“a total package for any age”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 16, 2011

i was impress how they had very good security , very pro staff, and very clean rooms , it looked kinda old from the carpets and corridors but def they renovated alot best choice we made to stay from the location to the comfort and to the excellent breakfast buffet , will def stay there again , they have a separate pool and Jacuzzi where you can just relax or offocurse their water park which is really good too , over all very satisfied with each and everything

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Hello sidraatif,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,876)

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I thought the water park was really good for the kids (bit too much for an oldy!) We stayed in block 6 and had a good view of I-Drive and if you went to the end of the corridor, you coudl see Hogwarts! Didnt use much of the facilities since by the time we got back, the water park was almost closed (11am - 9pm) so went to the 'hotel' pool and spa - which closed at 10pm. I can understand why (rooms overlooking pool) but every night we were there it was very quiet and I felt 10pm was early, especially when the shops dont close till midnight :-)

The hotel now has a very small fridge in the room (milk and one bottle of soda size) and a safe. Coffee maker is single cup. No available microwave. Pool towels available in both areas. Plenty of lifeguards in water park but none in 'hotel' pool - best spa i have ever been in, very hot, big and deep!

We did have a bit of fun wondering what the maid wouldnt replace each day - very little soap / shampoo was replaced, but maybe she saw ours and thought it wasnt needed (although I always take home as gifts for kids friends - cheapskate!).

Plenty of cheap food around, and more elaborate. I-4 is seconds drive away. Universal shuttle is limited (two pick-ups and about 4 return, 9am - 5pm, 6pm, ...) So we took our hire car - which for the cost of it is worth having. Yes, parking is $15 at the parks, but the convenience far outweighs this.

make sure you look around for vouchers and use them ... there are plenty of bargains, including 15% off Wonderworks (which is a MUST, especially the Outta Control show) - Play 4 Less card.

If this hotel was somewhere else, I would use it again - but there is just too much to do in the area and I dont feel we got value for money out of it. That said, it has lovely spacious rooms and for that alone it was worth staying. plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Towers are quieter, with good lift access. Around pool nosier, but can have a room door straight on...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Hello HappyRockyBunny,

Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel, unlike similar hotels, has comfortable beds and updated rooms with an affordable price. It contains an waterpark area that was geniusly divided into age appropriate areas (even us bigger kids) with plenty of things to do. The buffet, which offers that "kids eat free" for breakfast and dinner, is a decent price at considering you get two for the price of one (one child free for each adult). They have karaoke for the kids, which was a blast, hosted by a great DJ guy. The best time that I found to enjoy all of amenities is booking a stay that did not incorporate a weekend day as they allow for day passes to the waterpark for people who just wish to use the facilities without staying overnight. It is located close to everything from places to eat to shopping.
But let me warn you, like a previous reviewer had stated, the housekeeping is horrible when responding to a request. I was trying to conserve the use of the towels provided in our room and refused maid service for the next morning, but after swimming in the pool and trying to reuse the towels, it smelled heavily of chlorine and ???, so I called that late afternoon to ask where I might pick up some fresh towels and was told that she would have housekeeping bring them to me. I first thought, WOW! Needless to say we were checking out the next morning and we used our hand towels to dry off with. The person at the front desk said he would look into it after I stated he can cancel my request from the previous night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Hello justchillinFlorida,

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Me and two boys of eight and five are staying there at the moment,what a shambles the place is,no body give a hoot.
My youngest son has had his teddy bear caught up in the linen when the cleanining lady tidied our room I,ve filed a lost property form,I ask everyday about it but they just stare at u and shake their head.
The telephone in the room rang twice at 1 am waking us all up,the first choice rep was supposed to meet us at the airport on arrival but nowhere to be seen we paid for kids eat free card but never materialised until second week.
The food is expensive in hotel too all in all stay well away....so disappointed

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Markyoneandonly
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Dear Markyoneandonly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

321-206-4392

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We recently returned back from a 2 week stay at Coco keys, after readin reviews on here I wasnt to sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel was clean, rooms were spacious, waterpark was fun and hotel guest pool was a great place to chill out. Staff helpfull and friendly. Hotel resturant isnt very good and felt pizza hut was run by kids so didnt go back.
Hotel is great location on international drive for malls, shops, restaurants and bars. Local to sea world, universal, wet & wild etc. Only down side is Disney is a taxi ride away costing $30-40 each way, we spent a fortune as we were doing disney parks so my advise for people just doing Disney is to pay extra to stay at Disney as transfers to all their own parks are free but Coco key is great location for everything else..
Great holiday, 2nd time just as magical as 1st.

Room Tip: i would advise a room away from waterpark as the area is very busy and noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank asykes4
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Hello Asykes4,

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our family always take a vacation in July for our sons birthday. The past few years we have enjoyed staying at the Nick Hotel, but wanted to try something new this year. We arrived at the COCO KEY well before check in time to find our room was already avaialbe, and Tomeaka at the fornt desk was wonderful. She took time to take a couple family pictures for us. I can't say enough about Tomeaka's welcome. Once we were settled in our room we went to check out the water resort, and it was better then we expected. We never waited more then 5 minutes for a slide, and the life guards were always friendly. The arcade was was wonderful with all games functional. We are already planning an extended stay at CoCo Key Water Resort next year. If you want to have a fun affordable family vaction CoCo Key Water Resort in Orlando is the place to stay.

3  Thank lisamarie1215

Hello Lismarie1215,

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Overall the price for our stay per night + the $20 for the waterpark was not bad. The arcade and water parks were great. Also the restaurants and hotel store were reasonable. But the rooms were outdated and I didn't feel comfortable sleeping there. I would probably stay at another hotel and maybe do just the waterpark & arcade. Also there were lifeguards everywhere. So this resort took more than enough precautions for safety. The management staff however was rude and unresponsive. I lost an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses. When I called down to the desk to see if anyone had picked them up, I could not get through. After several attempts I finally got through and was hung up on twice. When I walked to the front desk, the person knew she hung up on me and tried her best to ignore me. When I asked the manager standing there for help he also ignored me and was clearly annoyed by my presense. After waiting there with the staff not acknowleding me, I finally gave up. They never looked for me and I never found them. I would be very nervous staying there again by the lack of help from the Management and personel at the front desk, in case something more serious should happen which would require their action.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank LynneM029
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves in guest service and the ability to follow up with any issues in a timely manner. Additionally, we will follow up with our housekeeping and front office departments to determine if your sunglasses are in our lost & found. Furthermore, we are glad that you enjoyed your time in our water park and hope that you reconsider and decide to stay with us again.