“Great bargain and trip!!”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #203 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Great bargain and trip!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was the 2nd year I took my nieces to this resort and THEY LOVE IT!!!! It was VERY affordable; I paid less than $250.00 for 2 nights and unlimited water park. Try taking your kids to a water park alone and you are looking at last least $150.00 just for those tickets. It is in the middle of International Drive, so it is centrally located. I found the water areas clean and well-kept. Every staff member is nice and friendly. We WILL be back next year!!

1 Thank Ramona567
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be a great location, a great value, lots of fun, and a great time for the entire family! We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to Orlando and CoCo Key!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Polish first
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Been here 2 times,very crowded,as they let non resort people in to use water park,there was bus loads of camp kids! They have about 10 tubes for the whole park-you cannot bring your own.Very noisy,the water park closes too early.It would be better if they had a few hours for guests only to use water park

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for providing us with feedback. We apologize for an inconvenience you experience while staying at our property. Regarding our Water Park, we ensure that our water park is below full capacity. If we get close to capacity or are at a very high number we no longer allow the public access to our water park to ensure that we have enough space and room for the hotel guests at our property. We also have additional tubes for the water slides and if all are being used one of the lifeguard’s is to grab additional tubes for the guests use. Again, we apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us; we would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please email us at 'comments@cocokeyorlando.com' so that we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you reconsider and decide to visit our hotel and water park again.
orlando fl
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I had an exciting time there. Hospitable staff, wonderful facility and overall a memorable stay and special thank you to Richard Jackson.The kids loved it and most definetly we'll be back

Room Tip: if you have kids, you should celebrate his or her birthday there and they will love it, promise!
2 Thank P-Orlando L
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are so pleased that you found our hotel to be awesome, fun, and a great time for the entire family! We are also very happy that you found our staff to be hospitable and that Richard Jackson was able to make your stay great! We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for all our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next “stay-cation” at CoCo Key!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

First of all let me advise each person that my opinion is only my opinion and it does not mean that my words are wrote in stone or blood. But this was my second time visiting with coco key resort. last year I visited with the Jenkins, Osborne, Williams, Stringer and Murvin family (my family) and it was a great trip. This year I decided to plan a trip for my sisters and brother along with their family and we rented 4 rooms the guest services representitive Richie was excellent, he greated us with a smile and was very helpful in putting my entire family together. There was 16 of us that stayed at the hotel but there was an extra 10 relatives that visited the water park over the weekend. For the price it was great, the rooms were clean our house keeper was very helpful.The only thing the hotel is missing is a microwave in the rooms. Becoming to coc key i visited Nickelodeon hotel each year in the month of April because of my son birthday and I must say Nick hotel is great but I prefer to save a little money and do some extra shopping at the outlets while visiting Orlando and coco key allowed me to save and shop. I must say if you are planning a trip visit coco key for yourself and not listen to all the negative things people have expressed regarding the hotel, What you expect might not be the same expectations that other people have. To the staff at Coco Key keep up the good work. The Walker family.

Room Tip: The fourth floor was quieter because it's located inside of the building away from the pool and...
2 Thank lapanthia w
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are very pleased that you found our hotel clean and fun for the entire family! We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us for the second time this year! We look forward to your next vacation at CoCo Key!
Canada de Gomez, Argentina
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I opted for this hotel on the last day of our journey to the UK. I was excited for my kids paid all the fee from the UK or so I thought. On checking in I was told by one of the managers in her rudest tone and behaviour that I had to pay $20 fee and a holding charge of $50 and if I did not possess that money on spot my 2 kids and I will have to sleep elsewhere. my kids were 3 and 11. The cheek! anyway I was glad to speak with 2 other member of staff inclusive of an Australian gentleman who was quite helpful and warm. they gave us complementary drinks and we got passes to the park on the property. I still paid the extra monies requested...".by the skin of our teeth". But we were given a longer checking out period to accommodate our flight time back to the UK.
the water slides at the back of resort is fantastic and I soon forgot about the aggravation experienced initially at front desk.
Overall, the kids had a fun time, I felt the rooms were clean and the amenities practical for kids enjoyment. the hotel is smacked on international drive with lots of shops across the road with tons of options.
The transportation from the hotel to airport is run by a pretty honest and helpful guy.
As a caution though, beware of those people in the foyer of the hotel promising to get you're Disney tickets price down by 50%. Take my silly advice....if something is too good to be true, then it surely is....don't say I didn't warn you!

Room Tip: book rooms overlooking pool area. I didn't but it seemed more fun to be right there over the po...
1 Thank phoenix703
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay in Orlando. We apologize that you did not have a pleasant Check-in experience with us. Regarding our check-in policy and payments, each guest is required to pay a security deposit upon check-in that covers any damages that may occur during their stay, once the guest checks out the amount is returned to them if there were not damages. We also require a payment of $19 U.S. dollars per room per night which gives each guest access to all resort amenities. For example, free Wifi, a fitness center, water park admission, and free transportation to both SeaWorld and Universal. We are delighted to hear that you did have a pleasant experience otherwise, and that you and your family really enjoyed the water park and hotel experience at CoCo Key! We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the best experience possible and we would have liked to ensure that each experience you encountered at CoCo Key was GREAT! Again we apologize you were inconvenienced during your Check-in process. We hope you come back to Orlando and decide to stay with us again.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The rooms were clean but basically. After reading other reviews on the hotel I have to say I was disappointed the air con must be from the 70s it was so noisy we turned ours off but you could hear the other rooms. The main pool was not maned and people were smoking round the pool as well as kids playing with the disabled equipment. The bar at this pool was only open at weekends. And don't try and get an early night when a game is on if your room is near the shop as the noise woke both me and my son up the staff just said well the bar is open till midnight didn't spend all that money to drink all night wanted to enjoy the sights Florida had to offer!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback. We apologize for an inconvenience you experience while staying at our property. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our air-conditioning units, we recently installed new eco-friendly air-conditioning units in each and every hotel room on our property. Our hotel pools and water park pools are cleaned and maintained throughout the day every day to ensure that they are up to legal codes, and safe for all of our guests use. Again, we apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience with us; we would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. We hope that you reconsider and decide to visit our hotel and water park again.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We chose this hotel coz of the location and we have a 4 years old son to enjoy the water park.
Room was nice and clean, beds were comfy no problem with that. We paid 81 USD extra charge for the hotels water park which we knew that before we checked in. Anyway water parks pools were extremely DIRTY. We tried to use it for 3 days but there was no hygiene and hairs etc everywhere in the pool. And if the weather is rainy or there are lightnings they shut down the water park and pools which happens pretty often in Orlando.
Some of the Lifeguards are very rude and when there is lightning or rain they are very aggressive to the kids...
Breakfast was 10 USD per person and i can't say it was great. Pretty average buffet.
Location is great but with that price you can find lots of alternative hotels on International Drive.
We stayed there for 4 days and i don2t think i will stay there again.

1 Thank Cemario
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our Water Park, our water park is checked and cleaned thoroughly throughout the day every day. Additionally, our guests safety is of the up most importance to us, and in the event of any severe weather it is most important to us to make sure each guest is out of the water and safe from any harm. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.