“Great hotel for young children”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #205 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Alabama
“Great hotel for young children”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My boys are 14 and 16,the water park was more geared for younger children although they did visit it a little.Rooms were clean and staff super friendly.We enjoyed the cabana bar and pool tables outside.Water park did close to early about 7:00 in march,so the pools did get really crowded because on vacation most kids seem to stay up till about 10:00.

Room Tip: If you want to get to sleep early you may not want a pool view room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Hello 4gottago,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Polish first
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

After reading the reviews a few months back we decided to stay here and wait for other family to fly in from around the US. First we had to wait about 3 hours for our room to be ready. Was worried about my car being broken in to. Staff did not seem to loop about wait times for our rooms. We wanted to connecting rooms and got a room that connected to others but none in our party. When we finally got into our room the bathroom door in one room wouldn't close. If you were not listening to the traffic on the road you were listening to people yelling at all hours. After about 5 minutes in the room our socks were black from dirt in the carpet. Definitely not clean, Would not and will not stay here again. I have stayed in cleaner places in a war zone.

Room Tip: Never got a good room. Don't know if there are any. Maybe after a complete renovation a good roo...
7 Thank quikone2
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. Regarding your room rate, we apologize for your wait, and assure you that all of our staff is knowledgeable on wait times for rooms and when the next room will be ready. Again we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Positives include water park on site, restaurants on site, great location on International Drive, and reasonable room rates. The only negative would be a noisy air conditioner. My 4 and 8 year old absolutely loved the water park, but be sure to bring your own beach towel to dry off with because the towels provided by the hotel out at the water park are small (between the size of a dish towel and a bath towel). We ate lunch at the water park a couple of times by ordering pizza from the on site Pizza Hut and that was convenient. . The hotel is about 1.5 miles from Universal, 4 miles from SeaWorld, and about 7.5 miles from Disney World. We went to Disney andSeaWorld and got to both locations quickly (we drove our car to the parks and did not ride the available shuttle due to the number of stops the shuttle has to make). We stayed on the interstate side of the hotel and you can hear the interstate traffic, but you can turn the air conditioner fan on to drowned it out. It was fairly cool when we stayed here (03/23-03/28), but when we did have to actually turn on the air conditioner unit, there was an annoying vibrating sound that would wake us up. We had to lean a chair up against the unit to keep it from making this noise. Outside of that, we really have no major complaints. The rooms are good sized rooms and they were clean. We made use of the mini-frig keeping our drinks cold. We did not have a microwave nor did we need one. We would stay here again.

Hello CoachBlake,

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2014

When we arrived, we found the hotel to be located in a more "tourist trap" type neighborhood. It seemed a little sketchy and I was kind of concerned about safety. We went inside to check in, and had to wait about 20 minutes to get through the checkin line. I noticed that there were a lot of people upset. While in line, I took a moment to look around the lobby. While there were lots of bright colors, it didn't seem very clean, and was a little dingy. Kind of tacky, to be honest. The atmosphere was full of crying children, frustrated adults, and lackluster staff. When we got to the front of the line, we were told that even though checkin time was at 4:00pm and our arrival was at 6:30pm, there were no clean rooms. "What are we supposed to do?" I asked. I was told to just "hang out" and they would call me when the room was ready. Did they have an estimated time for when they would call? No. We were told that we could use the waterpark until our room was ready, but we didn't want to just leave all of our belongings in the car. At this point, I called the company that we booked the hotel through, and they arranged to get us a full refund from CoCo Key and booked us in a different hotel, which we were much happier with.

7 Thank Lexie A
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello Lexie A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I truly hate "resort fees". They are upfront about it but I think that it's only when you see where your money has gone you realize that you overpaid for something. Spent two nights here before spring break. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Room had funny smell that cleared somewhat once fan/air conditioner turned on, otherwise room was clean. Very close, within walking distance, to everything, which also means there is a lot of traffic during rush times but no noticeable noise at night. Stay included 4 tickets to waterpark, but as said earlier there is a resort fee which was more than the tickets themselves. Since the water park hours are from 11am - 7pm you may find yourself at one of the theme parks instead of enjoying their waterpark. One day they were closed for a few hours for an event, looked like a field trip. Pool was nice and clean and wonderfully heated. There is a fridge in the room and a microwave in the onsite store to warm up your leftovers. Would recommend to families that would be spending a lot of time at the hotel, in the waterpark or doing other activites, otherwise not worth the resort fee.

Hello venusrn,

Mount Vernon, Alabama
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I recently visited Coco Key Hotel and Resort for 4 nights, and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The janitorial staff made sure the rooms were clean throughout our entire stay. The front desk staff was also very helpful and friendly. They went out of there way to make sure we were satisfied with everything. The water resort was fun for the kids and also for myself. They had plenty of lifeguards on staff to ensure safety. My overall stay at Coco Key was wonderful and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ajrandol
CoCoKeyOrl, Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2015
Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased that we were able to make your stay at CoCo Key Awesome!!!! We hope to have you visit with us again during your next trip to Orlando!
Chicago
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Recently stayed at the resort and had such a great experience! From the check in, to the rooms, to the restaurant staff and the Lifeguards. Awesome week with the family! We had rooms in the tall building and everything was perfect. The breakfast staff was very attentive to our needs and the Waterpark was enjoyed by our boys. The lifeguards never stopped watching the pools- very nice work! Had an awesome vacation thanks to the staff here! Couldn't be happier!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sweethomechi
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad you had a great time with us, and that you found the hotel to be in a great location and have great staff! We look forward to having you visit with us again!