages to get ages anywhere and you don't want to be getting a bus at night either.

The restaurant was a nice surprise as I wasn't exactly expecting the best in the world. The staff were lovely and friendly and the food was tasty and plentiful. The bar and club are lots of fun with mainly friendly staff and patrons. The only downside of the club is that the music on the weekends can be heard from any room in the resort until about 3am which isn't great if you're trying to have an early night to do the attractions etc.

The pay-for WiFi has a strong signal all around the complex which was an added bonus as was the surprisingly picturesque lake and mini beach at the back of the resort.

This resort could do with having a MAJOR refurbishment, it is a cheap base of operations for a hotel, but when you add the cost of the car and the slightly run down feel of the resort and the amenities are lacking, it doesn't work out that cheap. If you're up for a sleazy weekend away then this would be perfect, but for a proper vacation I would say spend the extra money for somewhere closer to International Drive (about 20 minutes away by car) and then just get taxis for nights out here.

I won't be staying here again, my two 'stars' are for the clubs and the restaurant. The room was shockingly dirty and as another reviewer stated, you don't feel too hygienic walking on the carpet with bare feet or sleeping on the bed without a good antibacterial spray and UV light.

Definitely not a place for families or kids!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Ask for a room at the back which has a nicer view of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Cumdropper55
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Because of the limited gay scene in Orlando sometimes I end up at this dump. Hard working bartenders and strong drinks are the extent of the positives...
With the exception of avoiding a DUI; would never recommend staying here. Regardless of price, rooms are a total nightmare...
Bars, theater, restaurant and all public areas are dark, smelly and dirty with lots of wear & tear. Disco Balls and light fixtures throughout look to have an inch of dust on them.
Smokers everywhere; can't get away from the stench. Security is a joke? Local ghetto hustlers, dealers and semi homless wondering the property to the early morning hours. I find it odd that theres not more reviews on this place???

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank bowman716
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great shame, this could be a great place if the owners were to put some of their profit back into renovating this RUN DOWN complex....rooms very dirty, bed linen and towels very tired and worn and whatever you do do not walk bare footed on the carpet.. lots of local hustlers cruising late night/. early morning BEWARE, on the plus side good entertainment, very friendly staff

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Classicboy
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Im giving the Parliament House 5 stars because it is what it is. If you want a clean room at a great rate then this is a good choice. The Hotel is not a 5 star resort and doesnt pretend to be. It is a safe place to stay, eat and drink. I had stayed there several times back in the early 90s and booked and room for 3 nights after a cruise and then went back a month later and stayed a week. I was a little worried after reading the reviews but decided to book anyway, and Im very glad I did. The room on the first stay was overlooking the side parkinglot, it was clean, bed were comfortable and yes I checked no bedbugs.The second room was overlooking the back lake and the view was beautiful, agian no bedbugs and the room was clean and no frills. The pool area is great as is the staff, the pool boy waiters are scantily clad and are friendly and handle themselves very well. The food in the cafe was surprisingly good, in fact we nearly ate every meal there.The waiter Chris was so friendly and we loved him and the other guys there, Carlos and Joey were awesome also. I also have to compliment the security there, they were noticeable without being overbearing and I even saw them there at 7am as we were leaving for an early flight home. I think any posters here that are negative are just old trolls that couldnt get action on the balcony or are just stuck up snobs that give the gay community a bad name.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter stay request a room that doesnt overlook the courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I agree with the previous reviews-this is no 4 star resort.

For what it is, it’s decent. It does need some updating, but I am thankful that we have a place like this to visit. This resort has been a part of the gay community for a long time. We visited last over Labor Day weekends, lots of activities and people, and even a free pig roast on Sunday. We are headed back tonight, a month later because we did enjoy our stay.

The rooms are priced for what they are, and the parking is free. I do wish the rooms included that nights admission to the club, you do have to pay separate admission to get in. We just made drinks in our room for free and carried them to the club since we had to pay admission.

The bars and drag shows are grand. Staying at the hotel avoid a DUI as well.

Over all 4 stars for me. I do wish management commented to this site as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple