While it is far from upscale, the rooms are nicely remodeled from the normal "motel" look it has outside.
The water park is not huge but it's got enough stuff to keep the kids entertained for hours. If you want a table or even a chair to put your stuff on...Get there EARLY (as they open) or late (after 4pm.) Seats are extremely limited and the park gets packed early! People can buy day passes to the park even if they are not staying at the hotel.(There's lockers you can pay but they are just outside the water's perimeter.) It has a great covered area for small kids w/heated water that extends to an addt'l pool with 2 twist slides for teens/adults.
The room prices per night are reasonable (especially if you catch a sale) but no matter what you pay, there's a fee per person ($20) for the water park's unlimited access(1x fee not per day.)
If the Waterpark is not your "thing" they have a nice pool that is only for hotel guests with a waterfall, shaded loungers and bar. They also has a great/ big arcade room (Much bigger than the avg hotel) that is open late. There are games and activities through the day and a few choices of places to get something to eat or drink.
If all else fails, this hotel is in the heart of International Dr...you can walk, drive or ride the bus to any other attraction. (Dunkin Donuts is next door, 24 hr Mcdonald's & Go Carting place is in walking distance.)
If you are going to Orlando w/kids for a few days or not the type of family that has to be at the park all day or first thing in the morning, this may be a good option for you. The water park opens approx 10 am & closes around 5-7 (depending on the day of the week & season.)
It's not perfect either... We stayed 2x's & the first time (about a yr ago) our room was impecable & smelled great. The 2nd, not so much. It was clean, but had a particular smell & you could see the wear/tear on the bathroom tub, toilet & door.
- We kept in mind that any room is going to go thru wear/tear and (even at an expensive 4☆ hotel) things are inevitable such as the smell left by previous people, especially if these rooms are being booked 24/7.
Come with moderated expectations and you will see that for the value price, location, & kid amenities..it's a deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly hotel and water resort located near the major theme parks and shopping. Coco Key Hotel and Water Resort is Orlando's first canopy covered water park boasting fourteen flumes, featuring "The Boomerango," 60ft of thrill seeking adventure offering twists and turns until you splash into our heated outdoor pool. Coco Key offers a 6,000 sq.ft. arcade featuring over 50 of the newest and coolest video games and interactive gaming on the market today. Coco Key Hotel and Water Resort-Orlando offers 391 well appointed Guestrooms and Suites designed for your Orlando, Florida lodging needs. Amenities include free local calls, coffee/tea makers, self controlled air conditioning, 37" plasma televisions with ESPN, am/fm alarm clock radios. Additional amenities include complimentary transportation to Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Wet n' Wild, complimentary area shuttle, kids club and daily activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Key Hotel And Water Park Orlando
- Orlando Grand Hotel