“"Very Impressed"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #191 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Melbourne, Florida
“"Very Impressed"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've been lucky enough to stay here several times now and each time it exceeded my expectations! A great location, staff is very friendly, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. From the moment you arrive until departure, you are made to feel very special. It is a bit pricey but you really do get what you pay for. I really can't fault anything about the hotel & resort, I really have to say, this is not only the best Resort on International Drive, but by far the best place to stay in Orlando! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: "Rooms overlooking water park are fantastic
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Hello GLEN R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at CoCo key during the holidays with some friends from out of town in order to visit some local attractions and I was pleasantly surprised with how accommodating the staff and management were to us throughout our stay. The staff was awesome and everyone was very personable and engaging to all guests we encountered in the Park and in the lobby. We dealt mainly with Andrew who was awesome and made the whole experience easier when we had a mixup at the front desk with our check in status. We will definitely be back and recommend others to visit as well

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hello TylerF454,

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited coco key in august 2013 I traveled with my partner and son. Right from check in to check out the staff were very friendly our room was clean and spacious. There was one member of staff who was particularly helpful and friendly his name was Youness (not sure how to spell it) he would go out of the way to help us. My son is 5 and in a wheelchair due to having cerebral palsy and youness made us all feel welcome and particularly my son. He got down to his level and spoke to him about football (soccer) my son favorite subject and really made a good impression on us all. My son still speaks of him often.
When ever we needed a cab the hotel made sure that a properly equipped cab was sent and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.
We would recommend this place to anyone who wishes to go to orlando. and will make sure when we travel from the uk to florida again that we book in to stay at coco key

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello elizabeth p,

Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Myself, my wife and our three young children decided to spend a Saturday night over here. The hotel was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. The room was much larger thank anticipated! The hotel was within walking distance to fun places for the kids and plenty of food directly around the site.

The water park-my kids loved the water park here! It was small, but very comfortable and clean. They had a blast. The only drawback was that the park (on this particular day) closed at 5pm. I wasn't aware of that when I booked the room since we weren't arriving until 4pm (check in time) so they would only get an hour to play since we were checking out the next morning to take them to Disney World. We managed to get there about 3:30 so they got to squeeze in an hour and a half but it would have been nice if they were open longer. Also, some days of the week in winter they aren't open at all so make sure you check first.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sendsilk
Hello sendsilk,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights, we both loved it!! It's kind of close to the attractions (disney about 15 mins away) and also they provide you with free shuttle to universal studios which is about 10 mins or less away from the resort. The indoor water park is amazing and all of the pools are heated. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to families. The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms nice and clean ANDDDD, they even fold your clothes for you!! :) I LOVE it!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ladyeash88
Hello Ladyeash88,

florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We arrived very late Friday night, around 11pm. We called ahead to let them know we were running late, but the said not to worry and that we could check in as late as 1am. The young lady at the desk was polite, friendly and checked us in very quickly.

We'd reserved a king bed for my wife and I with a pull out couch for the kids. The room was the largest non-suite hotel room we'd ever stayed in! The couch had some frayed fabric on the skirt, but the room was clean, smelled nice, and the carpet felt clean, dry and comfortable to walk on. There were enough pillows (5) for all of us arranged on the bed with an additional in the closet with some sheets for the pullout couch. The room was already comfortable when we arrived, but we tested the A/C, which worked great. At that point we realized they hadn't stocked the room with a blanket for the pull out couch, so we called down at 11:30 and asked if we could come down to get a blanket. They told us one would be sent up. This is my only real complaint about our stay. We waited until 1am for someone to arrive with a blanket, but no one came. I called for the next 15 minutes, but no one answered the phone. The kids made due for the night, and we left a note for housekeeping, asking them to bring one when the room was serviced the next day. When we returned to the room around 4pm, the room had been cleaned, our note for a blanket moved from the bed to the dresser, but no blanket again. After another call to guest services, a blanket was promptly delivered. This was the only real black mark of our visit. The exhaust fan in the bath vibrated the entire wall, but it was liveable.

The onsite breakfast buffet wasn't terribly expensive (a little over $30 for 4 people) and the food and staff made it a pleasant experience. It was chilly and rained all day, but the hotel pool and the covered portion of the water park have heated water, so the kids splashed away while we enjoyed a surprisingly good cup of coffee from the breakfast buffet, and chatted with some of the hotel staff.

We ate lunch and dinner offsite, but both me and my wife noticed how clean and well maintained the property was. Granted, this is the off season, we the facility was FAR from capacity, but we definitely weren't complaining. We spent an hour or so in the arcade playing video games, air hockey and candle pin bowling. The arcade was modern and as clean as the rest of the property. However, It was rarely staffed, so if you kids require supervision, you'll have to provide that yourself. We were in there about 4-5 times over our entire stay, and had to call workers in to exchange tickets for goodies.

Sunday brought back the sun, and the outdoor water park was opened promptly at 11am. We had a blast sliding and splashing. There were many staff lifeguards placed through out the park, and they were very attentive to their responsibility. They were ALL fairly young, but no one was talking, slacking or screwing around on their phones. It was nice to see that they took their jobs seriously. The covered deck was very slippery due to some treatment that was applied over night but the staff did everything they could to keep the area dry and warn people to walk and take care.

For the price ($230 for 2 nights, taxes, fees, and resort fees including the water park) we're thrilled with our stay and will definitely be back to stay @ Coco Key!

Room Tip: The 5 story tower is centrally located on the property, very quiet, and has the nicest and largest r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bmcooper21
Hello bmcooper21,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean and the beds were comfortable! And also it was in a good area. We were very pleased with the place and had a great time there. The price for the room was also great. We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed January 2014