“coco key hotel”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Took my grandsons 11 and 5 years old. They had a fantastic time with all the water activity keep them busy for hours. The staff was very cheerful and helpful. Would recommend to anyone living or visiting in the area. Much less crowded than the theme parks and just as much fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be clean, fun, and a great time for your grandchildren! We are also very pleased that you found our hotel to be less crowded as other theme parks and just as much fun! We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next “stay-cation” at CoCo Key!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,889)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter and I took my husband and 6 year old grandson for a mini vacation. I had a few problems with the reservation but after speaking with a manager (Ryan) he quickly solved my problems. My biggest complaint is when we arrived I was told they charge an additional $50.00 deposit (refundable) even though we were using a credit card. This should be told to you when you reserve room. When I told clerk she said it was on my paper work if I reserved on line. I pulled out the paper work that was sent to my e-mail and there was NOTHING about it.This is an older hotel that has been redecorated. They have done a nice job and the biggest thing is they were very clean. We had a really good time at the water park. My only complaint with the water park is I was constantly watching kids fall. It is very slippery. I almost fell a few times. The life guards are everywhere and very attentive. The pools and hot tub have lifts for people in wheel chairs. We had the pizza,hot dog and fries at the grill all were very good. All employees were friendly. We ate breakfast at Golden Corral just down the road (walking distance) as it was half the price as the hotels buffet.Yes, I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be clean, fun, and a great time for your grandchild! We have shared your additional concerns with the proper departments to see that they are taken care of. We pride ourselves in providing a great and safe experience for all our guests and we are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next “stay-cation” at CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I took the wife and kid here once again and once again we loved it. Convenient location to just about anything and everything in the area. The rooms are very nice, clean, and modern. The water park is awesome even for an older dude like me. I recommend the hotel/park to everyone visiting the area and staying. If you get bored at the theme parks or just take a day off visiting them, Coco Key has just as much fun under one roof. The room rates are very reasonable at $99.00 a night. Try it out!!

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found your second stay at our hotel to be clean, fun, and a great time for the entire family! We are also very pleased that you found our hotel and water resort to be a great value at a great location. We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us twice! We look forward to your 3rd visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I can say that the water park is great. However the rooms and food are very sub par. The food is below fast food and the rooms are poor. The carpet is very dirty and your feet will be black. The best food is Pizza Hut and dunkin donuts next door. I would recommend this place for families but don't stay in the hotel. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We apologize for an inconvenience you experience while staying at our property. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our hotel rooms, each room is thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed throughout the day every day. We also have three great onsite restaurants, Pizza Hut Express and Callalo Grill being more of the quick and very affordable foods, and Tradewinds Restaurant which serves a Breakfast Buffet and a nice evening dining experience with a variety of great foods. Again, we apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us; we would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. For additional comments or concerns please contact us at 'comments@cocokeyorlando.com' so that we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you reconsider and decide to visit our hotel and water park again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wonderful place to take kids of all ages -toddler to adult! Rooms were clean and modern-Plenty of pool towels and staff was very friendly and accommodating -especially customer service- Additional activities for kids and life jackets available - It's in the heart of the Universal/Orlando which makes it easy to walk to most shops and restaurants -Make sure that you have plenty of time before and after your check in and check out times to really enjoy the water slides because they don't open until about 11am- pool opens much earlier- My 7 year old felt like a big kid because he was able to go on all but 2 slides (missed it by 2 inches) and I was able to relax watching him have a blast!!

1  Thank Kelly V

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found your stay at our hotel to be clean, modern, fun, and a great time for the entire family! We are also very pleased that you found our hotel and water resort to be a great value at a great location. We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We could have stayed at any Hotel with a pool, but this place had a little something extra going for it, The rooms were not fancy, but clean and comfy, we had access to the water park, and when it closed we had access to a swimming pool located in the middle of the facility, it was very close to Universal Studios and a hop and skip to Disney, Getting around was easy, there was a ton of places to eat, but we loved the Ponderosa, outside of the theme parks, everything is within walking distance.
The Buffet at the onsite facility was disappointing, but out of fairness I only ate there once, so maybe it was just a bad day for the cook, When I ordered room service, The meal was good, but they don't carry change with them, I wasn't about to leave a $10 tip on a Hamburger, and my biggest complaint has to do with the $19 daily tax on top of the Hotel cost, I realize all tourist cities have this, and it's a turn off.
When I arrived at this Hotel I sat at Check-in for 10 minutes listening to a customer unload their anger at the staff because someone screwed up their plans, needless to say I was worried at first, but Coco Key made our visit enjoyable, they were friendly , If your weighing between this and a similar Hotel, I think this place is a winner with the kids.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found your stay at our hotel to be clean, fun, and a great time for the little ones! We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff was friendly and informative and accommodated us to the room we wanted. The hotel has a store, water park, and hotel pool outside. We enjoyed our stay, they have fun activities for the kids. They gave the kids balloons and balls out of glow sticks. They also have a bar, restaurant and an arcade for kids to play in. The room was very clean, they provided plenty of fresh towels and cleaned the rooms everyday. I wish the rooms had a microwave to heat left overs, instead of having to walk down to the gator grab and go to heat food, especially at night. We also told them we only had one trash in the bathroom and forgot to bring us an additional one for the room. Other than that its a wonder place to stay, its quiet, the beds are very comfortable, and the A/C worked really great. The hotel is conveniently located near universal studios and not far from disney world either. International drive has a variety of restaurants, activities, or simply nice to go for a walk. Strongly recommend, especially if you have kids, they would love it. This is our second time staying there and we would again.

Room Tip: Located conveniently close to universal studios and other theme parks. also speak to front desk abou...
1  Thank Yari R

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found your stay at our hotel to be clean, fun, and a great time for the entire family! We are also very pleased that you found our staff to be very informative, kind, and attentive. We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!