“Fantastic for families”

Ranked #203 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Mississauga, Canada
“Fantastic for families”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We went into Orlando for 4 days after 4 days at Disney. After a rocky start to the check in process (it was late), we completely enjoyed our stay.

The water-park is NOT Disney, but the kids did enjoy it. Definitely good for some hours of fun.
Not much for the parents to do, so depending on the age of your kids, this may or may not be a good thing.

We didn't eat at the hotel at all, plenty of family friendly restaurants around, and to be honest the choices there were limited. The pool was fun, there was internet access and wi-fi available, with enough chairs and some toys for the kids.

We had a Family suite, which was TWO adjoining rooms, both nicely appointed with 2 different bathrooms.. one faced the parking lot, the other the pool area.

Manager, very visible and friendly.

I'd stay here again, the location was GREAT and the price was very good also - we stayed in February.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Laramom23
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2016
Hello Laramom23,

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Polish first
Orlando, FL
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Dislike: exterior cooridors and location on I Drive

Everything else is 100% +++! The park is fun, the bedding is amazing and the hotels . I think all rooms now have a fridge and micro. That's new for 2011.

They also offer birthday party packages for the locals.

1 Thank jesbribraali
Hello Jesbribraali,

toronto
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We booked the coco key "hotel" as part of a seaworld package. This is not a hotel/resort. CocoKey is a motel compound with a small highrisel building in the middle. Most of the units here are 2 storey motel buildings without elevator access to the second floor. Parking is around the outside of the motel buildings and there is a pathway between the motel buildings that leads to the tower building. The pathway is not lit sufficiently, the elevators in the tower needed buttons repaired, the hallways have an unpleasant odor. The rooms were clean and large. The air conditoner blew so much air that you had to stand at the other end of the room when it was on and was so loud we could not hear each other. The staff were pleasant and helpful If you are looking for a motel the cocokey will suit your needs but if your looking for a hotel or resort hotel don't stay here.

Room Tip: only stay in the tower building
8 Thank Zysli
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello soccermom14,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Outstanding customer service!! I was visitiing with wife and daughter on December 15 thru 21. I was hesitant at first with some of the bad reviews. Only thing I can make of those who had a bad experience is that they were probably bad customers to begin with. Being a business owner myself, its hard to please everyone. I was one of those who was not informed of the waterpark closing during the winter months, but just monday thru wednesday. It was a little upsetting at first but they more than make up for it with great customer service and helping you plan everything else. We came with the intention of going to Disney and Universal, and the location is awesome for this. Disney is literally 15 minutes away, and universal is less than 5 minutes away. Every single employee here was outstanding. From the life gaurds at the waterpark, to the guy running the cash register at pizza hut, to the security gaurds, and especially a guy named Andy, I don't remember his last name but he was outstanding! Customer service certainly is one of their top priorities. The hotel itself was nice, I stayed in a standard room, but take a look at the suites if you consider coming for a visit. The suites are reasonable priced as well. This hotel has everything you need. they do have a seperate pool that stays open later with a hot tob and waterfall, its heated as well. Nice arcade set up kinda like a chuckie cheese's . The resort thoughout was clean. Next time we visit, this is where we are staying without a doubt. First day I was here I was complaining about the waterpark and by the time I left I couldn't have been happier. Thanks again to all the employees here for making our stay wonderful. Especially Andy (customer service manager of some sort). Highly recomend this resort. Been all over the world and several different hotels, best service I ever found was here. Almost forgot, the water park is pretty awesome for kids, there is a bar that serves alcohol near the pool which is nice, and i don't mean that in a rowdy kind of way. Nobody getting drunk and out of hand at the pool. It is very family oriented. At night they sometimes have a dj out there doing kareoke with the kids which we didn't participate in but walked by it several times and the kids looked they were having a blast singing their little hearts out! I just can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: Look into getting a suite here. Much more spacious and a lot nicer rooms.
8 Thank Devin_Nguyen
Hello Devin_Nguyen,

Lithonia, Georgia
Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is the BEST hotel to stay at if you're planning a trip to Orlando. This hotel is by all the amusement parks, & if you don't want the parks, Coco Keys is the play to be.

Room Tip: All the rooms have queen size double beds in them, a fridge, and very roomy. The front desk attedant...
2 Thank mschocolate2u
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2016
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Me, my partner, and his parents stayed at this hotel up until yesterday but I couldn't wait to add my review..

We arrived via coach transfers from Orlando Samford Airport, went straight to the front desk to check in and were greeted by a polite and smiley member of staff who didn't seem to have too much of an issue that our plane had delayed our check in by around 2hours.

We received our room key cards and a receipt for the $50 deposit which was returned upon check out, followed the instructions we were given and went straight to our rooms.

We ordered 2standard rooms and received what felt like a suite to me as the room is intended for 4people to share, there was: 2large double beds, a fridge, a 32" flat screen television (according to my partner), which stood on top of a large chest of drawers as well as a dressing table with a mirror and a safe which you can set your own code too.

The bathroom had a standard sized granite shower/bath, standard toilet and sink, there was also a large mirror above the sink as well as some American plug sockets so you can use the hair dryer provided or something else but don't forget plug adapters if from the UK!

There is a desk located in the foyer from where you can buy all your tickets for local attractions if you haven't already.

The hotel is located on International drive at stop 13 if you get around using the itrolley for $1.25 or just 25c or seniors, the drivers are mostly very polite, happy and are very helpful.

There are plenty of places to eat on IDrive including ihop and Denneys which I recommend, or if you want a special meal go a little further from the hotel and visit Bahama Breeze! Slightly more expensive but with every penny and more!

Unfortunately we weren't able to use the hotel's bar and restaurant or even the water park as we visited Disney or Universal Parks everyday or the malls nearby but we were able to use the arcade, laundry room (which requires $1.75 each for the washing machines and dryers all in quarters which is quite cheap considering the amount of washing we got done) and the little shop onsite.

We received room service everyday and the attention to detail, from folding the end of the toilet paper into a triangle and folding the flannels into certain shapes to place our toothbrushes etc on to giving us fresh towels and beds to sleep in a night.

My partner and myself did have trouble with the toilet during our 2nd week, so we phoned reception at around 11pm and made an appointment for it to be fixed the next morning. The nice gentleman arrived on time, can in, fixed it and the left. We couldn't have been more satisfied with his service.

Check out was easy and over the 2weeks we had grown to feel like we knew the staff especially 1, whom appeared very sad we were leaving.

Overall this hotel is exactly as we had hoped for and more! We are certainly going to stay there again and would definitely recommend to everyone!

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Polarsaurus

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Would highly reccomend this hotel. stayed 6th Nov - 22nd Nov 2011. Family with 2 kids and grandma. Fantastic experience from start to finish. Stayed on 2nd floor in tower. Room large, beds fantastically comfy, fridge, safe and excellent house keeping who went out of their way to have things how we wanted them. Reception staff were first class. tenika is the most wonderful, welcoming person and we felt like we'd known her forever. Staff were helpfull, attentive and if the odd thing wasn't right, they solved it immediately. Pool open til 10pm. Was heated and so nice to jump into with the kids to wind down after a hard day at the parks. Didn't spend much time in waterpark as play area had freezing water and my 5year old's lips were blue after 10 minutes there, but plenty of waterparks around so didn't miss it.
Hadn't heard anything good aboutt tradewinds resteraunt so didn't visit but as the hotel is perfectly placed for accessing a large variety of food places and attractions, we didn't mind.
Managed perfectly without a car using hotels free shuttles. I Trolley and taxi to disney which was around 60 dollars. Everything considered, we couldnt have made a better choice of hotel. Thanks so much Coco Key.

Room Tip: Avoid poolside rooms if you want quiet as pool is open til 10pm. Request tower room. Bigger, quiete...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family