“Clean, great location, great service great value!”

Orlando International Resort Club
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2nd floor 2 bedroom 3 bath. Overall a great value with nothing bad to say. Very clean and customer service was great... Very friendly and professional staff. Location was very close to shopping and restaurants. Also just minutes to universal, about 10 minutes to sea world, and 20 to 40 minutes to disney depending I traffic.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank jtroh
There are newer reviews for Orlando International Resort Club

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the OIRC for 2 weeks in May 2013 in a 2 BR, 3 Bathroom unit on 2 floors with screened in balcony. We had 3 rooms since there were 10 of us for a family reunion.
We slept soundly since it is in a quiet area & the beds are excellent. It had nice flat screen TV's with good cable.
There was no music in the lobby at all, just friendly helpful staff (especially Joe).
All the resort staff is friendly,it is well run & has a nice but smallish pool. Unfortunately, the whirlpool was under renovation in the second week (of May 2013). They provide a free newspaper every day (Orlando Sentinel & USA Today) & wifi is freely available in every room.
Just outside the resort is bus stop # 5 for the tram which runs every 20 minutes along the length of International Blvd. A real bonus to leave the car behind & do more exploring on foot.
The housekeeping is excellent & reliable. We met the maintenance man & he asked us if everything is OK & we said it was, how is that for being proactive?
It has a tennis court, shuttleboard, outdoor bowling (for children), a childrens' play area & a basketball court.
We'd go again & if the pool was bigger we'd give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Get a 2 bedroom unit on the second floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank adzy40
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This resort is certainly excellent value for money. The apartment was in two floors with a really nice terrace, two large bedrooms and three bathrooms!!! We couldn't have asked for more. It is true that the decoration and furniture is old fashioned but overall it is very confortable and cosy. The swimming-pool and the jacuzzi are great and another plus is the tennis court with free lighting until midnight. This resort is an excellent choice if you are planning to visit Universal Parks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kongen04
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Springs in mattress poked us all night and our "non-smoking" room stank of cigarette smoke. We checked in at four thirty pm and there was loud rap music playing in the lobby. We won't be back! Sucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksucksuck

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kelzzzzzz
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Parents came here for years and I joined them for a few. After few years trying different places we came back last year and due to visit again in may. Never see any other English here which is quite nice. It's totally different from some other large places. Condos are massive and so clean and comfortable. Love the small pool, it's never very busy and very friendly so it's a lovely atmosphere. No bar or food area but plenty of BBQ's to make your own whilst relaxing. Ideal for prime outlet malls, 5mins walk!!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisafordy
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked this rental through the Armed Forces vacation club back in Dec 12 for a stay Mar 2-9 2013. First, if you are a veteran or currently in the military you need to check this website out for vacation rentals. We booked this place for $347.63 for 7 days. I couldn't believe we could stay that cheap around spring break time near Disney, but the trick is to book a few months out. We arrived on Sat right at check in time (4:00pm) and were cheerfully greeted by courteous front desk staff. They answered all my questions and made us feel very welcome and appreciated as patrons. When we got to our room or should I say condo because the place is HUGE. We stayed on the bottom floor which I requested two weeks ahead of time and they graciously accommodated. When you have a 3 and 4 year old you tend to have a car load of stuff so It was nice not to have to lug it all to the 2nd floor. Our room had a breakfast bar when you walk in the door and a fully equipped kitchen with just about every utensil you have at home. You walk into the dining room/living room next and see that you have about a 40-46 inch LG flat screen TV, DVD player, and with 3 HBO channels for movies. The master bedroom is rather large with a king size bed and a second 32 inch LCD flat screen TV. The master bathroom has a hair dryer and plenty of towels. One thing I liked was there was a safe in the bathroom clothing closet where you set the code and can store all your valuables during your stay. The unit also has a small washer and dryer which we used daily to keep up with laundry. There is a second bathroom we used for the kids that is the standard size of most people's main bathroom in their house. There is also a second bedroom with a queen size bed. I forgot to mention there was a pull out sofa bed in the living room we used for the kids to sleep on to keep them in an ear shot of our bedroom. The amenities were also excellent. I used the gym twice during our stay to run and it is better than the average hotel. We also used to heated pool twice once during the day and once in the late evening. It was nice it was heated because in early March we had high 50's and low 60's some of the time. The last thing I can think of is they had a nice playground for the kids to play on as well. The location is nice and convenient for a lot of restaurants on International Drive. You can get anywhere around Disney in about 15 minutes or so. We did have one glitch with the bathroom drain sticking on the second bathroom and they had a maintenance guy there and fixing it in less than 15 minutes! Overall the place is a great place to stay for a family and we will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: Call ahead no more than two weeks out.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank James G
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was miserable and the staff could care less

I arrived at 10:30am (after dropping my family at Disney) to fill out all of the paperwork because I knew we would be arriving late as we planned an event that ended at 10:30pm.
I spoke to Isabella ( from Venezuela) and she very clearly stated that she assigns the room. I explained that I needed a first floor room with parking outside the unit because I had a handicapped person with electric scooters that would need to be dragged in as it would be out of battery by the time we arrived. She assured me it wasn't a problem since she assigned the units. She did not do it until later but my keys etc. would be waiting at the desk. While I was there for about a half an hour 6 people checked out of their units. They would be closed but the security guard would have everything and I would just need to pick up my keys. There would be help to unload the car.
- I arrived back at 11:30pm to discover that:
1. There were no keys - security would unlock the door but we would have no way to leave to eat and come back because there would be no access. So 3 hungry people chose shelter over food. UNACCEPTABLE
2. We were assigned unit 108 in building 3 - there was no parking lot designed to be near the building. The parking lot was at the opposite end of the building ( 4 large units away) and an actual space was about 2 blocks away. .
3. There was no one to help with the electric carts that had to be dragged blocks to the unit by the one healthy person in the trio. This took about an hour as dragging battery dead carts and luggage was no small feat.- UNACCEPTABLE

4.The unit itself:- UNACCEPTABLE
a. did not have a working dryer
b. did not have a working coffee pot
3. did not have 2 beds in the extra room as promised by reservation
4. did not have wifi- even though it was supposed to be available
5. did not have a working lamp bedside in the master bedroom
6. Did have a sag in the middle of the bed in the master bedroom - so one could roll into it at night

Complaints to the front desk brought a person to the unit who listened to my complaints and then tried to tell me there were no other units available. I was at the office and it was after 10 and 6 people checked out - so how many checked out before 10? How many new guests checked in before me with handicapping issues ? He tried to justify the treatment and the condition of the unit. And his attitude was so what!!
The condition and placement of this unit was cruel . Handicapped persons having to drag luggage blocks because there were no parking spaces designed to be within blocks of this building was a serious breach of Wyndham’s policy to accommodate guests with disabilities.
Forcing guests to forgo food or shelter because no keys were provided after the guest went out of her way to be sure that it would not be an issue is beyond words. It was as though we were in a “B” movie and there was no happy ending.
Do not waste you money or vacation on this place - Avoid it like the plague

Room Tip: Avoid this place like the plague - It will ruin your vacaqtion- The photos are to awful to print
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family