“Our stay at Vista Cay in Building # 4816 # 406”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Vista Cay

Vista Cay
Westminster, Colorado
“Our stay at Vista Cay in Building # 4816 # 406”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was very excited to bring our family to this place because it looked so nice in the pictures. When we got there, the place seemed abandoned, especially our building. We noticed a very strong, chemical/mildew smell right when we went in the building. When we go up to the 4th floor there were guys in the hallway sloshing water around the floors so the floor was very wet and they didn't even bother to tell us to be careful. The smell was overpowering. We went into our condo and we noticed there were bleach looking spots all over in the dining room & living room. The powerful smell got worse as the night went on. We were going to stay in to order pizza but had to go out just to get away from the smell. I called the front desk and they did not act a bit concerned or offer to move us. Our night of sleep was horrible because all the beds are very uncomfortable and squeaked when you move. We woke up and all had bites on us. Our teenagers also went to the "supposedly great game room" to find half game broken and everything very cheap. There was no one at the pool or anywhere. It was strange that it seemed so abandoned thoughout the complex. After the second excruciating night of sleep, we woke up to find many more bites. As we are home now, we cannot get rid of the pain and scratching from the bites and have notified the doctor. Also, they charge you for everything. The night before we left I asked to use the computer to print our boarding passes and they said it was a charge. They also charge if you do not physically bring the pool towels back to the office. You cannot just leave them in the apartment. For the money, this place is not worth it and is not anything like the pictures show. The patios also are not screened in, so you dare not go out at night, with all the gnats, mosquitos and little hanging spiders everywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KPG4
insiderselect, Manager at Vista Cay, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and take them very seriously. We do use an antibacterial cleaning solution on all public areas in our buildings and the smell generally dissipates fairly quickly. We sent one of our maintenance staff to check for odors after you called and he reported that he did not detect any. Yours was the only complaint we received from guests in any building including 4816. As a tropical state, Florida has many bugs, mosquitoes, etc - the only way to prevent bites is to wear bug spray. You did speak with our General Manager a few days after you departed and he refunded the cleaning fee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
u.k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

only gripe is that it was hard to find but once that was sorted we had a great stay at vista cay. we stayed in a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom condo and it was beautiful everything and more that you could need for your stay, there was plenty of towels and bed linen and a beautiful kitchen with everything you need. Its very close to international drive and sea world. There were 6 of us staying at the condo and it was more than spacious for us all.
The pool is large and spacious and the hot tub was great. This is a great place to stay for large families wanting a home from home and willing to do their own housekeeping and lets face it when your out at the parks all day how much housekeeping do you have to do! It was lovely coming back from a long day at the parks to the comfort that our condo offered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beller
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed 25th May-2nd June. I agree with previous reviews about being hard to find the club house to check in - we drove around for about 15 minutes trying to find the correct entrance! I had put three requests in - near to pool, high floor and lake view and was disappointed when only one was fulfilled (high floor). So rather than the lovely lake view we had a view over Universal Boulevard and some wasteland. Was quite a walk to the pool too, which you don't want after a long day trekking around the theme parks, so we only used it once. Looking at the layout, you need to book the premium condos to be near the lake and pool, the deluxe condos are all towards the back of the resort near the road. Handy having a supermarket next door but only a Chinese and a pizza restaurant there - have to get in the car and go round to International Drive which is only 5 minutes away, but it would have been nice to have had more restaurants in walking distance so my husband could have had a drink or two with dinner.

Condo itself was nice and well kitted out. Nice and quiet at night. Only gripes - even though there is a washer and dryer, not all clothes can be tumbled dried. There was nowhere to hang wet swimming gear, for example. One of those retractable clothes lines over the bath would have been very useful. Secondly, the air-con was very noisy. You can't have windows open at night, so have to have the air con going but there was only one fan speed - high - so when it came on and off at night it did keep waking us up - a variable fan speed would be a good thing.

All in all we did enjoy our stay at Vista Cay, though as we arrived from a week spent at Disney, I think we had been well and truly spoilt there and felt a little deflated on arrival when our requests were not met in full. Before we went I was looking at here and Floridays and to be honest, I think for the facilities that are on site and the location, I wish we had stayed at Floridays.

Room Tip: Book a premium condo - they are in the best locations and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JStanley45
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo. Decent looking place but we had too many little issues that added up. I'll address both positive and negative aspects. It is close to Universal Studios. The pool and jacuzzi area was very nice and spacious. The condos were spacious, especially the bathrooms. It was nice to have the washer and dryer inside the condo. The downside was there was only 1 washcloth and 2 towels for each bathroom, no hand soap, no body soap, no shampoo, no conditioner, no lotion, ice maker was broken, the gate code didn't work so we had to keep following people inside the air conditioner didn't work well, and we had to take out the trash and clean up after ourselves. This place works for large families who are willing to bring everything and do everything for themselves. This type of "hotel" wasn't for us because there wasn't anyone available to call if we needed something since each condo has it's own owner. We like the idea of being able to call a front desk if we are missing something or order room service if we want. We wanted to feel like we were on vacation but we still felt like we were at home.

Room Tip: Get a condo on the first floor. We were on the 3rd floor and had too much stuff to bring up and down...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank michelestevenson
insiderselect, Manager at Vista Cay, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments. After reading your review, it is clear that you did not stay in a condo that is managed by Millenium Management. There are several management companies at Vista Cay and we are the largest featuring front desk registration at the clubhouse open 24/7 as well as a housekeeping and maintenance staff. We are considered a self catered resort but offer a daily cleaning service for an additional fee. Millenium Management condos and town homes all have 2 sets of towels per person and extra linens as well as hotel amenities such as shampoo, lotion, dishwashing soap, etc. We invite you to come back to Orlando and stay with Vista Cay by Millenium for an entirely different experience.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with Vista Cay for eight days. The room was spacious . However , there were consistent problems with spiders, bugs ,& ants. The spiders were in the bedding. The ants barricaded the door from the initial day of check in. The front desk staff stated "well you are in Fl & and there are going to be bugs and that he had some at his home." REALLY!!. The television cable did not work properly in the MBR. I purchased ant & bug spray at the Walgreens & used the ENTIRE can during my stay to NO avail. I put in a work order for the ants that was not done. When I had questions, the staff at the front desk were not knowledgeable , nor friendly , nor willing to assist in finding an answer. Every answer was "I don't know". My experience was terrible. When I called about checking out early , oh they don't do refunds . When I called for a ONE hour late check out because my child was sick, the desk clerk was rude & acted as if I was asking for something unreasonable. She went into the let me check , because we are sold out. Bull, because the entire side of our condo had been empty for most of our stay. I was granted the one hour, but as if I was being an imposition. I spent too much money to be treated that way. Even if I hadn't , good customer service & satisfaction is expected wherever you pay for service. Long story short, I would NOT recommend Vista cay to anyone friend nor foe.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank Willtell2
insiderselect, Manager at Vista Cay, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We take your comments very seriously and as such will continue to train and review our front desk staff. Although your building was nearly empty during your stay, it does not mean that it remained that way on the day of your departure. We were indeed in a sold out situation for that evening with many check ins expected that day. The information you received when booking and on arrival states policies regarding early departure. Thank you for your comments - we encourage you to try us again should your travels bring you to Orlando.
Rochford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We are currently staying in a 3 story executive town house on Vista Cay resort, overlooking Universal Boulevard.
The holiday has been wonderful so far, despite some disappointing weather.
The resort is located a mere 2 minute drive away from I4 and is superbly positioned to access both the Disney and Universal parks. It is very near Seaworld - we drove from Seaworld last week onto our driveway in 4 minutes exactly!!
We have only driven through one toll all holiday (one week to go on a 3 week stay) and that was on the drive from the airport, however we still have a trip to Busch Gardens so I will need to keep the dollar bills handy for that!
It is quite a private resort, with most families going by their daily routines without too much interaction with other holidaymakers, which is what we wanted on an Orlando trip!
It has a Publix supermarket and NYPD Pizza Takeaway within 1 minute drive, however I would suggest neither are walkable if you intend on purchasing a few groceries. There is also a Walgreens within walking distance as well.
My one main gripe with the resort is the lack of signage to the main entrance where you need to check in - it took a good 20 minutes for us to find the reception on the day we arrived and we had been on the road for about 16 hours, not what you need really! However, check in process was swift and directions to property were good.
The accommodation is superb, probably a bit too big for our party if anything, which I suppose was a nice problem to have! They literally have everything....3 massive double bedrooms , each with massive en-suites/walk in wardrobes and lovely sized lounge and kitchen/diner. It was very clean and in good state of repair. It also had a mini safe in one room, which was easy to use.
There are NO restaurants within walking distance but Universal Boulevard and International Drive are within 2-3 minute drive and you have loads of choice.
We were impressed with TGIs near Seaworld and also Bubba Gumps at Universal Studios.
I have been using Co Pilot USA on my IPhone (which is available in App Store (UK) for £6.99) to help with navigation. I took my car bracket with me and it has been a god send! And much cheaper than hiring one from car rental company!!! This may be worth considering if you are driving over here...
The wi-fi in the resort is very good, as is the TV channels, with plenty of choice. Amazingly, Disney parks provide totally free wi-fi as well, so found myself using that also. It can come in handy if you have a large party as you can FaceTime or IMessage each other (for free) if you are in different parts of the park - a good way of locating each other! My kids were face timing there mate in the UK whilst they were queuing for Space Mountain!
All in all, this has been the holiday of a lifetime, brilliant value for money and I would fully recommend Vista Cay and surrounding areas for your trip to Orlando.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank theonlywayisrochford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having been to vista cay over 5 years ago I was pleasantly surprised to go back in February and find the location is much larger than before but still just as perfect for a base for am Orlando, theme park mad holiday. Please keep in mind I always hire a vehicle when I go to Orlando and using vista cay as a base the use of a vehicle is recommended. Perfect location though for universal studios, sea world, wet n wild, aquatica and the international drive area. With the choice of varied 2 and 3 bed condos that sleep from 2 up to 8 at vista cay there is plenty of choice for couples up to large families and with all condos placed on a gated community you will not only feel comfortable but safe and relaxed. There are many places you can book a vista cay condo from but this time I used destination America and couldn't fault their service and booking couldn't have been easier.

• Stayed February 2013