“COMFORTABLE STAY”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“COMFORTABLE STAY”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very clean, comfortable and spacious. Excellent breakfast. Staff are very very friendly and helpful. Stayed her for 2 weeks and have no major concerns.
I would have rated higher if the bathrooms were bigger, the sink is outside the shower and toilet room which is quite small. Also there is no guest laundry. These are just things for me that would make the stay perfect, but would certainly not put me off staying at this hotel again. It is close to universal and restaurants (walking distance). Close by is the bus stops for I drive trolley bus. All in all had a fantastic experience at this hotel.

2 Thank jgd058
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your stay. Your feedback is valuable to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will visit us again. Next time you stay with us please ask us about the laundry option we have available to our guests. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. The service at front desk was excellent. The hotel prices were excellent and the breakfast skillet was very good. The variety available at breakfast was very good not just cereals, toast and bagels. The biggest advantage was we could simply walk or take a shuttle to universal. Universal down town does not offer free parking like Disney and we saved a few bucks by staying here. The rooms were well kept, the WI-fi and TV channel line up were excellent and the staff gave us a room facing universal. I would highly recommend this hotel for people planing to visit the theme parks in Orlando.

1 Thank avvipin
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us about your great experience! I'm glad you enjoyed our convenient location right across the street from Universal Studios. We hope to see you again!
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Universal for 5 nights in May. The hotel is located very close to Universal and offers a free shuttle service. We had the most enthusiastic shuttle driver I have ever seen, Nash. He had us entertained with jokes, singing and dancing. The room was comfortable and clean, the beds were very comfortable. The room set up was very good with refrigerator and sink and a partially seperated lounge area. The bathroom was a little on the small side but still not a big deal. A free breakfast is provided in the morning which was good, however a bit crowded during our stay. The pool area is on the small side however most people are at a theme park so it was never busy or crowded. Parking was available onsite for free. I felt that we needed a car while we stayed there as there was not a huge choice for dining in the immediate area. If I was travelling to Orlando to visit Universal again, I would definitely choose the Hyatt Universal based on value, location and comfort.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alanac269
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with us and that you will return in the future! Thank you!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel was terrific for the price...free breakfast (not just coffee and danish, but eggs, cereal, oatmeal, etc.), free parking, free wi-fi, less than 4 miles from Disney parks and attractions...numerous high quality and moderately priced, casual restaurants in walking and driving distance. The room was clean, had a sectional sofa, mini-fridge and king-sized bed. Very good service from the front desk! Wer will definitely stay here on our next visit to Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay and we hope to see you again!
Orleans, Ontario
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at the Hyatt in May 2014.. Very good hotel, close to Universal and restaurants. My daughter was very sick one night and the hotel was very accomodating with breverage and food from the breakfast area even after hours.. Breakfast was good, rooms were clean and like the area with the couch so you didn"t feel to crowded especially that we were 4 in the room.. only thing I didnt like was the small bathroom.. I would definately stay there again !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dunkaroo
Hyatt01, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Universal, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter was sick on her vacation. I hope that she is feeling better now! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again!
Maryland
Reviewed May 25, 2014

No complaints -- good value and an easy walk to Universal Studios. The room was comfortable and well maintained, with a refrigerator and coffee maker. Breakfast and parking were included in the price.

My only complaint was the internet connection, which was erratic and slow.

2 Thank MarylandIrene
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad to hear your enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms and our complimentary breakfast and parking! Your feedback is important to us and we are looking into the issue you had with our complimentary Wi-fi, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you again!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Universal from Tuesday 6th - Tuesday 20th May 2014 and had a truly wonderful stay.

Landing at MCO, the hotel is easy to get to in 15 - 20 minutes and is well situated for all major attractions and business venues.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly - from the kitchen staff to the assistant general manager. Unfortunately I didn't get the names of everyone whom we would like to thank, but of those we did get we would like to thank Jenny, Valerie, Robert, Farah, Errol and Christina (I would be grateful if management would thank the lovely little Spanish lady who took the dishes away from the restaurant area and the cleaner on the seventh floor - both of whom did a great job and, just as importantly, were lovely to talk to).

We were over in Florida to get married at Siesta Key beach and it was lovely that some of the staff showed such an interest. On our wedding day, we even returned to find a card, cakes and a bottle of wine in our room. Service is very important to me and, based on this alone, staying at this hotel again is a very strong possibility.

The rooms were very comfortable and had a homely feeling. We were in a double room to begin with and I would have to agree, with other reviews, that the bathroom is small and there is just enough clearance between the door and the toilet. However, the bedroom itself was spacious with a nice seating area to unwind - this was a nice change to those hotels where the only place to sit on is a bed or at a workdesk. We were moved to a king bedded room/handicapped room which had a much larger bathroom on our third day, and this was handled very efficiently. When I realised there was no safe in the room, the ever pleasant Errol promptly brought one over to us. The hotel gives the impression that reported problems are going to be dealt with right away.

There is a simple, yet good, complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is understandable that some reviewers have found it limited on choice but, even though nothing is free these days, as an experienced traveller to the area, I am yet to come across a better priced hotel in this class that offers breakfast, wifi, parking, printing and a safe at no extra cost. I booked direct by telephoning the hotel and was particularly impressed that there were no hidden charges or extra taxes to pay - I paid the price I was told over the phone and not a dollar more on checking out. Most hotels in the area charge an extra service fee per night, which many foreign visitors are not made aware of and can often lead to having to pay an extra $200 dollars or so at the end of a two week stay. Thank you Hyatt for operating in this way so that I did not have to worry about potential costs at the end of the holiday (apart from extra services like phone calls and room service of course).

There is a small gym with several pieces of cardio equipment and a selection of light weights. The pool area is nice with towels provided, but was too cold for us to use.

Apart from the small bathroom in the double rooms and the slow and dated lifts, there are no significant negatives that I can point out with this hotel.

So I will conclude by saying that this hotel made us feel relaxed, like we were at home for two weeks...I don't think I can pay a better compliment than that.

Thank you everyone at Hyatt Universal and we hope to see you again!

x Paul and Sarah x

3 Thank babyreddevils
Hi Paul and Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us all about your stay. It sounds like you had a fantastic stay with us and I am very pleased to hear that! I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our Gallery Host's great guest service! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back on your next vacation to Orlando. Congratulations on your new marriage, we wish you both the best!