“Horrible Tea Time”
Review of Infusion Tea

Infusion Tea
Ranked #819 of 3,809 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Consistently voted best vegetarian and best teahouse in Orlando. We are Orlando's organic teahouse!
Oviedo, Florida
“Horrible Tea Time”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I purchased online a Tea-for-Four at the living-Social website for $40 for this restaurant. I was really excited and looking forward to having a great time with my girlfriends; one of which is from England. I called them for advanced reservation and was told that they only did this for party of 10 or more. I was told to come to the restaurant after 2 pm in order to use my voucher from Living-Social. Keep in mind that I paid in advance for my Tea-For-Four and was now given restrictions on when I can use my voucher, which was not clearly defined in the fine prints when I purchased at Living-Social. I got my friends together and we showed up on 5/18/2013 around 2:35 pm. When we walked in it was not clear who was in charge. I managed to find someone to speak with and she copied my voucher information and told us to sit where ever. The restaurant was full ad no tables were available. Since it was hot outside, tea in the sun was not an option. After a while, we was able to find a table. I realized this place was quite laid back, but this is still not an excuse for poor customer service. The tea cups and silverware were dirty and spotty, the cold and hot tea we selected were very weak, lack flavor and basically tasted like water. My friends told me other patrons were dipping the infuser into their cups individually. When we received our platter of assorted tea sandwiches, cranberry bread and cookies, the sandwiches were stale due to the bread being hard, the lettuce and other vegetable were wilted. The only thing palatable were the fresh baked chocolate cookies and the cranberry bread with "Clotted" cream, which was really whipped sweet butter. As a avid tea drinker with my own variety of infusers and teapots, my experience was quite disappointing and I will not be back

• Visited May 2013
GuatemalaPCV, Owner at Infusion Tea, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and am sorry you didn't have a great experience.

I notice you were using a 50% off voucher from livingsocial.com. Livingsocial is a 3rd party company who's photos of a typical Victorian tea may have been confusing to you. As you now know, we are not a Victorian tea room. This is off-putting to some ladies. For readers out there: We are an urban vegetarian tea house and have no lace and offer no petit fours. We do offer a fresh take on tea and hope you'll give us a try.

We are quite busy, so as this reviewer points out it can take a few minutes to find a table. If you're patient, we think you'll agree that we're worth the wait.

Keedysville, Maryland
“Great Restaurant, with Vegan offerings”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Attended Infusion Tea with my son, who is vegetarian, and I am a vegan. The food was great. Very fresh, hot, and tasty. Keep up the excellent work. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to eat healthy.

• Visited May 2013
“Bad service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The food is quite good but the service leave much to be desired. I went with my family on Sunday and they closed the kitchen before 6 pm. Some of my family did not get to eat. They were rude about it. They did not warned us that their kitchen was about to close. So be ware that they close their kitchen "15 min early", because they won't care to let you know. Very unfriendly for vegetarian people. I left quite disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
GuatemalaPCV, Owner at Infusion Tea, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We're so sorry you had a less than pleasant experience. Our kitchen does close 15 mins before closing. We hope you'll try us again, we're worth it!
w.bloomfield
“for tea lovers”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Brought back many samples of all types of teas. Cozy and food was interesting. Sent back a few flavors as souvenirs

Visited April 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great Spot for Tea”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you love tea, this is the spot for you. The have an amazing selection of hand-selected teas from all over the world. They have a great menu for vegetarians. The "afternoon tea" is fun for everyone. You receive a pot of tea of your choice with a lovely 3-tiered tray of tea sandwiches/tarts. For those not into vegan foods, you'll be surprised at how tasty vegan can be!!

• Visited March 2013