“My boys loved it.”

Ranked #200 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Norman Park, Georgia, United States
“My boys loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Was only able to stay one night cause we were heading to Winter Haven and Legoland but heard that this Hotel was great for children. My boys were able to run around like mad men. I thought the water park portion would be only for children but they had some very large slides that me and my husband enjoyed very much. I love that there are restaurants and bars on the premesis. The staff was so wonderful-a special thank you to Aurora at the front desk. We will def be staying here again.

Room Tip: There are no balconies so if you are a smoker you might want to request a room on the ground floor...
2 Thank Lisa T
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We are very pleased that you found our hotel to be very fun and full of things for you and your family to do! We pride ourselves in providing a great experience for our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next vacation at CoCo Key!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I read reviews before I take any trip. I read over some of the reviews from this site and was actually pleased with the feedback, so we decided on this resort for our family overnight getaway. I’m glad we chose this resort. I was pleased with the entire trip. Great location..Great customer service! Many options for kids within the water park…I love the fact that it's enclosed...My son really really enjoyed the water park and the game room. My son said he wants to come to this resort every day. (We live 2 hours way) lol ! My husband also enjoyed it and he is very hard to please. lol !! We plan on making another trip to the resort sometime in July. #Fun

3 Thank L S
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Hello Smith0723,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We live in Kissimmee. We had a family of six come down from Indiana to see us during their spring break (Kids ages 7 to 16). Wanted to do something different with them, so happened across the website for CoCo Key. We got two rooms and had a great time. Well kept water park, well supervised. The best kept secret on International Drive. When us locals say it is the place, it is the place !! Best money I have spent in Florida since we moved here. Check my ratings.

Room Tip: Check the website for the "bed and breakfast" package - the best deal in town.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pick33848
Hello Pick33848,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed during spring break the last week of March. The room was spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very accommodating! My boys had a great time at the waterpark. The location is excellent. Returning soon!

• Stayed March 2013
Hello Killiansmom,

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel certainly did not live up to its description. It was sold to us as a 'family' hotel and with it having a waterpark we thought it would be ideal for our first ever visit to America.

Unfortunately we were not informed that this hotel was a base for parties at the weekends. For three nights of each weekend we were there we had severe problems with drunken parties, people shouting and arguing, children screaming and running up and down the corridors banging on doors until 3am or 4am each night. My 3 year old was scared, especially when the couple in the adjacent room started swearing and shouting and arguing, tipping their TV onto the floor in the process. We called reception who said they would send security up. Each time we had to chase security as they did not attend promptly. When they did finally attend they did quieten down the guests but the noise resumed as soon as security left. When we pointed this out to reception and suggested that security patrol our corridor more regularly we were told that it had been dealt with and that the hotel 'could not control their guests' every move'. Completely unacceptable! There was even a man smoking cannabis every night in the hotel grounds who was not dealt with by security.

The rooms were average but certainly not as pictured in the brochure. Our room was dull, had chips in the paintwork and a large crack on one wall from the ceiling to the floor. The windows are locked shut and the air conditioning is very noisy so you have to choose between being cool or sleeping.

I would avoid this hotel like the plague if you have a family and if you are wanting a good night's sleep. This was our first trip to Orlando and we had to cancel a couple of our days to Disney because we were just so tired from the night's events. We will return to Orlando but will pay extra to stay at Disney next time.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank MrsC142
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. Regarding the security, we do have a Manager here from 8am-1am as well as Security overnight to fully resolve these types of concerns. We are a resort aimed for children so there sometimes is more noise than usual but if it gets to the point of discomfort for one of our guests or at an odd time we take immediate action. We are a non smoking property and have a zero tolerance policy. On your next visit please report this right away so we can assess the situation right away and take the necessary steps to fully resolve this for you. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay here. The hotel itself is ideally placed on Idrive, but plenty of nicer hotels to choose from in Orlando. Travelling with an 8 year old and a 14 year old, they got bored with the very busy water park after one day and spent the days we didn;t go to any parks in the pool. The main pool was quiet during the day, but come 5 o'clock it became very busy and a little intimidated with the locals. The weekend was worse and we chose not to spend it at the hotel. I presume a lot of the rooms are owned by locals who visited on a weekend.

I wouldn't choose this hotel again, nor would I chose International Drive as it has become very run down. This is just my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. Regarding the pool being busy and being intimidated with locals, our hotel makes sure to completely prohibit any local/outside access to our pool. Unlike the water park, which is open to the public, our cabana pool is only given access to hotel guests. We monitor this by giving each guest a wrist band at check-in that is completely different then the water park public wristband so we may monitor all guests who use our cabana pool. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

So... This isn't our first stay at Coco Key as we were also here in March. The hotel is completely kid/family friendly and the staff are ALL very helpful and courteous. Our favorite place to visit is the Callaloo Grill. The chefs/cooks there are the most pleasant young men I have ever encountered at any resort/hotel. On both occasions they assembled our complicated orders with precision and professionalism. Seems simple , but they were the highlight of our trip. The kids cannot stop raving about the water park.... And how they enjoy the all of the"super huge" water slides!! I have to say... Its really a wonderful place, clean, great location, priced extremely fair, and alot of fun for your entire family!! We will be back !!

• Stayed May 2013