“Went here on a whim and it was awesome!”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #70 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Came to Orlando for Supercross and just happened to stop by here one afternoon. They have the best margaritas and Mexican food. I wish they had a Chuys in Boston!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We arrived at 10:50 p.m., with closing time at 11:00 p.m. I asked the hostesss if they were still seating, and she replied "yes" as she helped a guest with a t-shirt purchase. She clearly wasn't in a hurry to get us in, which I took as a good sign we wouldn't be chased out.

On heading to the dining area the booth where the hostess was to seat us was dirty, and it was under the speaker for the music, which was extremely loud. We sat at a table near the kitchen and door to the patio, which wouldn't be our first pick as the door to the patio opens and closes frequently and cold air comes in, plus the walkway is tight and the waiters/waitresses are constantly squeezing between the table and the door. Unfortunately there wasn't anywhere else to sit since they were preparing to close.

It took 10 minutes before we were brought chips, and another 5 minutes before we saw the waitress. Once the waitress came over to take our order she was very accommodating as I have food intolerences. She checked with the chef and gave me the food options which fit my dietary constraints.

The food took about 15-20 minutes, in the meantime we ate 3 baskets of light and crispy tortilla chips with excellent fresh salsa. While we waited for our food a nearby table of ten were extremely loud with the guests trying to make themselves heard across the table, competing with the music.

My daughter had the Blue Corn Stacked Chicken Enchilada. The blue corn tortillas were tasty as was the chicken and the sauce. The dish cost roughly $10 and could have been split by two people. My husband had a huge beef sirloin burrito with a homemade tortilla. It was roughly $9. He ate the other half of my daughter's dish and took 1/2 of his burrito back to the condo as the burrito reheats better than the chicken enchilada which had sour cream. My husband typically doesn't like Tex-Mex as it isn't authentic enough for his tastes, but he thoroughly enjoyed the food. Our exchange student ordered the Baja tacos with shrimp and I ordered them with fish. The check grilled my fish rather than frying it and it was mild and flaky. The tacos were roughly $9 each. The tacos had homemade tortillas which were light and perfectly cooked. We each brought home a taco. Our total bill was $40.

If the restaurant wasn't so loud, and the service alittle slow to start with, I would have given them 5 stars. I will definitely eat at a Chuys again, should I ever have the opportunity. The chips, tortillas, excellent choices on the menu, and the prices make this restaurant a find.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The best the best the best! Friendly staff awesome food! Point blank period!!

The best the best the best! Friendly staff awesome food! Point blank period!!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here as IDrive was busy with long queues in most restaurants. Just chanced it and we were so happy we did. It's great tex mex/ Mexican. The food had so much flavour and the portions were generous. My wife had fajitas and declared them the best Mexican she'd ever had and her best meal in Orlando. Kids were treated really well and there good was good too.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I stopped at this place at the last minute because I had heard such rave reviews from my hotel coworkers. This place is NOT to be missed! Extremely reasonable/affordable authentic tex mex. I consider myself an expert on all mexican american food and this place hits all the right dishes. You must try the queso! Do not miss the chili rellenos. The beef is amazing. And if God is smiling upon you, you will hit this place between 4 and 7 for the happy hour queso bar. The service staff is extremely attentive and friendly without getting in the way. The employees are happy which means a lot to me! The owner and manager are so friendly and welcoming. Its still fun and loud without breaking the bank! Musics great! Decor is kitschy and fun! Elvis will be waiting for you out front.