“Not fancy, but good food!”
Review of Sushiology

Sushiology
Ranked #503 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is my second stop at this place. Both times the food was great. Its just off I-Drive. Hard to find, but worth the effort.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

THe portions were small and the staff rude - When I said this is notthe way to treat people the server said this was Florida not London or Tokyo - Avoid

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm a great believer in "you get what you pay for" and we were just looking for some cheap sushi. I have to say, you get a LOT more than you pay for at this place. For example we had a platter of 37 pieces of sushi and this cost us $24 including tax. Insane, right?

But there's a reason for this. The rice was chewy, I'm not sure whether this means over or under-done but it was certainly one or the other. It was also completely flavourless. I usually expect mirin or rice wine vinegar or something to be on it but it genuinely just tasted of nothingness. There was no flavour to the fish, anything. If it weren't for the soy and wasabi I'm not sure I'd have known i was eating.

I really cannot understand how this place has got such fantastic reviews.

Personally, i would rather spend double the money and get sushi that tastes good, but to each their own.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The food was great, not expensive. The staff could be more friendly and smile! Nice location on International drive. I will not call it a restaurant, it's more like a takeaway place. Only a few tables. Good selection of sushi.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We were at Orlando area for about 10 days, and we went to Sushiology for 5 of our meals, though one of the times was closed by the time we arrived there. Their closing hours are surprisingly late, but we arrived a little too late for that one time. We went so often that they recognized us, and I was really reluctant to leave Orlando.

From where we came from where almost everything is expensive, including Japanese food, Sushiology is really considered very reasonably priced. They serve generous amount of food, especially the sashimi and unagi. In our home country, everything is served HALF the size for the same price. Thus we really appreciate and feel blessed by this little restaurant. The food is fresh and they pack very nicely for you for take out orders if you are not able to get seats. Drinks are unlimited if you dine there. The beef, gyoza and shu-mai are very good too. The cheesecake was however a little too sweet for my liking, given that I have a sweet tooth.

We miss this place very much!!

2  Thank broadshouldersgal