“Great family holiday”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #208 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Just back from 2 week stay at coco key with my husband and 13yr son and had a brilliant holiday. The staff from the minute we arrived till we left were great and my son and the friends he met at the hotel were never short of something to do from early morning till late at night. The rooms were clean and roomy and the beds were sooo comfy the large screen tv was great to end your day with.The fridge let you keep drinks and snacks cool for when you needed them. The only downside was the windows didnt open and there was no balcony. We were in one of the tower rooms which is probably the best part of the hotelto have a room. We will definately go back to this hotel it was close to everything we wanted to do.

Room Tip: tower rooms I imagine will be quieter as not so much traffic going past them.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Hello Susan L,

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have had a 2 week stay here and we could not complain at all,if you are wanting a Hilton etc then this will not be for you,if you want somewhere that has clean rooms,very comfy beds,helpful staff and you don't want to break the bank then this is for you.
We arrived and check in was a breeze no fuss at all,we got our 2 rooms in a quiet location and they did smell a little musty,so we went back to reception and got moved upstairs,no hassle at all.
The rooms are nice,the beds are really comfy,plenty of pillows,and a fridge,coffee maker,free Wi-FI a good choice of channels on the TV.
We did not eat on site so I cannot comment on the food or drink,the location of the hotel has plenty of good eating places to go to.
We used the main pool and not the water park,the towels supplied are small but no real issue there,the pool side beds and gazebo's were a nice touch.
We asked if there was a shower room for the last day as check out is 11am and our flight wasn't until 6pm,and got told we could have a late check out to 1pm free of charge,totally unexpected and greatly appreciated.
At the weekends the place does get really busy with locals staying Fri,Sat leaving Sun and yes it can get a bit noisy at times,but this is not a spa hotel with soft flowing music,it is a family orientated hotel.
We had to ask for some extra coffee once and it arrived within 10minutes and plenty of it.
We had stayed at a hotel just a few minutes walk away which is now called International Palms,and this beats it,as the rooms were quite tatty and in serious need of repair when we last stayed.
Overall we have not met one rude member of staff,they have all helped with any request,we will definitely choose this hotel again.
And a tip for anyone staying they have a offer on at the moment Buy a souvenir cup for $9.99 and receive free beverage refills for your entire stay.

Room Tip: Just contact the hotel a few weeks prior to travel and ask for a quiet location
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skeeter68

Hello Skeeter68,

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have just come back from staying 2 weeks in coco keys Waterpark Resort. We have 3 rooms and found them to be a very good sized and very clean. We were orignally put in rooms by the indoor kids water park area, but found it to be very dark and noisy. We complained to the reception staff who were very friendly and helpful and moved us straight away. Waterpark good for my kids aged 7 and 8 but got very busy at weekends. Hotel in good location, within walking distance to shops and restaurants and also wet 'n' wild. Tradewinds quite expensive, but Pizza Hut sold burgers & sandwiches which were more reasonsably priced. All employees were very friendly and helpful. All in all a very friendly hotel and a great place to stay especially if you have kids.

Room Tip: Rooms round the adult pool or in the tower are the best rooms. Rooms around the waterpark are noisy...
3  Thank UkOrlando
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Hello UkOrlando,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Hotel room was freezing cold when the AC was running. The ceiling register would almost blow you across the room when it cut on - really quite uncomfortable. We dubbed it "The Vortex". The fan in the bathroom made a terrible noise and did not seem to work. The room smelled moldy, too--probably from the non-functioning bathroom fan. We did report these problems to the staff, so maybe they will address them. The location was good and the waterpark area would be perfect for kids from 4--8, and although most of it was too young for my teenage boys, they did enjoy the more advanced slides. The restaurant was pretty expensive for what you got. The employees overall were very friendly. All in all an OK place for a family to stay for a couple of days, but I don't think I would want to spend a week there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay at our property. We would like to apologize for any discomfort you faced during your stay. The issues that you mentioned will be noted and addressed to the appropriate departments. We are glad that you enjoyed the water park and guest service of our hotel staff. We value our guest feedback and hope that you decide to stay with us again so that we may show you the improvements we are constantly making.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

For the price this hotel is great value. Not sure what you expect for a bargain price, but we were impressed after a long trip from Sydney. Room was large (but yes did smell awful - buy air freshener from across the road) Pools were great for kids and well guarded. Staff were great, especially the Universal counter arranging the free shuttle. Very handy to the trolley service. A long walk to Universal but do-able. A great bargain holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower. Otherwise people walking past can look straight in your room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Melanie668
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Hello Melanie668,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hotel proved to be a good base for our daily excursions with the bus stop just outside. The adult pool is quiet and the waterpark side is good fun except on weekends when the hotel is invaded by locals making the waterpark area very noisey.When booking your room request quiet area,we did and were thankful for it.Staff were very polite and helpful the rooms were v.good and cleaned every day,the A/C was good if a tad noisey. A safe is provided in the rooms which are very easy to use and are FREE!!.. Did not use the food halls so cannot comment on these. Plenty of restaurants around the hotel with very little walking..ENJOY..

Room Tip: request room in tower.
1  Thank WalesTrev

Hello WalesTrev,

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Had great time during out 2 night stay, friendly service and reasonable prices. I did buy a water camera from the gift shop and when i got home to devlop it, there was nothing on it, so id just say dont but a water camera from there. otherwise, it was a great time for us adults and our children.

***For anyone complaining about the "no food in the water park" rule. I would lilke to just say that this is put in place for your own good. during my stay someone broke this rule and left potato chips down by the water slide. I then unknowingly stepped on a chip covered with fire ants. (turns out im allergic!). could hardly walk the rest of my stay.

Hello Mary K,