“affordable”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #212 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel 21/7/14 to 05/7/14 the rooms were clean but basic with tea/coffee maker and a small fridge there was also a flat screen tv, would have helped if room had a micro wave.
the water park was fantastic and suitable for all ages, hotel was situated in an ideal spot close to all amenities, was with my daughter who is 13 and my husband all in all thouroughly enjoyed our stay there, only down fall I asked for a pool view instead got a view of top of water park.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank smoothie102
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you and your family found our hotel to be a great time for the entire family, and in a great location. Regarding your poolside room request, we take all requests into consideration and all requests are subject to availability. We would have liked to have you placed in a hotel guest poolside room vs. at water park poolside room. We hope to be able to fulfill this request during your next visit with us at CoCo Key!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,850)

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My stay was amazing I had also stayed at the nickelodeon hotel before and this one beats nickelodeon for sure rooms are so clean water park is amazing they have 3 huge water slides for everyone of all ages they also have a toddler area an indoor pool and another separate pool on the other side you can be in the shade or in the sun enough chairs they open till 11 pm which is awesome and open at 11am the other pool opens at 8 and you can take things to the pool they don't tell you anything it was just amazing I would defiantly pick that over nickelodeon any day

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you found the hotel guest rooms to be very clean, the water park to be great fun, and the hotel guest pool to be a great time and great convenience. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests and we are very happy we were able to do that for you. We look forward to your next visit with us at CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I will not be going back..when we booked the room I told the lady that I was traveling with my wife and 3 kids and asked if the rooms where big enough.She ensured me that there was plenty of room. We got a pool view 2 queen room. That would of been nice if we got,but we ended up with 2 double bed room with a room view of a wall. The park was a joke,you can't do anything with out getting bumped into some of rudest people I've ever dealt with.The room was small and smelled,my oldest son had to sleep on the floor cause we was lied to about the room size and bedding. Contacted the desk and she said she can't do anything about it..I will not be going back there again. Spend the extra money and stay at a nicer place where your appreciated to their guest and the people aren't so rude..

2  Thank jrtripp78

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests, and would have liked the opportunity to do that for you. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you reconsider and visit with us again.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Booked one night with my three boys ages 9,11 & 13. Checked in two hours early with no issues on a Thursday. The room was fine sheets are clean ac was on room was cool. No microwave and later we find no little bottles of shampoo or conditioner that you would even find At a crappy motel...just a bar of soap and only two towels for four people! No blow dryer.... The first time I don't bring one but hey I can iron my bikini. The water park was good but ideal for younger kids since mine had done them all in 15 minutes. The staff was not as friendly as they should be but they are dealing with a high volume of people and many unsupervised kids running around. Everything is wet so be careful walking around pools. For the price it's a good mini vacation but definitely for the kids!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bonnie P

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. Regarding your guest room, each guest room is equipped with a mini-refrigerator, safe, iron and ironing board, coffee/tea maker, and hair dryer, we apologize if any of these amenities had been missing from your room and would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution to this during your stay with us. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you reconsider and visit with us again.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a budget hotel, as the price indicates, with a water park. We had a hiccup on our arrival but the staff were good to get it sorted (we used Avionics points to book). Rooms have been recently renovated - nicely appointed with basic amenities, small fridge and air-con.

The air on unit is inside the room, so noisy to sleep. Our second day we returned at 5:30pm and the room had not been serviced. We called for some fresh towels which were promptly delivered. Then the maids came and it seemed like an inconvenience to them to service the room - and we had to sign something to decline.

The pool has great lounges and sun beds and a tiki bar, and the water park is great.

The resort fee ($20 per day) covers pool & water park access, and wifi. If you with to get the shuttle to theme parks, book 2 days in advance, and be at the desk between 7:15am and noon!!

Close to many restaurants and things to do! So great location.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OzGirl19

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that your found our hotel guest pool, and water resort to be a great time. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay with us and would have liked to provide you with a solution regarding the air conditioner unit noise. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you decide to visit with us again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We went to Coco Key on Vacation from Aurora Colorado this summer and we had an amazing experience. We scheduled my nieces birthday party there and the staff was amazing. We got a private room which they decorated very nicely with Princess décor. It was beautiful!! The staff waited on us hand and foot which we were not use to it was so nice. They brought us our food and drinks and had a cake brought in that was excellent. Coco the Parrot came in to do a private meet and greet which we all took lots of pics and all 6 of the kiddos got a Coco parrot stuffed animal. The staff were all so nice and Friendly and were making sure that we had an amazing time. The waterpark was so much fun. It was perfect for all ages!! They have a kiddie pool area and a few big slides for bigger kiddos and adults. All around it was an excellent experiences and I would recommend everyone stops here and enjoys a day of fun!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashley P

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased you found your hotel stay, and your nieces birthday party to be a great family fun experience. We look forward to your next vacation to CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in family room with adjoining doors stayed from 7//14/14-7/16/14 we arrived to our room the heat was on in the one room nothing in the other smelled closed up/mildew dustyroom blinds dirty no outlets missing lught bulbs let all that go turned on the air off to water park we go I was told my 2yr old daughters swim ring which goes over her head like a shirt and straps between her legs not going to fall off that it was fine fir her to use in your resort which I consider a hotel she swam the whole time monday in her ring she had a blast considering she could only use the minow pool well next day im appriached saying not allowed I spike to mngr of lifeguards who had an attitude rolled her eyes etc.. so I asked fir a mngr I waited at the desk where u get armbands for 10 muns or longer for her to tell me sorry hes in a meeting use a life jacket I then had a mngr approach me a tall white male with broken english proceed to tell me she had to wear the life jacket then another mngr came out saying he was the mngr he explained again it was not alliwed in the pool I allowed him to put life jacket on my daughter all she could do was float on her back it was up under her chin pushing her head back she didnt want to swim for my inconvienence she was given a $20 arcade card ok thanks she doesnt want the arcade she wanted the pool so her visit was ruined alit of inconsistancy with staff no dry towels thank god webrought our own pool deck was slippery people falling left n right Iincluding my 6yr old cousin they would allow kids on slides one time then the next time they werent tall enough I was and am very upset with the whole hotel and staff lifeguards at pools were awesome for the amount of money we spent I didnt expect all the problems I took her to arcade with her $20 card half the games were nit working would jam up it was always a problem I asked the mngr for info on contacting cooprpate was informed I was then told it was privately owned so I asked how I could make sure this cimplaint was addressed and he said I will file cimplaint for u I said no I want to make sure this is addressed he said hed get me the info 30mins later no mngr or info sobi spoke to the rude lifeguard mngr again she rolled her eyes at me and was very rude and she went n git him he came to me with a piece if paper for me to write out the cimplaint and when I was done give it to him no contact info on this paper so I did not return it to him bcyz I felt like itd be tossed in the garbage so im hoping the person needing to read this we don't have alot of money and saved to be able to do this with our kids $535 for all this something needs to be done this really wasnt what I expected at all outsiders coming in big kids running through kiddie pool and rude lifeguard mngr she was tall she had short hair in pony tail she worked yesterday I wish I had taken all names!!!!! Very sad contact me @ 727-326-4081

3  Thank rednecktified
CoCoKeyOrl, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear rednecktified,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I so apologize for any challenges during your stay. The experience in your review is not one of our typical guest and I would like to speak to you further regarding your stay. Please contact me at your convenience.
Mary Cook