“great family fun place”

Ranked #205 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Brampton, Canada
“great family fun place”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I took my kids and grand kids to the Coco Key in December 2013. The Coco is a fantastic place for the family. The water park is just the best. My grand kids are 2 and 8 and we could not keep them away from the water park. The rooms were what you would expect for a family resort, they are clean and neat, however they are a little small. There is a little wear and tear, but nothing to deter you from going the Coco. Check in was little slow as we arrived late and there was only one person working the desk. Bottom line, a great resort for the family, fun and all the amenities, and great location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jimi m
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Hello jimi m,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I already listed it, please refer to my prev email where I went in depth about the bugs, low a/c unit, bed bug bite. Gym hour being misleading. And not enough amenities

7 Thank J T
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello J T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We choose CoCo key because of the price, reviews, amenities, and pictures of the room's cleanliness. None of these expectations were met. We were welcomed to roaches in the bathroom. The A/C unit was very loud as if it was broken. Lights had to be on to charge your cellphones (or any other device), if using the outlet, which made it an inconvenience if trying to sleep. I noticed really small-like bugs walking on the desk from time to time. The amenities were so sparse (e. g one-time use lotion and one-time use shampoo). Even after the cleaning crew came the next morning they still never replenished those two items. The bed was okay until my spouse noticed she was covered in bed bug bites. She is also the type to get up around 4a or 5a to work out and to our surprise the gym was locked. They were gracious enough to let us use it, but on our last day we tried to use it and they were very adamant they were not unlocking the door. We felt because it was our last day, there were no longer a need to accommodate us. Needless to say we ended up checking out 5 hours early. This was one of the worst experiences I have had while vacationing. On the flip side the showers are really nice and hot. Pressure is just right but I had better times at Days Inn and for less the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J T
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please email us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

After reading reviews on several sites, I was skeptical but booked anyway. Initially I scheduled 3 nights here and 2 nights at another hotel. Super friendly helpful staff and a spacious room helped me make the decision to cancel the other accomodations and stay the entire time here. When we couldn't get the ac in room to work, the front desk responded immediately with a technician who showed us how to work it (user error). We requested a cot and although it wasn't available the first night, we had it the remainder of our stay. The boys loved the water park and I loved the number of life guards on duty. Several nights we walked to dinner rather than getting our rental out in the crazy traffic on International Drive. I was up in the overnight hours since I work nights and I felt safe leaving husband and boys to sleep while I took computer outside to utilize the free wifi.

• Stayed January 2014
Hello Cdkkmill,

Stuart, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I cannot say enough what a great time we had on our recent visit to Coco Key Resort. My stepsons were flying out to Michigan and temperatures well below zero, so we decided to head to Orlando a day early and I found this hotel through Groupon and it looked perfect. Well it was! The room was adequate and clean but this hotel is not about the room - it is about the amenities. There is a 6000 square foot arcade and a water park - a big water park - built right into the hotel. There was a bar area right near the water park so my husband and I could enjoy a tasty beverage while the kids had a BLAST in the park. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. I have already made reservations for when the boys return for Spring Break. If you have young children and want an affordable and fun alternative to the overpriced park resorts - this is the perfect place!

Room Tip: There is a bit of a premium to get a room right on the pool. We did not mind being on the outer sid...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DonnaEChrisF
Hello DonnaEChrisF,

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family loved the waterpark. There is plenty to do for all ages and is a great distraction after a long day at the parks. The hotel, however, is definitely nothing special. The rooms are tiny and not in the best condition. The beds are very clean and comfortable, but things in the room are broken, shower curtains falling down, etc. The little things are not paid attention to - tiny threadbare towels, broken televisions, etc. If you are going to spend all of your time at the parks and the room is not important to you, then this hotel is fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RCJ820
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We are very pleased that you had a great time at our Water Park. Regarding our Guestrooms, each guest room has been recently renovated and installed with all new eco-friendly air conditioning units. We apologize for any other inconvenience you may have experience while staying with us. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please contact us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope you reconsider and stay with us again soon.
london
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 11 nights...accomodation very comfortable....very clean resort...friendly and helpful staff..only drawback is the resort fee as son only used waterpark twice and we dont drive...we had universal flexi ticket...only 10 min walk to wet n wild...25 min walk to universal island, citiwalk and studios...to get to seaworld or aquatica get the i ride south..or no 8 and 50 lynx bus....to get to disney you will need your own transport or pay for cab (but this will be expensive)....plenty of places to eat along i drive...perkins is recommended...resort have two restaurants on site tradewinds and pizza hut...do visit ripleys...wonderworks...titanic..csi and the body...these are excellent little attractions...overall lovely stay...if we return to orlando in near future we will stay here again...oh not forgetting...worth visiting blue man group show...can get tickets by kiosk opposite pool entrance

• Stayed January 2014