“CLEANESS”

Ranked #200 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Davie, Florida
“CLEANESS”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Unfortunately on this stay rooms smelled very bad and have found roaches crawling on the beds big water bugs and roaches. The carpets had stains that looked like some one had troun up. It is a shame that while you are sleeping and run in to these insects tells alot of how this place is kept. Advised hotel clerk and she did not want to have anythiong to do with it she will relate complaint to some one that is all she said and ignored any other information. un fortunately I will never return here after so many years attending. The service has changed drastically The parking lot very dirty and the hallways also very dirty not a place where you would want to take your kids.

Room Tip: rooms on second floor not easy access
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We assure you this is not typical of the standards we uphold at our property. We will be sure to address the issues you indicated to our housekeeping department. We do hope that you reconsider and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Polish first
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here from the 15th october - 29th october 2012

I was a bit sceptical about staying here having read some of the reviews posted here about this hotel but I needn't have worried because I found the hotel to be absolutlely fine!!!
The rooms were spotless and the beds were comfy anything we ever needed (extra pillows etc ) the staff dealt with it immediatley!!!

the water park was excellent and surrounded with life guards all the time!!
The other pool was good as well and had a spa pool which was excellent to relax in as the temp was amazing!!

The hotel is in an ideal location for all attractions and the I-Trolley stops right outside so ideal if you havent hired a car.

obviously no hotel is perfect and do have their flaws but if its clean and safe and have excellent staff what more can you ask for!!

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 8206 and 8204 at the far end of the complex so was a bit of a walk but alot quiet...
1 Thank pamela m
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are glad that you enjoyed the water park, location, and cleanliness of our rooms. Hope to see you on your return trip to Orlando!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for my daughters wedding in may not my choice but had to cater to many guests.This hotel is in the middle of International drive handy for all attractions and restaurants.Kids loved the water park.This hotel was clean but could do with some refurbishment.I would recommend this hotel to families.

Room Tip: Stay in a tower room if you want quiet the rooms around pool area can be very noisy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello lesley h,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having a background in property management, I feel this review is warranted. Pools reeked of urine & were closed multiple times due to feces having to be cleaned out, stuck in 90 degree elevator for over 20 minutes, 4 trips to front desk before finally getting key to room that worked properly, booked handicap accessible room- was not provided with one, general public can purchase "day pass" to water park- resulting in extreme overcrowding. All in all, this place resembled a zoo. I will not be returning.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. You are correct that we sell day passes to our water park. We do ensure, however, that our water park capacity is not exceeded so that all guests will have a safe and enjoyable experience. Also, we would have liked the opportunity to provide you with the correct room that you reserved. Again we apologize for any inconvenience you dealt with at our hotel.
Dunnellon, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stay in hotels very often and love to try new ones often. Everyone has favorites, but because of the water park nature of this hotel it kept me from reserving before because of the seasonal prices and the lack of needing a water park hotel. I had a nightly event in the area where I required in room childcare since my kids could not attend. One of the staff was very personable when I called with my request and did not hesitate in helping me get the information I needed to assist with finding care services. I thought by staying at the water park hotel on this occasion would be a nice exchange to my kids so they would also be able to have an event with this trip that they were not excluded from. The pool bar was very convenient as the other two adults I was traveling with had something to keep them busy while I was supervising the kids in the pool/park area. There was ample lifeguard supervision and the layout was very nice. I had an issue with one of the rooms where a ceiling access panel was hanging down when we tried to enter and it appeared someone had stolen the digital thermostat from the room and it was very hot. It took less than a minute for maintenance to note the issue and because I reserved more than one room, the staff credited the cost of the room without question. The only thing I was less than pleased with was the breakfast buffet. It was not late in the morning and already the pancakes were hard on the edges and cold and so was the sausage. It could have been uncommon and I didn't try any other meals so I may not be the best reviewer other than that one experience. I will definitely come back again when I have more time to try everything out and review again.

Room Tip: There is only one building with an elevator. My Dad has a power chair so we were limited to a non-po...
1 Thank missbecca13
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2016
Hello missbecca13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at coco keys for 2 weeks would say ok if you have kids but gets really busy at week ends with people coming for weekend breaks. Rooms ok staff friendly maids cleaning rooms can take a while as when i stayed my room would not be serviced until mid afternoon but clean enough. If your staying would get ITRAVEL TICKET FROM REP AND PHONE CARD WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF MONEY. I traveled from scotland and bought all my tickets for parks in advance this will save you alot of money also however you will be over sold tickets for everything you can not really do disney world and universal world in 2 weeks if your kids are over 10 years old i would recommend universal world . IF YOU GOE TO ORLANDO THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO TRAVEL IS BUY TAXI I WOULD RECOMMENDED VANSTAR TRANSPORTATION 407-797-TOUR ( 8687 ) ANTONAIO A REALLY NICE GUY AND WILL NOT RIPP YOU OFF 5 STAR TREATMENT .I found orlando very expensive and parks charge you a fortune for food best place to shop is florida mall thats where the americans shop and a great mall.Best day out was swimming with the dolhins at Discovery Cove expensive but worth every penny and you get 5 star treatment allday and this will be a day you never forget.Hope you have a nice time.

Room Tip: rooms on south side away from pools are quietier .
4 Thank Neil M
Hello Neil M,

321-206-4392
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in mid September 2012 for 1 week, the room was very nicely decorated, beds comfy and clean towels provided daily. We had some noisy people next to us on the first night who kept us awake with their arguing but this was quickly resolved by the hotel staff. Tried the waterpark one day, it was great fun for our Grandson, however, you are unable to take your own snacks in to the pool area which seems a bit unreasonable, there was to much commotion for one tube of pringles. I wouldn't let this put me off though and would stay again.

Room Tip: Try Chilli's restaurant just across the road. Also try Maggioli's Italian restaurant next to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MandyBro21
Hello MandyBro21,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!