“Brilliant Location”

Ranked #202 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Oxford
“Brilliant Location”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The customer service here was brilliant, the staff really went out of their way to help you. We had a problem with our initial room, and despite it being midnight, they sent who we assumed was the night manager (Michael) to talk to us and they resolved our problems by moving us to a junior suite for all the hassel.

The location is brilliant, all different types of restaurants within walking distance and all the parks are within half an hours car/bus ride away.

The rooms were well equiped with a good shower, good sized beds and a big flat screen T.V.

We would return here if we were to return to Orlando.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RachelM087
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2016
Hello RachelB087,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Polish first
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Decided to go to Orlando (local trip) with my husband and pre-school age son. The
'hotel' (it's really a 'motel' with one building that's a tower) is on International Drive, so there's lots to do within walking distance -- Wet 'n Wild, shopping, restaurants, etc. Also close to Sea World & Universal Studios. Hotel is old and was supposedly 'refurbished'. But aside from the lobby, the entire hotel was dirty and dingy. Check in was at 4pm, but our room (in the tower) was not ready until 4:45pm. The tower itself -- from the entry way, thru the halls, too our hotel room door -- smelled like mold, which was only amplified when we opened the door to our room. The stench of mold/mildew/water rot hit us like a ton of bricks. It infiltrated the entire room and made it nearly impossible to breath, sleep or spend any lengthy time in our room. We called house keeping asking them to come spray the room with something to mask the smell, but we cancelled our call after nearly 1 hour went by and no one showed up. Thank goodness we were only @ Coco Key for one night, my allergies were acting up from the 'damp room' smell and dust and would have never lasted another day. If you've ever been in a damp basement where the carpet had water damage, you'll know the smell I'm describing all to well. The room itself was furnished nicely, but it was just aesthetics to cover a deeper problem (smell). The water park was fun for my son and there's lots to do for all age kids. The resort charges $19 fee for use of the 'amenities' including water park, which closes at 7pm, which is a joke, since check in is at 4pm IF your room is ready. I would never stay at this resort again. It wasn't even that cost effective. It was $84/nite before resort fee and taxes total amount came to $114/nite (Oct.). You'd be better off to stay at a Disney Value hotel or another 'well-known' corporate hotel on International Drive where you know a mold/mildew/damp smell would never be tolerated. There's plenty reputable hotels on the strip to chose from such as Wyndam, Sheraton, etc.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank irishprincess04
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the water park and our location on I-Drive. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We will address any issues with our housekeeping department; however, all of our rooms undergo an extensive cleaning process. We would have also liked the opportunity to provide you with a different room during your stay. Additionally, our water park is open for guests to use all day on the day of arrival, throughout their stay, and the day they check-out. Again we would like to apologize for your inconvenience. We hope that you reconsider and decide to stay with us again.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Pros: Nice size slide/jungle park, 3 other slides which was an added bonus. Nice size arcade room. Easy accessibility to other food on the strip. Cons:
Room was small. If room is on inside, it was noisy during the day. AC filter needs changing. AC very noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are quieter.
Hello Lisa K,

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have two girls 7 and 3. They had a blast. Service was good, front desk was friendly!

We had two issues, the first being the towels! They barely fit my 3 year old and they are so thin an old. They really need to be replaced! The other was the restaurant! Went there for breakfast, food was horrible! But hotel located on international drive, so tons of choices!

Other than those minor issues, fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Jillnomore
Hello Jillnomore,

miami
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The room that I received at first was 2 full size beds facing the water park it wasn't what i asked for I asked for 2 QUEENS facing the water park I think they thought I wouldn't notice. But, I called them and with out any hesitation they changed my room to a water park view but with one king and a queen sofa bed a little disappointing. The room was a lot better because it was so much bigger then the rest and very spacious and had lots of storage space and a big sink and table, large closet and with 2 adults and 3 children you need all the space you can get. That room was great in size but it didn't smell so pleasant. The water park on Friday that was a holiday was great but on the weekend it was over crowded. Tickets are sold to people from the out side that are not staying in the resort so it got to crowded for comfort . One thing I can say they have safety undercover there are lots of lifeguards in the water and out side looking at everything that is happening I felt that my children were safe at all times in the water. I hop this helps. PS I would and will be going again.

Room Tip: high floor not to much noise and could see the water park complete
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank eli1300
Hello eli1300,

Chino, California
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My family and I just returned from our Disney World vacation and we stayed at the Coco Key and I have to say it was a pretty good choice. The rooms are a little old but the water park makes it all worth staying there. We spent a week at the hotel and really have no complaints. It is deifinitely not a 5* hotel but for this trip that revolved around our 10 year old son, 9 & 15 year old nephews it was perfect.

1 Thank Richjendiaz
Hello Richjendiaz,

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This was our second trip to CoCo Key and our last! We stayed last summer and it was great so we tried it again this weekend.

First, I will start with the review of the water park.. NOT WORTH IT!

In a nutshell, I would call it very run down, crowded, not enough seating.

2 of the water slides were closed all day, we were told they were "overheated" and were shut down for the day. It was crowded and not enough chaise lounges for seating. The chaise lounges were aged and dirty.. There was plenty of room, but the hotel has not added enough seating and umbrellas which could easily be added. The towels were flimsly and couldn't even dry off a small child... bring your own towels!!

The security is nothing... I asked the guard checking the only entrance if he allows children out by themselves and he said "yes mame, I can't stop them." There are however plenty of lifeguards watching the slides and pools.

The only food at the waterpark... horrible service, it took 45 minutes to get a personal size pizza and chicken nuggets! And this is counter service, there were at least 15 people waiting for their food with workers behind the counter not knowing which orders were who's and which end was up! Literally 45 minutes! And the hotel DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN FOOD INTO THE WATER PARK All bags are checked at the entrance! I would think with this rule the service in the restaurant would be outstanding... not so!

Now for THE HOTEL... Our room was decent, but if you want AC this isn't the hotel for you!

We checked in early, our room was ready.. yay! But the room was 60 degrees when we got in. I pushed the thermostat up and we went to the water park. We then went to a Disney park in the evening, the room was cold but not quite as cold. When we returned.. 60 degrees again. Long story short, maintence in our room till 11 pm with 2 sleeping children! We were told " we are shutting it off.. just turn it back on when it's warm" "There's nothing we can really do cause this is an ajoining room and the other room controls the AC" WHAT...we Had not booked an ajoining room!!!!

Why would they put someone in a room where the thermostat is controlled by another room!!! I asked management this... the answer "we don't know this at the front desk,,, only maintenance knows this" WHAT

So... the other room who we did not know controlled our AC!!! When we went to put the AC back on... of course it would not turn on... We slept in an 80 degree room, maintence had gone home by then!!!!

The solution... we can bring you blankets or a fan! We were treated like we were being a nusaince! The hotel did credit us back some of our $ after much complaining on our part.

They Hotel did offer us a voucher to come back another night for free.. BUT IT WAS SO BAD WE LITTERALLY WOULD NOT GO BACK EVEN FOR FREE!!!!!

DON'T DO IT... SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND STAY AT A MORE REPUTABLE HOTEL!!!! If you want a water park hotel consider the Nick hotel for about $50 a day more... so totally worth it!!

Although we paid $120 total so you would think for that money you would at least have AC!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not meant to be an ajoining room if you want to control the AC in your room!
7 Thank annj123
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2016
Hello annj123,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392