“Great water park, old rooms, horrible service!”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #202 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Kingston,TN
“Great water park, old rooms, horrible service!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Where do I start? Just got back from a 3 night stay with my family. We stayed 5 nights at disney so maybe that affected my outlook on this hotel. First of all let me say that the water park is great and my kids loved it. As far as the rooms go, this an old hotel and the rooms have been remodeled to look really nice. In the three days that we were there we never got any maid service, there was a spider in our bed when we turned down the sheets, a cockroach crawling up the wall, no soap, shower drain did not drain at all, room smelled like mildew, air did not work well at all. I went to the front desk and spoke to a girl at the desk and she was kinda rude and golf me that all I had to do was tell them and they would fix everything! So we went to universal for the day and came back around 5:00 and nothing on the list had been done. I called and asked for the supervisor and was brought some towels , soap and they took our trash. Upon arriving home I checked my credit card and it looks like they screwed up and charged my in laws bill to my credit card. I am really not looking forward to dealing with anyone from this hotel. It is apparent that customer service is not a priority of theirs! Only stay for the water park.

4 Thank gcollier
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback. We apologize for an inconvenience you may have experience while staying at our property. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our guestrooms and housekeeping, each room is cleaned and resupplied everyday throughout the day to help maintain a great guest experience. It is important to CoCo Key that each of our guests has a great experience while staying with us. Again, we apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us; we would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please email us at 'comments@cocokeyorlando.com' so that we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you reconsider and decide to visit our hotel and water park again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Polish first
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place is awesome! The rooms were exceptionally clean with very little to No noise drifting into our room from the other rooms or surrounding areas. The grounds are continually supervised by CoCo Keys staff. Very safe place to stay! Everything in and around the property is super clean! The staff is over-the-top friendly and acknowledges you every time they see you. The little on-site store is great for picking up items you need last minute. We loved staying there with two 12 year old kids. Movies at the pool in the evening was an added treat! The outdoor fireplace was beautiful and relaxing to watch as we sat in the hot tub. Very nice place, would definitely recommend this site to any family considering a stay in Orlando!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are very convenient. Ask for a pool-side room!
1 Thank EllenCSmith
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Hello EllenCSmith,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stay with this hotel every time we go to Orlando. It's perfect in the event the day is rainy or you get too hot at the park or you are just don't feel like dealing with crowds. A good majority of the waterpark is covered and right next to the arcade and the restaurant. The swimming pool is open even after the waterpark closes. The only thing I would change, is the time that the water park closes. When we stayed, the water park was closing at like 5 pm and by the time we got back from the parks, we didn't get to play at the water park. Makes for an upset 5 year old! lol We still had a blast and continue to stay there every time we go. This is the first place we stayed and we've never had a desire to go to another hotel. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are updated, fun, and clean, pillows are fluffy, and there's nothing bad to say about this place. Staff is fun and entertaining and they have amazing activities for the kids at the pool, although it is more focused towards the older kids.

Still, GREAT PLACE!! LOVE IT!!! 5 Stars or Circles or whatever!!!

Room Tip: if you plan on staying at the parks all day, get a room near the pool. If you're only going to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sunbabies2002
Hello sunbabies2002,

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service was excessively polite, and the place was far better than I originally thought. I only stayed for the hotel, did not use the water park, but it was very clean and quiet. I recommend this place.

Room Tip: I didn't choose a room facing the pool so I didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello AndrewCapone,

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I took our 13 year old grandsons for our annual get away. I was wondering if the facility looked like the website and I wasn't disappointed. Check in was a breeze. We arrived a little early and the room was ready. We decided to get the family suite, it is the only way to go with two teenagers. My wife and I could enjoy some quite time while the boys enjoyed the water park, pool and game room. Our grandsons talked us into going down the slides, I haven't had that much fun in years.
We were able to buy fresh Krispy Kreme donuts and milk at the grab n go. We ordered Pizza Hut pizza from the grill. We didn't have to go anywhere, everything was there. We were close enough to walk to other restaurants amusements.
The facility was clean and the grounds were beautifully kept. We will be returning in the very near future.

Room Tip: Building 4 is close to the pool. We had two room, one was on the parking side while the connecting r...
Hello Earl D,

Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Myself and my husband took our 3 year old granddaughter on holiday and from checking into this hotel everyone was very friendly, knowledgable and polite, all the staff we met were chatty and hard working. The rooms were cleaned every day to a good standard with clean,fresh towels and clean sheets every 3 days. The location on International Drive is perfect for all the restaurants and entertainment and there is a free bus to Universal each day, you just need to get a ticket from the reception area and its only a 20 minute drive to Disney World. The waterpark is very good although its not open late out of the summer season and very busy on a weekend, we used the ordinary pool which was lovely to relax in after a long day around the theme parks and was open till 10pm. The shop onsite was overpriced but you can get everything you want on International Drive, there is ample parking and an i trolley stop right outside the hotel. There was only one problem in this hotel, the air conditioning units are very noisy but you are so tired on a night you just falk straight to sleep in tge very comfy beds. I would recommend families to stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 6, this was a taller block in the middle of the complex and was very quiet.
Hello mrboff,

Southampton
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We arrived at this hotel and it looks exactly like it does in the pictures. The staff at check in were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the big block in the middle of the resort, I think our room was above the shop but it was so quiet!

The room was lovely, really large with 2 big beds, bedding and towels were changed every day, they also supply shampoo and soap, and also little tubes of skin moisturiser. There is a fridge, hair dryer, iron, coffee maker and safe in the room. Free ac too.

The water park is huge, and there are lots of lifeguards on duty! There is also a separate uncover pool in case you get too hot and want to cool off.

Free wifi in the resort and computers in the lobby however they are a little bit slow but do the job. The hotel is right in the middle of International Drive which is handy to get to Disney and other parks. A taxi to Disney is approx $35-40, but if you get the I-Ride from out side the hotel to the Renaissance Hotel then a Lynx no 50 it will only cost you $3.50, but will take approx 1 1/2 hours opposed to 20 minutes.

Walmart is 10 minutes away on Turkey Lake Road, about $10 taxi ride. Lots of decent places to eat, try the Tilted Kilt for dinner and IHOP for breakfast.

Hopefully we will return to this hotel, it was brilliant!

Room Tip: Ask for the tall building, as other rooms are near the waterpark and walkways.
Hello kellyandkk,