Lowest prices for your stay
$149
Free cancellation until 10/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$149
Hotels.com$149
Travelocity$149
Priceline$134
1,392 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies front desk business trip great stay breakfast buffet starbucks refrigerator accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019

Surprised by the great reviews. However the staff is very friendly and nice. The rooms are extremely clean. But it does seem like the hotel needs some updating. One review mentioned the ugly purple tables with claw feet. Everyone has their own taste, but I think these need to go. Nice lake to walk around in the back, but I was warned by an employee in one of the business parks in the area to watch out for wildlife. Since my husband was in business meetings, I checked out the restaurants in the area. Good barbecue and Italian in the area. Nice Starbucks. My main complaint, is that after spending the afternoon at the pool, our room was not clean at 4 PM. I had to ask them to clean my room next. And then after getting out of the shower, there was a knock at the door, from maintenance saying that they were here to fix the shower leak. Everyone is polite, but I had no idea that he was coming. Also would be nice to have a refrigerator in the room. No advantages, for Hilton honors members.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
503waynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando East-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dear Kelsey,
Thank you for your review. I am especially grateful for the information regarding our staff member's attempt to address repairs in your guest room. I will review this with my Front Desk team as they must call prior to dispatching maintenance to an occupied guest room. Hilton is very focused on reviewing all design plans for their hotels and did so prior to our conversion to the DoubleTree brand. The furniture that you mentioned will be replaced during the next renovation cycle. Thank you complimenting our staff for their hospitality.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

My husband and I were there on a weekend and this hotel was so understaffed. They had so many groups staying at the hotel and they were not prepared!
The restaurant area for breakfast on Sat morn. was mass confusion. There were so many people in line for food (20 or more) and there was only one chef to make eggs to order and waffles. I ordered scrambled eggs with some veggies and the chef put what appeared to be a 1/4 cup of oil in the pan, he added the veggies and eggs. There was so much oil he had a hard time cooking the eggs and gave me greasy, flat eggs nothing that resembled scrambled eggs and I couldn't eat them. I lost my appetite with all of the oil he put in the pan, They offer bagels but only put out a few and I asked for a plain bagel and they said they didn't have any however I overheard someone requesting one at a nearby table.
The window sills in the dining room were dirty, and had bugs on them. I guess no one ever pulls back the curtains to clean them. The tables in the bar area were still dirty from the night before as well as the couches in the area. You could see food smeared on the tables and no one bothered to clean them.
I used the restroom near the bar area and one of the stalls had toilet paper all over the toilet and the floor. I told the front desk ladies so they could get someone to clean it but they didn't seem appreciative that it was called to their attention, nor did they seem to care. OK then!
The bar area was nice and the bartender did a great job considering how many people he was serving on both Fri & Sat night. We ordered a flatbread and wings. the wings were good but they didn't bother to cook the flatbread. I don't like eating mushy dough.
Another reviewer said the decor was awful and they were right. I don't know who picked out the decor but they must have been colorblind. There are strange, tall pieces furniture that are a horrible maroon color with gold clawed feet. I never figured out what purpose they served besides adding a touch of ugly. The hallways were so hot. I guess they were trying to save on A/C and the elevators took for ever.
If you are looking for a nice, clean hotel in the area look elsewhere. I have never stayed at a Doubletree that was this tired and dirty and I will never stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
503waynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando East-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Dear Dfwtravelgirly,
Thank you for your detailed and candid review following your recent weekend stay. Quite frankly, I am not surprised as to the level of product and service you experienced. The volume of business in the restaurant and lounge was far greater that we normally expect and we were under prepared and overwhelmed. Prior to receiving your review I did meet with our Food & Beverage Manager and we discussed in detail what happened over the weekend and how we can better anticipate business levels and be more prepared going forward. There are however, several items in your review that bear immediate corrective action and are not based on a spike in business volume. This includes the cleanliness of the window sill and the tabletops in the lounge. Additionally, we will address the over usage of oil with our omelete chef along with the timeliness of supplying all of our breakfast buffet items and a review of the prep standard for the flatbread. Also, our front desk team must demonstrate a greater sense of urgency and appreciate opportunities that are received for our guests. Your review is sincerely appreciated and will serve as another building block in our journey of constant improvement. We did miss on our goal this weekend to provide an Excellent guest experience and only ask that you give us another opportunity to do so.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

The room was clean and comfortable. The food was average at best. This hotel also serves as a dormitory for athletes, so the food was plain yet plentiful. Thankfully, Starbucks was a short walk across the street. For the price, it is an excellent value.
My disappointment came with 1 issue. The TV did not work, BTW, but my issue was with the front desk. I stood there before leaving waiting for 2 clerks to answer my inquiry. They both finished their phone conversations, so I was to assume that I would be next. However, I waited for several more phone calls until I decided to walk away. I am a Hilton Honors member for many years. I suppose I expected too much.

Room tip: Do not get a room that can be connected to the next. My neighbors were so loud. Try for an end unit also.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
503waynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando East-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Shelley T,
Thank you for your review and for you constructive feedback regarding the servcie you experienced from our front desk staff. The sequence of business tasks that you described should have naturally flowed to greet you in a timely manner instead of continuing to neglect your presence. I have already asked our front desk leadership team to look into your experience and guide our front desk staff with this training opportunity. I want to personnally thank you for being loyal to the Hilton family of brands as a Hilton Honors member. Please contact me if your travel plans include a return trip to the UCF area and I attend to your reservation and accommodations personally.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

This site does not have a microwave or refrigerator in the room. My room also had ants for the duration of my visit. Additionally, I never received new cups/glasses and had to ask bartender for those items. I would not recommend this location.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
503waynes, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando East-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear Explore60438078957,
Thank you for your review and also for your very constructive comments regarding the servicing and condition of your guest room. Please note that our CARE Line is in place and designed for you to use to convey any issues that may arise during your stay and our staff will respond immediately with a resolution. Granted, the product and service deviations you encountered are areas that should be detected prior to your stay and delivered without fail during your stay. I assure you that I will forward your review to my staff for their respective focus and corrective action.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

We checked in on April 6 2019 for two nights. The hotel and property is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. The room was excellent only I wish it had a fridge. The front desk people greeted us with friendly smiles and went out of their way to help us. Dwayne and Mallory were outstanding at the front desk. The hotel was within three miles of family which was great. We Will definitely recommend it to our friends.

Dear Martha L,
Thank you for your review and wonderful comments from your guest experiences. We are pleased that our front desk team was helpful and in particular, Dwayne & Mallory were "outstanding". Your vow to recommend the DoubleTree Orlando East - UCF Area Hotel is a priceless endorsement for which we are very grateful.