Vista Cay
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
$278
$212
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$147
$135
$323
$303
Hotels.com
$149
2,170 results
All reviewspublix supermarketuniversal boulevardinternational drivebed condomillenium managementgated communitytown homethree bedroommanagement companyself cateringthese apartmentsgreat condodunkin donutspool areawashing machinelake viewmaster bedroom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were there, at Vista Cay- the Mango Cove apartment, managed by rentsunnyflorida- on Spring break 2013. I'm not sure that's the same thing as the resort (not sure it's the same management), and since my main complaint is with the management I may be doing wrong with Vista Cay- so sorry if I am.
The main thing I can say is to watch out for the management- we got to the place late night (23:00) after a very long ride with two exhausted young kids, only to find the place completely a mess, used towels and sheets on the floors, everything filthy- it was just not cleaned. There's no one to call, so finally I called the security emergency number- that was the only one that actually returned my call (I called and texted the owner/ manager but she didn't bother replying). He had to talk to the owner, then talk to me, then talk to the owner, then talk to me... because she wouldn't speak with me directly. He of course had no idea what to do about that. Finally he gave me what he himself referred to as "I'm ashamed to offer this but this is what the owner told me.."- the offer was that we clean the apartment ourselves, put all the dirty sheets, towels etc. in the washer and dryer ourselves etc.- and in return they'll refund our cleaning fees and the first night's fee. Really insulting. Since all I wanted at that moment is to wash the kids and get them to bed, they finally arranged (after about an hour and a half) clean sheets and towels to be brought to our place- we of course needed to change everything on our own, and live with the filthy apartment for that night. Only the day after that it was cleaned.

Finally, the only compensation I got for this was- as originally offered- a refund for the first day and cleaning fee. While talking about the compensation, the owner actually had the nerve to tell me there's no need to refund the cleaning fee (which by itself is absurd: 80$ + taxes for a one time cleaning that should take place before we get there) since the apartment did get cleaned eventually (a day after we had to spend the night in a filthy apartment)!

The apartment itself (when clean) was OK- not everything working perfectly, not so clean washer/ dryer etc.- but I guess that can be expected from a rented apartment.

So the bottom line is- the place is OK- not great, but still OK- as long as everything is as it should be. Once something goes wrong- and due to a management fault in our case- there's no one to speak with, and you don't even get a reasonable compensation afterwards.

Room Tip: don't go to any rooms managed by "rent sunny florida"
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan E
insiderselect, Manager at Vista Cay, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We have reviewed your review during your recent stay at Vista Cay Resort and we are sorry that your experience was less than acceptable.

Millenium Management is the only full operation management company that operates directly here at Vista Cay Resort; unfortunately there are other management companies that rent units here at the resort too and we cannot control their customer service delivery;

We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer and quality accommodations, ensuring that we can address any issues or needs that might come up during our guests stay.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again at Vista Cay Resort in a near future, and be able to provide and deliver beyond your expectations

The Management

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Travelled to Orlando 24 March and stayed at Vista Cay for 16 nights. This is an excellent standard of accommodation. We asked for a 2-bed condo and were upgraded to a 3-bed. It was like home from home, fully equipped kitchen, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine etc, dining and lounge areas with plasma TVs in every room. Two bathrooms. All beds and furniture extremely comfortable. The site is very clean and maintained. Gardens and pool area are beautiful with heated pool and Jacuzzi, ample sunloungers and seating areas and open til 11pm. Would say the only thing missing was a pool bar but you could take your own drinks around the pool and there is an on-site shop selling the basics. Reception staff very polite and efficient, we had a slight issue with the code to our door not working but it was dealt with within the hour. The car parks are gated and you need security code to access. There are two supermarkets within walking distant which are great and supply everything you need. There are also pizza and chinese restaurants/takeaways next to the Publix supermarket which are great when you don't fancy driving out for dinner. Vista Cay is 5 mins drive from SeaWorld, 10 mins Universal and 20 mins to Disney so is in an excellent location. It takes about 15-20 mins from Orlando airport. The only negative I would say is that the Clubhouse reception should be clearly signposted off Universal Boulevard as we did get slightly lost on arrival but this was no major issue. We had a fantastic stay and would not hesitate returning to or recommending Vista Cay.

Room Tip: The pool and lake areas have lovely views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

excellent place to stay, we will stay here again.
rooms were clean, very nice
beds..a little firm but slept well
rooms have EVERYTHING you need. soap, dryers, towels, iron, etc..
A/C doesnt go below 72. if you are warm natured or going through THE CHANGE, dont book it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I traveled for business with two co-workers - they booked the Vista Cay.
From the moment we walked into the door I knew this was no cheap vacation rental or hotel.
Comfortable living-room, kitchen table with places already set, a full kitchen and plenty of room.
It was very nice, very clean and really felt like visiting someone's home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Again, property we had was excellent....

clean and presentable and lives upto expectations and more. will defo book again with Vista Cay near all the parks and resturatants.
Excellent onsite pool and staff who could not do enough for us..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family