“Perfect Place For Family Fun on Vacation”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #212 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We went to Coco Key on Vacation from Aurora Colorado this summer and we had an amazing experience. We scheduled my nieces birthday party there and the staff was amazing. We got a private room which they decorated very nicely with Princess décor. It was beautiful!! The staff waited on us hand and foot which we were not use to it was so nice. They brought us our food and drinks and had a cake brought in that was excellent. Coco the Parrot came in to do a private meet and greet which we all took lots of pics and all 6 of the kiddos got a Coco parrot stuffed animal. The staff were all so nice and Friendly and were making sure that we had an amazing time. The waterpark was so much fun. It was perfect for all ages!! They have a kiddie pool area and a few big slides for bigger kiddos and adults. All around it was an excellent experiences and I would recommend everyone stops here and enjoys a day of fun!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashley P
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased you found your hotel stay, and your nieces birthday party to be a great family fun experience. We look forward to your next vacation to CoCo Key!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,850)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in family room with adjoining doors stayed from 7//14/14-7/16/14 we arrived to our room the heat was on in the one room nothing in the other smelled closed up/mildew dustyroom blinds dirty no outlets missing lught bulbs let all that go turned on the air off to water park we go I was told my 2yr old daughters swim ring which goes over her head like a shirt and straps between her legs not going to fall off that it was fine fir her to use in your resort which I consider a hotel she swam the whole time monday in her ring she had a blast considering she could only use the minow pool well next day im appriached saying not allowed I spike to mngr of lifeguards who had an attitude rolled her eyes etc.. so I asked fir a mngr I waited at the desk where u get armbands for 10 muns or longer for her to tell me sorry hes in a meeting use a life jacket I then had a mngr approach me a tall white male with broken english proceed to tell me she had to wear the life jacket then another mngr came out saying he was the mngr he explained again it was not alliwed in the pool I allowed him to put life jacket on my daughter all she could do was float on her back it was up under her chin pushing her head back she didnt want to swim for my inconvienence she was given a $20 arcade card ok thanks she doesnt want the arcade she wanted the pool so her visit was ruined alit of inconsistancy with staff no dry towels thank god webrought our own pool deck was slippery people falling left n right Iincluding my 6yr old cousin they would allow kids on slides one time then the next time they werent tall enough I was and am very upset with the whole hotel and staff lifeguards at pools were awesome for the amount of money we spent I didnt expect all the problems I took her to arcade with her $20 card half the games were nit working would jam up it was always a problem I asked the mngr for info on contacting cooprpate was informed I was then told it was privately owned so I asked how I could make sure this cimplaint was addressed and he said I will file cimplaint for u I said no I want to make sure this is addressed he said hed get me the info 30mins later no mngr or info sobi spoke to the rude lifeguard mngr again she rolled her eyes at me and was very rude and she went n git him he came to me with a piece if paper for me to write out the cimplaint and when I was done give it to him no contact info on this paper so I did not return it to him bcyz I felt like itd be tossed in the garbage so im hoping the person needing to read this we don't have alot of money and saved to be able to do this with our kids $535 for all this something needs to be done this really wasnt what I expected at all outsiders coming in big kids running through kiddie pool and rude lifeguard mngr she was tall she had short hair in pony tail she worked yesterday I wish I had taken all names!!!!! Very sad contact me @ 727-326-4081

3  Thank rednecktified
CoCoKeyOrl, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear rednecktified,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I so apologize for any challenges during your stay. The experience in your review is not one of our typical guest and I would like to speak to you further regarding your stay. Please contact me at your convenience.
321-206-4391

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I asked for a roll away bed and they said they had none and would put us on a list. They never delivered one (stayed 5 days). On 2 days I had to call to have the room made up. One day, it was cleaned at 9:30pm after 2 phone calls. I think the resort needs updating to say the least. Elevator's and public areas were dirty, lights in the room had burnt out bulbs, alarm clock was broken. Check in was very slow, over an hour, with no sense of urgency (observed lines every day). Another person in our party had to wait over 2 hours for the room to be ready. It was far from "better than expected". I would not recommend this resort nor would I consider returning. The majority of bad reviews on Trip Advisor are very accurate.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank John L

Dear John L,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for all the challenges during your stay. We provide a safe, fun, clean, family friendly experience. By being a resort that offers a water park we do have many guests stay with us during the summer months. We do try to accommodate all early check ins and we want each of our guests to feel that personal connection to the staff. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us the next time you are in Florida. If there is any assistance I may offer, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent service great place for family vacation love the tiki bar. Location is perfect to walk around...very friendly staff. Coming back soon.The water park for the kids is great.I think the only inconvenience was no microwave but I went down stair to the shop to used it.

Dear nan2000,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at CoCo Key. I was delighted to read that your family enjoyed their time here. I agree that location is perfect to many walking attractions in the area (and soon more to come.) I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to CoCo Key. Please email me directly the next time you are coming It would be my pleasure to assist you with any special requests (microwave, etc.)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Upon arrival me and my kids instant remark this is a ghetto motel not a hotel resort. We almost cancelled before checking in if not on a budget. Check in easy had poolside room...but it was lacting at a large boulder wall and right next to the ticket booth where all the "outsider" daypass people were congregated buying armbands for waterpark. Would have loved poolside to actually be "poolside".
Room outdated, smells, bathroom nasty smelling like shower curtain had bo, floor dirt in corners, bathroom ceiling short for us tall people had to duck for the ceiling not to code?!,

Air conditioner smelled like puke or mold or something. ....it was cold and couldnt turn it off but when turned thermostat up the heater automatically turns on . Ugh.

The waterpark should not be allowed outside daypasses. Overcrowded, teenage kids with swimming trunks hanging past butt crack like innercity ghetto gang style, lots of rude adults with kids acting a lot like them.

Waterslides were good, but nastiness of overcrowded pools ruined it.

Parking lot at night sketchy, people brought chairs outside their frontdoor hanging like they were at their own apartment hood drinking and smoking.

Will not go back do not recommend.

10  Thank jtowngirly

Dear jtowngirly,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We do provide a safe, clean, fun, family friendly environment. I am glad to know that you were able to enjoy the water park. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to CoCo Key. If there is anything I can be assistance with, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I went to this resort with my sister and her 2 children , ages 11 & 19. We arrived on May 29th and stayed until June 1st...I actually won the trip on a radio station contest. We arrived on a Thursday ,which was great. The pools were not crowded ,the lines were short for the water park slides and the restaurant had fresh food.On Friday,the crowds came .It was totally booked according to the manager.Then unfortunately , one of the transformers blew out on the street , the hotel lost electricity.Then the power went out up & down International Drive. The power was out in our hotel for at least 4 hours , alot of the crowd left because they could not check people in. The next morning ,the crowds were back.The pool was very crowded and not very clean.There was tons of hair in the adult pool.The lifeguards seemed very attentive.At one point the water park was closed and they seemed to be cleaning something out of one of the attractions and put it in a hazmat bag.There were several family reunions,birthday parties and a girl scout function going on.The place was so crowded that it took a long time to wait for food.In the pool area ,there were no towels left.I think the place is nice but it is better during the middle of the week and not the weekend.There is a pool in the front of the resort away from the water park ,which was less crowded but in direct sunlight,no shade .There is a free bus to Universal Orlando or any of the other attractions in the area.You can walk up & down International Drive and go to different places. We went to play Gator Golf which was cool. Mini golf with alligators around , you can feed them in one area and there is a show in the evening.

Room Tip: We had a room in building #9 , far away from International Drive , so no street noise. We had a room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kimodo23
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you found the hotel to be a great time during the week and have less crowds then other parks. We look forward to your next trip to Orlando and visit to CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

hi everybody,not even left Florida yet(sitting in airport lounge!) Coco Key was a great hotel,ideal for young children,safe,clean and lots of fun! Our room was cleaned every day,clean towels and im sure fresh bed linen every day! We didnt eatin the hotel as there was so many places to eat around the hotel! CHEAP! the hotel provide you with free i cart passes(small buses that run along International drive every 20 minutes!) The staff were friendly and helped with any queries we had! All in all a great location,20 mins from universal,5 mins from wet n wild and about an hour from disney! Had a fab time and sad to be going home! Met some lovely people in the hotel. PLease beware that they have severe storms around this time of yeear and the pool gets closed and you are asked to leave the pool. No complaints! Buy the coco key cups for $10 and you can refill your cup the whole holiday! well worth it!we had 4 on our trip 2 adults and 2 kids,its 2 large beds to share! please dont hesitate to contact me with any questions X ps the aqua park in the hotel is amazing!

Room Tip: room 7126 great room on ground,near shop and between 2 pools.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Melanie C

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased that you and your family had a great time with us at CoCo Key and that you found the hotel to be a great value, clean, and even more fun for everyone! We look forward to your next trip with us soon!