“Family had a great time”

Orlando Watersports Complex
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Orlando Watersports Complex is a unique watersports park designed for wakeboarding, wakeskating, wakesurfing, kneeboarding and waterskiing. Since 1999, OWC has established itself as the best place to learn how to wakeboard. OWC is set up with two full size cable systems, a two-tower system and a boat lake. The two-tower system is great for teaching new riders the basics while our beginner full size cable provides them the tools to create a solid wakeboarding foundation. For the advanced riders, there is the advanced cable, which offers experienced riders many different advanced features.
Dallas, Georgia, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family had a great time”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Family with 3 grandchildren under 10 visited the watersport complex on a July day. We all relaxed and cooled down walking the park and garden trails in the early morning. We all took an air boat ride through the swampy area. We all found it exciting. The boys did some fishing.

The family had a great time

Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Extreme cable wakeboarding for the fit and young at heart.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

On Feb 1,2014 my husband, son and I found this remote watersports complex that features two small man made lakes with 2 circular obstacle courses. Never having wake boarded before we were excited and a little scared. We got a 4 hour groupon pass to check it out.
Eventhough we didn't get any, I definitely would recommend to get body suits (1/2 or full) especially in the winter months; this will not only keep you warm but will act as extra cushion when you belly flop and back flop or get dragged along the water (this will happen numerous times if you are a determined beginner). I had to take a 1 hour break to warm up from the cold water (I only wore a long sleeve dry fit shirt and swimsuit skorts) which was ok because I was able to play volleyball on silky, finely grained sand court as well as ping pong.
Overall, we had a fabulous time wakeboarding: learning, trying, failing and trying again until we succeeded. I recommend doing a couple of laps on the body board to get used to the slack/pull of the over head cables around the buoys. You need to be relatively strong and have good balance to successfully do it. We saw a few young kids that were very good. The instructors gave us tips to improve our ability to ride. After about 1 hr, both my husband and son were able to complete one lap around the buoys. It took me a little longer but, once I mastered it, I was able to do 5-6 laps before muscle fatigue set in and I needed a break. On the expert side of the lake, ramps and rails were set up for the experienced athletes to practice their moves which was entertaining to watch when we finished our session. The sunset was incredible!
Ps we were a little shocked to hear about the brain eating amoebas that thrive in hot, stagnant water; however, we were relieved to learn that the water temperature was too cold for them to survive and that the OWC had not had any incidences in its 15 year existence.
I definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a great, active, experience. Would be enjoyed by snowboarders too.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Fabufab
Orlando, Florida
“So much Fun!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Came here with my family and the had a blast! Such a great staff and very beginner friendly!! The kids had a blast and we will definitely be back again.

Visited November 2013
Guernsey, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Each time I visit Orlando I make time to visit OWC , the cables are great fun and a good place to learn.

Fredrikstad, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun on the water”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went here with some friends without knowing too much about the place. Having never wake boarded before I thought it would be kind of hard. But I happily got up on my third try. Most of the people working here are very welcoming, motivating and helpful. The fact that there is to separate cables, one for the experienced riders, and one slower one for people with less experience was great. All in all we had loads of fun and ended up going back a few days later.

Visited October 2013