“Best vacation ever”

Ranked #205 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Southington, Connecticut
“Best vacation ever”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed at Coco Key Hotel for 8 days with my 9 year old and couldn't have asked for a better time (she said it was the "BEST VACATION EVER" and I agree). Hotel was clean, staff was super friendly, courteous and helpful. We were always greeted by them with a warm smile and they went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed. Andy, the Manager, was very attentive as well. My daughter LOVED the water park and preferred the relaxing/fun atmosphere over the Disney parks. Definitely plan on returning during our next vacation and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great time.

1 Thank Jennifer L
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Hello Jennifer L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautiful, massive hotel with lots of activities. Mini fridge, flat screen tv, very clean.
Booked room only - should have booked self catering for breakfast and evening.
10 minutes drive to Universal and 15 minutes drive to Disney.
Right in the centre of shops etc.
Water park was great! Refreshing in the heat and slides were scary!
Pool had loungers and curtained, private lounge areas.
Outdoor, heated jacuzzi.
Witnessed lots of lizards, squirrels and a possum!
On the first night, after a 9 hour flight, we arrived to find a room with 2 double beds. The Thomson rep was very rude and even suggested that as it is ok in America for brothers and sisters to share beds, I should think so too! Not with a 17 year old boy and a 12 year old girl!! The woman on the desk was more than helpful, did more to help than the rep she phoned on our behalf. We did get the rooms changed but not til morning which added to our tiredness as wee all topped and tailed it.
Perhaps booking 2 rooms would have been better as we felt very cramped after 2 weeks (3 adults and a child basically in one bedroom - no sitting area)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello JackieGerrard,

Ticehurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Fun family friendly hotel with good service and facilities including free wifi. Although you had to register for wifi access every 24 hours (kind of odd!). Also environmentally aware too - guests had option to have linens changed every 3 days to save on water and washing. Rooms were cleaned every day. On arrival there was a fabulous origami style elephant made from flannels on the bed!

The water park was well maintained and attended by lifeguards as was the pool. Quick snacks and drinks by the pool is handy too.

As we only stayed for 7 nights we ran out of time and wanted to make the most of our last day by going to the water park in the morning but unfortunately it did not open until 11am the checking out time, a bit disappointing as the main pool opened at 8am.

Breakfast was quite expensive for what it was - a buffet with hot and cold options including cereals.

The room we had was spacious but that might have been because it was a disabled room so can't comment on a standard room that sleeps 4.

The air conditioning is very noisy and we had to switch it off at night to get some sleep.

The hotel is in a perfect location for Universal, Seaworld, Aquatica but I would recommend hiring a car as you save so much time from shuttle buses, these often pick up / drop off at multiple resorts and multiple parks and can take an hour to get anywhere where many of the parks are only minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor on pool side - less light comes into the room from street lamps at night. You will...
Hello Lin W,

Gainesville, FL
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and 8 month old son just stayed at CoCo Key Hotel for a small family reunion. Everyone had a blast! My young son was able to splash in the water without anyone getting too rowdy, my 5 year old nephew did all of the slides and played in the water, and the adults had a blast on the slides! The pool area was very clean and kept up. The customer service was stellar as well. Any time I walked with my carriage someone made sure to open the door for me and help me through. Andy, the hotel customer service manager, was such a huge help. He assisted in getting us all settled, told us about the different things to do at the park and even brought us towels when he noticed we didn't have any.

The rooms were spacious, clean and had a new feel to them.

Thank you to the wonderful staff at CoCo Key for making our stay so fun. We will definitely be back!

2 Thank linkette
Hello linkette,

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Good location as its right on international drive and there are three international drive shuttle bus stops within walking distance. The rooms were pretty basic but we did have the problem of a noisy air conditioning do we had to turn it off during the night.

• Stayed April 2013
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello Showjumper007,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392
Alachua
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We love to shop and we love the theme parks so this hotel property has the perfect location. Huge, quiet rooms, fridge and friendly staff. Comfortable beds and nice linens. Rooms are up to date with a metro style. Free parking.
The Water Park has something for the whole family. Very clean. Life guards on duty. They even have a shaded area for kids.
Game room and restaurant where you will find affordable meals. Nice store where you can buy snacks and sandwiches.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the tower the most. Adults will like the large quiet pool in the front of the...
1 Thank Trish W
Hello Trish U,

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel rooms were clean and in great shape. The staff was friendly and helpful. However the waterpark portion was overcrowded and absolutely smelled of poop and pee, especially the inside portion. would return to the hotel but not the water park.
Excellent location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced while visiting our hotel and water resort. Regarding our water park, the water park and property are cleaned throughout the day everyday to ensure that it is clean and safe for all our guest use. We are very pleased you found our hotel guest rooms to be very clean and nice and our staff to be very helpful and accommodating. We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you decide to visit and stay with us at CoCo Key again soon!