and 1 more site!
Ranked #192 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Ugh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Right up front let me get this out.....We are a Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott and Disney hotel kind of family. Everything is compared to those brands. With that said, this place was pretty bad. It is laid out in a "days inn" kind of style with one exception....the tower. It is a 5 floor inside hallway building that was (or so I thought) the only bright spot here. The first problem encountered was the A/C that did not work. Then there was the toilet that did not flush correctly. Also, the TV the only had 10 channels to watch (all the others congratulated me for choosing Dish Network). We were told we would have a king bed room with a pull out sofa. The pull out sofa was there without any linens. When a call was placed for some linens, they were never delivered. According to my child, it was like sleeping on concrete. As for the king bed, it was a queen. The tower looks to have roughly 200 rooms and 2 elevators. Unfortunately, only one elevator was working and it was hard to get on to as it was rarely available. The water park part of the property is not bad as long as you compare it to a back yard slip n slide. Otherwise, you will be quite disappointed given the amount of money they are asking for admission. Lastly, they have problems providing hot water. Twice within a 12 hour period the "boiler" as they put it went out. The manager was overheard telling another irate customer who could not shower that it had become overloaded. If they cannot provide hot water, what else is there left? No A/C, poor plumbing, cruddy TV, false advertising, no hot water and most importantly......no real concern from property management as I received no offer of compensation when I related this to them upon check out. Stay away. If you are looking for a water park experience, stay at a known, quality brand of hotel and go to a nearby water park. Don't try this one if you absolutely do nothing else!!!!!!

Room Tip: Not exactly sure what the best room is here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John S
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392
Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

staff here were fantastic! extremely friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived, receptionists, lifeguards, housekeeping every member of the staff here made you feel like you were on holiday & nothing was too much trouble. Rooms very spacious & clean, we stayed in the hotel not the motel part so didn't hear any noise from the water park. The water park gets busy on a weekend so would advise avoiding it then and just swimming in the hotel pool. $7 in a taxi to get to Universal, Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. the only problem we had was getting the kids to come out of the water park to go to the parks!!!

2 Thank Tracy Y
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2016
Hello Tracy Y,

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at Coco Key from 18th Aug - 1st Spt 2011. We arrived about 6pm and check in was easy and painless with very friendly staff who explained how everything worked including transfers available to parks and access to the on site water park.

Staying in tower 6 - this is an indoor tower giving extra security The room was large in comparison to other I Drive hotels we have stayed in with two double beds and a selection of pillows to choose from. Plenty of storage and a large safe. There was a fridge in the room - an essential in Florida in my opinion. Some other similarly rated hotels I have stayed in on I Drive - Rosen (formally Quality Inn Plaza) for example also have a microwave in the room. I think this would help justify the 4T rating given by Thomsons. Florida isnt as cheap as it used to be and the ability to make a snack in the room keeps the costs down a bit. Room kept very clean and again very friendly staff. If I was to say anything bad - the windows were pretty dirty on the outside meaning you couldnt see much.

I was a bit dissapointed with the water park having booked it as a First Choice Splash Hotel, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the others I have visited. Also the 7pm closing (Sun - Thurs) was a bit early if you have been out for the day. This meant 'hotel pool' was a bit crowded on an evening - even keeping the indoor bits open for the kids would be a benefit. There were only 4 slides for adults - on of which was closed whenever we visited and two of the other three required two riders - given my son was too small this counted us out. That said, my son loved it, it is better than hotels that dont have water parks and we had a 14 day pass to Aqatica and Wet N Wild.

Food was pretty poor. Pizza hut was very slow - in fact quicker to walk to the one just a few yards down I Drive, also CiCis just over the road. Tradewinds was again poor and without the kids eat free would be very expesive for what you get. Breakfast buffet is limited in choice and there are plenty of better and cheaper options available close by.

Location is very good, close to Universal and idealy sited in I Drive.

Stayed at about 7 diffferent I Drive hotels hotels over the years and this would be in the top two of those, its location and water park probably nudge it to the top - sort out the food and you have got it!

Room Tip: Ask for building six on floors 3 -5 - safe and quiet.
6 Thank durhamrower
Hello Durhamrower,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Ideal location, very clean, friendly staff and a fab waterpark Marks out of 10 without a doubt a 10. We will most definitely be staying here when we come back to america.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Cheetahhunt
Hello Cheetahhunt,

Bedfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed 17th-31st Aug 2011.
Check in was easy and our room was in the tower block 6 as previously requested via email. The room was huge- 2 double beds, comfy chairs, table, coffee machine, safe, fridge, clean and well equipped bathroom, and plenty of storage space with a wardrobe.
Any issues we had (such as safe not opening initially/toilet not flushing) were dealt with very quickly via a quick call to the reception.
The hotel pool was clean and a real hit with my 6yr old. The water park pool water was a bit colder, but it was under cover, out of the sun. Again, my 6yr old loved the slides and the splash areas.
We only ate at the breakfast buffet once, it was ok-very similar in standard and price to Ponderosa. We preferred Denny's or Ihop which was just a short walk away.
We did use the Pizza Hut Express at the hotel one night. Service was very slow and the poor guy who was working there was run off his feet until some more staff appeared. The pizza however was actually really nice.
The hotel is in a fairly good location, with the I-Trolley stop 13 just outside going to Seaworld and Aquatica and the outlets.
We were given Hotel Partner cards for Universal and Seaworld which gave us some discounts at those parks.
Overall, we had a great experience here and wouldn't hesitate to book again.
We would always ask for a tower room, just for the added security that this offers. I don't like the idea of a room that opens right out on to I-Drive, but I do know that there were lots of security and staff wandering around at all times which is a good thing.

3 Thank helenthomas80
Hello HelenThomas80,

Palm Bay, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Checked in early on Friday with an inside room directly in front of the kiddie park, which was great since we have a 19 month old granddaughter & 3 yr old grandson. The room was very clean & beds very comfortable, with a small fridge & coffee maker. Must say that the room looked just like picture on their website, which we know doesn't always go that way!!! The pool areas had many life guards and great control over lots of kids. I must say that on Saturday there were alot more people because you can buy just a day ticket and not stay at the hotel and it was "Florida Residence" rates. There is also a heated pool in another area away from the water park which was very nice also to go to after the water park closed at 9pm. There is a tiki bar with alcohol beverages, a snack bar that was made to order, so very fresh and also a restaurant that served breakfast & dinner but we did not use it. Tons of restaurants on I -Drive all within walking distance. All in all this was a great mini vacation for us since we only live 1 hr away!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CoCoKeyOrl, Public Relations Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2016
Hello Pirates,

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed at this resort with my 10 year old son and my mum and we all had a great time.
check in was quick and our room was available even though we arrived 4 hours early, the rooms were very clean, colorful and comfortable. There was a lovely flat screen tv, fridge, safe, plenty of storage space and huge comfy beds. There are lots of amenities on site such as a shop, arcade, restaurant and pizza hut but we tended to eat at other places nearby. The water park was great with a fab ride called the boomerango - you must try it out!! The staff are awesome very friendly and helpful. Hotel overall was very clean and had a great atmosphere.
The only negative comments I can make are that the towels you borrow for the pool are very small and the music in the water park area can be way too loud. We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking one of the swimming pools rather than the car park
2 Thank EmmaM74
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2016
Hello EmmaM74,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.