“k.p and grandchildren”

Ranked #203 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Satsuma, Florida
“k.p and grandchildren”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

this is a very friendly oriented resort. for the young and old at heart. i enjoyed my time with my gransdchildren. this was there spring break and they really enjoyed themself at the water park and the arcade. thank you for the everlasting memories.

1 Thank kimberly p
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your spring break vacation with us. We are very pleased that you and your grandchildren had a great time at our resort, and that you found there was a lot of great things for the children to do. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all of our guests and we are so glad we were able to do that for you. We look forward to your next trip to CoCo Key!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Polish first
Hornell, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute choice for
Our family and we decided to stay here to extend our vacation a few days. Our whole family had a great time. The staff was excellent! Rooms were a tad small but were just fine. Rates were amazing also! Lots of fun and many things to do for everyone. Bar inside water park is an added perk for mommies and daddies.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jaMay02
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay. We are very pleased that you made the last minute decision to stay with us, and that you had a great time. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests and we are so happy we were able to do that for you and your family. We look forward to your next visit with us to CoCo Key Hotel & Water Resort.
Orlando
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at International Drive for the first time during this vacation. The first thing to note about Coco Key is its great location. It is really close to the Titanic Experience and the CSI the Experience. Wet and Wild is also just a couple of blocks away and there are many food places and easy access to the I-ride.

We booked a suite due to the size of our family. The rooms were beautiful and the beds were luxurious. We all slept well every night. We were not able to get a crib for the baby but we were able to use a playpen free of charge for the entire stay. The front desk staff, housekeeping staff and lifeguards were always warm, friendly and helpful.

Our room overlooked the pool and we had access to the waterpark and some paid activities. The waterpark was clean, inviting and most importantly, the water was heated in the kiddie areas. The water park was just the right size for my children - ages 10, 8 and 6. As they jumped from section to section, it was quite easy to move around. There were many lifeguards per water area and they were all very alert. We even witnessed a lifeguard save a toddler during our stay. We made many memories and out of the 4 hotels we stayed at during our visit, Coco Key stands out as the very BEST. They even have a spacious guest laundry. We did not have time to check out the arcade or the theme parks but the kids had a blast! Even the hotel pool was heated. Our room did not have a microwave but we were able to access one at the convenience store - free of charge too!

We don't travel every year but the next time we do, we know that Coco Key will definitely be one of the hotels we will stay at again! Thank you Coco Key for the memories!

4 Thank Gerrard K
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your first time stay with us at CoCo Key. We are very pleased to read that you and your family all had a wonderful time at our hotel and water park. We are also very pleased that you found our hotel rooms to be spacious and well accommodating for your large family. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests and we are very glad we were able to do that for you. We look forward to your 2nd time visit with us at CoCo Key!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at Coco Key 4/8-4/12 with my best friend and our two 8 year old children. We loved this hotel!

Check in went smoothly. Our flight arrived before the 4pm check in time, so our room was not ready yet. The girl at the counter let us store our 5 pieces of luggage with them behind the counter so that we could walk around International Drive while we waited for our room. I requested a tower room, as I heard they were the "nicer" rooms. They were able to accommodate my request and our room was ready before the 4pm check in time. We were already aware of the resort fee, so there was no surprise when we were asked to pay the fee upon check in. I paid the $50 incidental with cash, so as not to hold up any charges on my cards. This fee was promptly returned to me upon check out.

We stayed in room 6417. The room was big and the beds were super comfortable. There was plenty of space for the kids to play in the room. A huge bonus was that we could see the Disney Fireworks from our window every night! We did have an issue with our AC unit and our tub not draining but maintenance came up right away and fixed both for us and we didn't have any issues after. It seems that the wall thermostat didn't work for the AC unit, if you experience the same issue, we found that we could adjust the temp directly on the AC unit. There were "hidden buttons" in the grey area to adjust the temp up and down. There wasn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom, but that didn't seem to be much of a problem for us.

For daily maid service, you must request it from the front desk. The hotel is "going green" and will only accommodate daily service, if requested. We requested this and they did come daily and make up the beds. The sheets were not changed and one day they didn't replenish the towels, but a quick phone call down to the front desk and they were brought right up to our room.

We did eat at Tradewinds a few times during our stay. Once in the restaurant and once with room service. I will have to say, stay away from the Chicken Alfredo pasta from Pizza Hut on site. It was horrible. The pizza was great though. We also had chicken fingers, French fries, salad and grilled cheese which were all very good.

The waterpark was GREAT! The baby pool was closed for the day due to the fact that a child pooped in the pool. For health and safety reasons, I appreciate that they close it for the day to properly clean it. The bigger pool, splash pad play area and all slides were open and we all enjoyed them! The three big slides were so much fun! We spent an entire day here. The kids participated in a scavenger hunt and were rewarded with arcade cards.

The staff at this hotel are great! Very polite and friendly. The lifeguards were very alert and constantly watching. A+ staff!

TRANSPORTATION!!!
Beware of taxi's trying to rip you off!! We had a driver take us to Magic Kingdom and charge us $58. I knew this was way too much and called the company directly while we were still in the cab. The cab company tracked his route and made him adjust the fair to $32. I was furious that someone would be so dishonest.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL BY TAXI, CALL HARRY (407) 558-7299. He was so helpful and honest. He drove us to Universal, at a cost of $12. He also drove us from the hotel to the airport at the end of our trip for $40. He was full of information, very nice and gave us tons of good advice. I recommend him highly, he is very honest and nice!

We took the Lynx bus from Magic Kingdom back to the hotel one night which would have been a great, cheap option... You would take the 50 to SeaWorld and transfer to the 8. Don't forget to have the driver give you a transfer! It is only $2 to do this option to Magic Kingdom! However the bus ran late and it was so late that we just took a cab from the Seaworl transfer point back to CoCo Key ($8)

The Trolley was a lot of fun and so cute. The kids loved this. We took this down to the Outlets! The outlets had more stores than I could imagine visiting in one day. I was able to get some great deals!

Room Tip: Ask for tower rooms, Ask for maid service daily, Room 6417 had a view of Disney fireworks daily!
7 Thank Leah0715
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us! We are very pleased that you and your family had a great time with us at CoCo Key! We are also very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating, and our guest rooms to be very spacious and comfortable. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests, and we are very happy we were able to do that for you! We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!
SPRING HILL
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am sorry but after reading so many wonderful reviews about Coco Key I was not expecting what we encountered From the moment we checked in to the time we left it was nothing short of a disaster. Our room we booked 2 queen deluxe poolside we received a king looking at a rock wall by the water park for 4 people Our room could not be changed because the hotel was booked to capacity The room was dirty and smelled like cigarette smoke and mold when we looked further there were used cups on the sink and personnel items in the room The bathroom had hair and used soap in it and as we found out the toilet didn't flush At this point we went to use the water park turning down the AC when we returned at 7PM our room was sweltering hot still and the AC unit was making a horrible noise we went to the front desk about these problems and was told maintenance might be able to look into over the weekend. We went out for dinner and the carnival when we returned again the room had not cooled off and windows could not be opened which was a good thing because the music was still playing at the bar when we turned down the bed and opened our sleeper sofa the bed had a family of spiders under the covers and no bedding on or in the room for the sofa needless to say we checked out immediately. and went to another hotel in the area where we were treated like family given upgrades on our room and extras of anything we needed

Room Tip: make sure not to ask for a room with a pool view or near the water park
13 Thank KRISTOPHER P
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We apologize that we were not able to provide you with a solution during. We pride ourselves in providing the best experience possible for all our guests and would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may provide you with a solution. We hope you reconsider and stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is my first ever review on anything- but I felt compelled to write- the main reason for this review is to THANK Yoyo for being on top of her duties as the lifeguard on the slide. I went down the orange and blue side first. My 4 year old was tall enough for it but by no means, should she EVER of gone down it. I was half way down the slide thinking to myself "This slide is going to ruin our trip, my daughter is going to FREAK out". I come out at the bottom flailing my arms and legs looking up and see Yoyo who hadn't sent my daughter down the slide. I signal HELL NO to her and she brought my daughter back down to me. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being on top of your job and paying attention. Our trip would of bee ruined had you not paid attention.
So while I am here I will give you the feedback on the rest of the trip. We live in Tampa and I . have been hearing so much about this place. I figured, why not head over early and use the park all day? I knew we couldn't check in until 4 but that was okay. And we did just that except they called me about noon to tell me the room was ready- Bonus! (I have a 1 year old that needed to nap).
The park was pretty awesome- better than I anticipated. The bathrooms- clean as a whistle. I took every opportunity to tell any cleaning staff that I saw what a wonderful job they are doing and how hard I know it is to keep a place like this clean. I LOVED the heated pools inside the overhang. My daughter is a redhead- and I was worried about too much sun and she was fine.
There was a new female bartender- I asked her how her Bloody Mary skills were and she said good. I hear that all the time and am always disappointed. Hers did NOT disappoint. It was awesome!
After dinner off of the property (There is a Chuck E Cheese right across the street- my kids were in heaven!) we came home about 8 to shower and do bed routine. This was the first time the 1 year old was not in a crib. I put the 2 girls on the pullout couch. It was perfect! We were in a room next to the stairwell. The door kept opening and slamming and opening and slamming. Guests (and this is NO fault to the hotel) kept going in the stairwell to smoke. Fine- I get it- but the damn door was open and closed - I would guess 100 times. I couldn't take it any more so about 1030 we packed up and headed back home.
This was NO fault to the hotel or the staff but the kids were over tired, I was over tired- it was just easier to go home.
Overall, it was an awesome experience. My 4 year old just came over and saw me typing this review and said is that the place we were just at- I wish I could live there. So a hit w. the kids.
I cant comment enough on how clean it was.
Thank you for running a tight ship Coco Key-

Room Tip: I would say to request away from the stairwell! ;)
2 Thank MomfromTampa
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us! We are very pleased that you found YoYo to be so helpful and on attentive to your children's safety in the water park. We are also very pleased that you shared your fist time review with us at CoCo Key. We were happy to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your trip with us. We pride ourselves in providing each of our guests with the best experience possible, and we are so happy we were able to do that for you. We look forward to your next visit to CoCo Key Hotel & Water Resort-Orlando.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This resort was great. My family enjoyed all the amenities that were offered. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. The water park was very good and we never wanted to leave the resort. Will definitely be planning my next stay in Orlando here.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We are very happy to read that you found our hotel and water resort to be a great time for the entire family. We are also very pleased that you found our guest rooms to be comfortable and clean. We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!