“Good for the Price”

Ranked #203 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Roswell, Georgia
“Good for the Price”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I stayed here 7/13/2014-7/17/2014. The hotel / water resort had nice rooms and the staff was very nice overall. We really did not have any problems except one time they forgot to leave clean towels and wash cloths. I called customer service and we had clean towels and wash cloths within 5 minutes. The only negative I can see with this hotel was the wait at check-in but it seemed to be a popular hotel so I was not surprised but they did have other stations that they could have open but I am not sure if they had the staff to do so.

Room Tip: If you do not have kids you may want a room that is facing the parking lot instead of the water reso...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you had a great time at our resort. Regarding the line wait at check-in, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, we have taken your comments back to our front desk manager. We hope you decide to visit with us again next July at CoCo Key!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Polish first
United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My first experience at Coco Key was really awful. We traveled from Miami, 4 hours and some on the road with two kids, we got there at 9 pm, tired and hungry, and we were received by a very nasty person at the front desk. The reservation was in the name of my husband, and when we got there, I gave my printed confirmation for the reservation; this person then proceeded to ask for an ID and a credit card. My husband was at that moment at the car, with our little one, and as soon as he entered the lobby I asked him for his license, for our awful surprise, he was not able to find it. He went to search it on the car and nothing, we were in despair, and his wallet was missing. I asked this person, that I did have my driver license, I showed her our insurance cards, with both our names, my husband and mine and our home address printed on the cards, she refused to accept or to even look it, I have the social security cards from both our daughters that our family last name can be seen it, she won’t even look at that. She told us blatantly that if we were unable to provide her a picture ID of my husband, she couldn’t allow us to our room and that we would lose our reservation at 12:00 am. We asked for a Supervisor, she told us that she was the Supervisor, her name is VERONICA. That was a not outlet road.
We had a reservation from Thursday 17th to Sunday the 20thand we were traveling with our two kids and with other family friends of ours that have two kids also. They were with us all the time in the lobby just trying to appeal to her humanity, to see our kids tired, hungry, and misbehaving due to all the tiredness for the hours on the road and being almost 10:00 pm and still we couldn’t get the room. After more than 45 min trying to find in our emails, on anything for a picture ID and nothing, she suggested that the only way that she would give me the room, was if I contact the agency with whom we made the reservation and have them changed it to my name so then I can provide MY id and she would be able to give us the room. Almost an hour has passed; I called the agency, being a FRIDAY AT 10:00 PM, afraid that I wouldn’t be able to reach them. I was on hold for an eternity, at that time I was almost sure that they won’t pick up the phone, and then it happened! They answered the phone, the lady that took care of my call was extremely nice, and she asked me to put this person from the FRONT DESK, VERONICA, on my phone so she could clarify everything needed, she told me that the only thing that was expected from me to show was the printed confirmation. When I approached VERONICA, she without looking to my eyes, proceeded to repeat me that all that she needed was an email from the agency with a new reservation on my name. Please note that while all this is happening and I see my girls extremely tired and uncomfortable, is almost 11:00 pm and I was about to cry. I insist on her that is the agency that wants to talk to her. She takes my phone with a very bad attitude and spoke to the nice lady on the phone. Then she gave me back the phone without even looking at me, rumbling the words “I have to wait now until I received their email to give you the room”. It was pure punishment for no reason. The lady on my cell asked me to keep her on the line to be sure that they would give us our room. She send the email right away, and the person on the Front Desk, the Supervisor, Veronica, was sure to took her time before finally printed and changed the reservation. She would go in and out of an small back office, sometimes we could hear her talking to another employee of the hotel about us, and when she got out with the email, she was sarcastically smiling as she smiled sarcastically when she finally gave us our room keys. We got to the hotel lobby at 9:00 pm and it was past 11 pm when were able to get the keys. Please, also note that we paid fully in advance this room, a month before.
After that welcoming, we decided that we were going to enjoy our stay for the kids and everything…We got to our room, it was a worn out room, there was dust everywhere, I was afraid to look at the corners or behind the beds. The corners on the floor of the bathroom were full of dirt that was hiding in there since Gods knows when. The next day our room was not clean, the bed were not made, nothing, no one took care of that room on Friday. On Saturday I saw on cleaning Supervisor on the floor and when I let her know about our issue with the cleaning, she sent a person to our room and that was immediately taking care of.
The Hotel as other reviewers says, is very crowded, extremely I would say. Local people can buy day passes and enjoy the water parks as the guests. It makes it extremely packed.
After all we went through, the kids had a great time but I won’t be returning to Coco Key any time soon.
I never felt so bad experience on any hotel that we have visited. Nothing compared to what we suffer on that Thursday 17th, 2014.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank Agarcia1976
CoCoKeyOrl, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Agarcia1976,
We are deeply concerned regarding your review. I would like to speak to you further regarding your experience. Please contact me at your convenience at mary.cook@cocokeyorlando.com

Mary Cook
Guest Services Manager
Swansea
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

After reading some negative reviews prior to flying from the UK to Coco Keys we were a little apprehensive. Once we arrived there was no need for us to have been apprehensive at all.
We stayed for 10 nights at the beginning of July 2014. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and tidy. We stayed in room 5108, peaceful location of the room, near the convenience shop. Room facilities were very good, room safe, small fridge, tv and tea/coffee machine and also an ice bucket. Room was cleaned daily.

The water park was a fun place, even my 15 year old enjoyed it. Always more than enough life guards around, never ever short on them. Then there was the pool and spa area, it was a lovely pool area, nice spa, only complaint with this we had was it was over run with kids, jumping in and out of pool, taking over the spa(even though it's not meant for under 16's). Personally we think this pool area should be for 16's plus, no kids. Only due to the fact that if the kids wish to play around in pools etc there's the whole water park for that. There was no pool to have a relax and a swim for adults. The spa could to be used by adults due to it filled with kids. This is the one and only complaint/issue with this hotel.

Bar service was good. Arcade was a good idea. I can't comment on the Pizza Hut or the other eatery there as we never ate in either.

Hotel is ideally located, close to 7/11, Ihop, many other shops, Appleby's, the miniature crazy golf course, Wet n Wild. A short drive to Universal too and only about 30 mins drive to Disney.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Kerys80
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2015
Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased that you and your family "Loved your Stay." We look forward to having you all stay with us again, during your next trip to Orlando!
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel 21/7/14 to 05/7/14 the rooms were clean but basic with tea/coffee maker and a small fridge there was also a flat screen tv, would have helped if room had a micro wave.
the water park was fantastic and suitable for all ages, hotel was situated in an ideal spot close to all amenities, was with my daughter who is 13 and my husband all in all thouroughly enjoyed our stay there, only down fall I asked for a pool view instead got a view of top of water park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank smoothie102
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you and your family found our hotel to be a great time for the entire family, and in a great location. Regarding your poolside room request, we take all requests into consideration and all requests are subject to availability. We would have liked to have you placed in a hotel guest poolside room vs. at water park poolside room. We hope to be able to fulfill this request during your next visit with us at CoCo Key!
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My stay was amazing I had also stayed at the nickelodeon hotel before and this one beats nickelodeon for sure rooms are so clean water park is amazing they have 3 huge water slides for everyone of all ages they also have a toddler area an indoor pool and another separate pool on the other side you can be in the shade or in the sun enough chairs they open till 11 pm which is awesome and open at 11am the other pool opens at 8 and you can take things to the pool they don't tell you anything it was just amazing I would defiantly pick that over nickelodeon any day

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you found the hotel guest rooms to be very clean, the water park to be great fun, and the hotel guest pool to be a great time and great convenience. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests and we are very happy we were able to do that for you. We look forward to your next visit with us at CoCo Key!
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I will not be going back..when we booked the room I told the lady that I was traveling with my wife and 3 kids and asked if the rooms where big enough.She ensured me that there was plenty of room. We got a pool view 2 queen room. That would of been nice if we got,but we ended up with 2 double bed room with a room view of a wall. The park was a joke,you can't do anything with out getting bumped into some of rudest people I've ever dealt with.The room was small and smelled,my oldest son had to sleep on the floor cause we was lied to about the room size and bedding. Contacted the desk and she said she can't do anything about it..I will not be going back there again. Spend the extra money and stay at a nicer place where your appreciated to their guest and the people aren't so rude..

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank jrtripp78
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests, and would have liked the opportunity to do that for you. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you reconsider and visit with us again.
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Booked one night with my three boys ages 9,11 & 13. Checked in two hours early with no issues on a Thursday. The room was fine sheets are clean ac was on room was cool. No microwave and later we find no little bottles of shampoo or conditioner that you would even find At a crappy motel...just a bar of soap and only two towels for four people! No blow dryer.... The first time I don't bring one but hey I can iron my bikini. The water park was good but ideal for younger kids since mine had done them all in 15 minutes. The staff was not as friendly as they should be but they are dealing with a high volume of people and many unsupervised kids running around. Everything is wet so be careful walking around pools. For the price it's a good mini vacation but definitely for the kids!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bonnie P
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. Regarding your guest room, each guest room is equipped with a mini-refrigerator, safe, iron and ironing board, coffee/tea maker, and hair dryer, we apologize if any of these amenities had been missing from your room and would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution to this during your stay with us. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you reconsider and visit with us again.