“A great find.”
Review of B Resort & Spa

B Resort & Spa
Ranked #126 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This company is a new brand and I was familiar with them from their first Miami location. If you are a fan of W hotels, then this resort is similar. I call it "W light" . This company took an old and run down Lake Buena Vista property and completely gutted it, and its about 90% finished, with the exception of the restaurant and a gift shop/snack bar area. The pool is finished. The pros - the decor, the chic room designs and colors , and comfortable lobby area and beds. The cons.... lets just say there's only so much you can do with a building from the 1980's with low ceilings and small doors leading into each room. In other words, it would be virtually impossible to ever turn this property anywhere close to a better 4 star property. However, for the price you will pay, it was certainly worth every dollar and then some, plus the complimentary hot breakfast set up in the banquet room, complimentary water and wi-fi, and a waiver of the resort fee were nice touches. The fitness center has all new cardio machines but they are not yet connected to the internet or tv's and there's limited free weights. I thought the $16 fee for self-parking was a tad on the expensive side, but overall, it was a very nice stay and I will give this hotel a 4 star rating compared to other hotels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the first floor with immediate access to the swimming pool. Your back door litera...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank David L
Rafael O, Front Office Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

David L, thank you for being amongst our first guests to experience B Resort & Spa after a complete redevelopment. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our guestroom and other added values during your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The B resort hotel in Orlando is simply amazing! It is Newly renovated with a modern twist! The room which we stayed in was excellent! The entire hotel staff was friendly, kind and extremely helpful- A special shout out and thank you goes to Francesco Schiavone with the B hotel staff/expedia who helped us immensely with our trip planning and Disney and Universal ticket purchasing! He was extremely helpful and made things very easy for us!

The hotel pool opened during our visit and it was very nice! Can't wait to see what the spa and restaurant will look like when they are complete. Look forward to staying with B resort when we come to Orlando again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank NK0517
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed on this property prior to renovation a few years back, and while it was ok then, it's wonderful now. Very chic and modern decor that goes beyond the veneer. Friendly staff, comfortable beds and a nice pool area. The restaurant and spa were not open yet, but that was no bother to me. The hotel did offer a very nice complimentary breakfast to make up for this. I'm not sure what the price of this would have normally been, but it was delicious and worth probably $10-12pp. If you're a workout junky or need on-site dining, wait a few weeks. Otherwise don't hesitate on staying at this beautiful resort.

Quick tip to parents: there's an open stack of goodies (priced $5 each) and an adorable stuffed animal on the bed ($29) when you walk in. If you have the sort of kid who opens first and asks questions later, ask the staff to remove these items prior to check-in.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the B Resort on June 17th to 20th. They were having a soft opening. The restaurant, pool, exercise room and spa weren't ready. VERY SOFT OPENING. The staff was very accommodating as they realized things weren't up to par at the hotel. I was able to workout at the DoubleTree Suites next store, which helped matters. Also, I got moved to a very advantageous room. The most important thing to understand about this hotel is that its an 18 story hotel right on the I-4. I was in room 1202, after a couple of room changes, which faced Hotel Plaza Blvd. I can't imagine being in a room that faces the freeway, because I like a quiet room. Also, please be aware that all rooms facing Hotel Plaza Blvd. are not created equally; two rooms facing Hotel Plaza Blvd. border an elevator which goes up the exterior of the hotel, which is a nice feature, but you can hear the cables in the rooms bordering this elevator. The staff seemed amazingly unprepared for the opening, but were very nice. I am sure this will not be a factor in a couple weeks. Also, they did have a complimentary beer and wine service from 6-7. A couple of final points, the air conditioning systems in the room were very noisey and the curtains offered no blackout effect, which will ensure you awake in time to arrive at the parks early. My rating of a three is generous, and is based on the fact that the hotel has potential. The decor was very nice and the lobby had a resorty feel. However, I would only stay in this hotel if I was in a non-freeway facing room that didn't border the external elevator, which is probably about 60-80 rooms in the hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel Plaza Blvd. facing that don't border the external elevator
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank David_Aggie
Rafael O, Front Office Manager at B Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

David_Aggie, thank you for sharing your recent experience at our resort. I am disappointed to read that our resort did not exceed your expectations during your stay. You were amongst the first guests to experience our product following a remarkable redevelopment. I have shared your comments with the rest of the leadership team at the resort for their review and I assure the necessary steps will be taken to address these areas of opportunity. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Orlando area.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Greeted by friendly valet. Front desk was also nice. Could not have asked for a better stay. Room was gorgeous and relaxing.
Friendly staff, awesome breakfast. Loved the decorating. Just beautiful. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Karlap1313
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We live in Miami, and decided to take a little trip to Orlando. I had a hard time deciding on a hotel and at the last minute decided to take a chance on the B Resort. SO GLAD I DID!!! We actually drove past the hotel we originally planned to stay in, and were horrified. The B Resort is just as gorgeous, if not better than the website photos. [can't say that for our originally reserved hotel]. The decor is white and clean - very reminiscent of an upscale, boutique hotel in South Beach. Our room was lovely. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. Even though we saw families around, we were not bothered by noise from other rooms. Would not stay anywhere else in Orlando ever again. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make our stay so enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: We got the cheapest room, defined as "Chic". Felt just like a regular room in any hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed in the first week the B was open and were very impressed with the staff attentiveness and the decor. The room was excellent and the bathroom was spacious. The bed was a highlight due to its comfort! We loved our stay and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family