“great hoilday hope to go back”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #207 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“great hoilday hope to go back”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

coco key is a family hotel the rooms are very clean and tidy they get clean everday day
you get freash towels too use at the water park the beds are very big in the room you have a big bathroom with a shower and a bath but there was no pug too have a bath with the is a water park at the back of the hotel with 3 big slides and 4 little ones the pool at the front of the hotel is very warm but the 1 in the waterpark were trhere is a waterfall is a very nice and relaxing when you go to the water parks there are 2 couked rings to go the slide on the blue ones are for the wite and red one and the clear ones are for the yellow there are 2 restronts and a barr there iis a lot to do but i will be going back sometime soon and qustions .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2016
Hello Rachel_1917,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Just got back from one night at Coco Key, and we couldn't have been more disappointed. It started off well - my husband mentioned some of the things that had been written about the resort and the gentleman at the desk was very kind and put us in what he called a "great" family room. While he was checking in, a couple came to the front desk and requested security to be called. He didn't stay to find out why, but he came back to the car and said that we may well regret staying there. Here is why we will never stay there again and will not recommend it:
1) Our room smelled of mildew.
2) While the rooms were decorated well, they were still kind of dirty. It was a renovated older hotel, and they kinda put lipstick on the pig.
3) We went to the Tradewinds for a nice quick dinner, but it took two hours because there was one server handling the entire floor (and he was greeting and seating as well). He said it was his first night, and when the family behind us complained openly, the manager just shrugged his shoulders. About 3 families got up and left, and had our food not come out right then, we would have too. On a positive note, The food wasn't bad.
4) The air conditioner in our room turned on and off all night long, which is great because it worked, but it woke us up each time because it sounded like an airplane engine starting up.
5) There was no internet/wifi connection!!! For a newly opened hotel, it seems kind of odd.
6) They gave us bracelets to get into the pool area, but they gave us last week's bracelets, so we had to stand in line (for about 20 minutes) to get the current week's bracelet to get into the park.
7) I went to the convenience store to heat up my son's bottle and after finding someone to open it up (it was well after they were supposed to have opened), I waited for them to actually open the door. When they did, the lock broke off and they had to call someone to fix it (again, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig).
8) The rooms face the outside, so you hear EVERYTHING. Someone from housekeeping walked by our room pushing a laundry cart and woke everyone up (it was around 11 p.m.)

I was really hoping for a good experience, but it really wasn't. If you book there, set the expectation bar low until management consciously makes changes to make it a better place to stay.

3 Thank TinaWFL
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello TinaWFL,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Our greeting at check-in was super friendly. Our room was lovely, and right by the pool. Only complaint was the bathroom fan. It was really loud, and ran 24/7. Also, no fridge or microwave. Everything is clean and newly renovated. The water park was amazing--it was so much fun I honestly had trouble convincing my daughter to go Disney! The waterslides are unbelievable. I love how there is a covered area for little kids, a covered pool, and then the big outdoor play area. Very well designed. Staff are all super-friendly, especially in the restaurant. Games area/arcade is great for kids. Would love to stay there again. If you're looking for a great place to go with kids of all ages, this is it.

Hello Tosh555,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I took his son and best friend, ages 8. We definitely were expecting a little more, given the photos we had seen on the website. However, the rooms were VERY small. Not what we expected at all. It was a remodeled motel. The air conditioning unit was LOUD. In the rooms you can hear people rolling their luggage by at all times of the night.

They close the water park earlier to prepare for their close time. I thought this was unacceptable. If it closes at 9, they should not begin sending kids away at 8:45 to get on certain water slides.

Location was horrible, horrendous traffic in the immediate area.

It was okay for an inexpensive get away but next time we will spring for a Universal package.

Hello AlpharettaWife,

Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The staff was not friendly, at the pool and water park. The Lifeguards were not pro active in watching the activity in the areas. Children would fall or get hurt in the area and there was not proper attention paid to them. The facility is open to the public so besides the guests from the hotel using the facilities so are the others from the community. During ort stay the water park was visited by 4 camps, all bringing more than 25 children with them.
Our room was located at the end of the hall near the elevator used by the cleaning staff. The Ice machine was located near the room and the noise from it kept me and my family up most the night. The air conditioner in the room was very loud. When we asked to be moved we were told no because the hotel was full, but the sign on the outside of the hotel stated that there were rooms available. The pools closed very early and opened late in the morning. The times for operation were 11am to 8pm. These times do not make for a great vacation.
On check out were informed of a $19/ day fee for a resort charge. This was not mentioned to us on check in nor was it on the itinerary when purchased through Hotels.com. When we complained the fees were not returned nor was the manager willing to make any provisions to make good to the situation.

We will not be back

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Dear Borbonrn,

Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Water park was nice but very crowded. Didn't know park wasn't there exclusively for hotel quests. Outside guests were allowed to buy day passes. Hotel pool was dirty and this was the first hotel we've ever been at that closed the guest pool right on the dot of posted closing time(guards kicked everyone out)There was also ALOT of rowdy, loud, rude people in the guest pool and next to our room which made it difficult to relax. Maybe it's an Orlando thing but was not relaxing by any means. More for kids than adults. Lastly, one night we did laundry and somehow dyed all of our clothes green. Glorified motel if you ask me. Not a resort.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear tiggeriffic_77,

Winter Springs, FL
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I have mixed feelings about our stay at Coco Key. Our kids had a blast, so that's the only reason I feel okay about it.

Our room was almost right on I-Drive (the door opened to the parking lot) and it was VERY noisy. At night you could hear sirens going up and down the road and people yelling in the lot. Also, there was one occasion late at night when someone was standing right outside our door cursing. We could hear a TV blasting in one of the rooms next to us almost all night. I won't stay there again because of the location.

The hotel does have everything a family could want. However, the little kids area in the water park had a problem with a pump during the majority of our stay which left the 2 other areas completely packed. We didn't let our little ones go in either section. There were just too many people. I was not happy about this. The staff just kept telling us that the 2 other sections were open. Yes, they were - but I was not going to let my 4-year-old get in the middle of that craziness.

I would rate this hotel differently if my kids hadn't had so much fun.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family