“In my opinion, worth it!”

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Ranked #4 of 126 Shopping in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a royal salon where young Guests are magically transformed into little princesses and knights, located at: World of Disney Store at Disney Springs and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom theme park. Please note, all Guests must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We visited the middle of March 2014. Originally, I was hoping to have the "princess" experience at a character meal, but realized too late that you needed to book 6 months in advance if you wanted to get a reservation! As a read/researched all things Disney, I came across the princess makeover experience at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I was able to make a reservation at the Downtown Disney location (with plenty of choice of day/time) 6 weeks in advance. We chose to have the appointment at 3 in the afternoon. I was told to arrive 15 minutes in advance. We happened to arrive 25 minutes in advance but was unable to sign in until only 15 minutes prior. (This gave us time to wander around the HUGE Disney store.) We waited about another 10 minutes (after sign-in) before all three of my girls were seated. As many others mention, there isn't much seating but I found parents are coming and going so it didn't take long before a seat opened up. We brought a dress from home for each of our girls and selected the lowest package, which included hairstyle of choice with tiara, barrette, comb, makeup, and bag. I also paid an extra $5 for two bottles of nail polish so each of the girls could have their nails painted (and bottles brought home.) All of my girls LOVED the experience! The smiles on their face were worth every penny!!! In my opinion, the 45 minute makeover was worth more than a meal with Cinderella (who maybe they would have spent 5 minutes with and whom they met at a character meet and greet anyways.) Disney photographers took some great pictures throughout the makeover (which you can view at home whether you choose to buy a photo package or not) but we were also allowed to take our own photos, as well. Outside of the Disney store there are some good murals/princess statues to take further pictures of your princess after her makeover. I was also told there was a Princess parade your child could participate in, however, we didn't have the time to stick around/wait until it began, as the parade is only at certain times during the day. After all of our time at Disney, this was definitely one of the top experiences and memories!

7  Thank Heidi H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our first trip to Disney so when I heard about the Boutique I knew my almost 4 year old daughter HAD to do it! I only made reservations a month in advance so we were only able to get into the Downtown Disney location, not the Magic Kingdom location.

We arrived about 15 minutes prior to our appointment time. The place was absolutely PACKED. I then proceeded to stand in line for about 15 minutes. I reached the desk AT our appointment time and was then given a pager and had to wait another 15-20 minutes. When we did get back there, there was very limited seating space for parents/grandparents.

The pricing is a little high but to be expected I think. It was our first time and we had saved up for this occasion. I did buy a $20 Walmart princess dress prior to our trip so I could just do the hair/makeup package. Then I promptly forgot the dress at home. As she sat there getting her hair done and looking wistfully at all the girls in dresses, this mommy caved. I refused to do the $200 package so I bought her the $65 dress but went with the (cheapest) coach package. Her nails were already painted and she didn't NEED the wand and shoes and picture frame etc. So we made it out in a princess dress with crown at $120.

My 5 year old son also got the knight package, at a steal, for $15.95. He loves his new shield and sword which despite being made of foam are QUITE well made and durable!

I feel like they should have a much bigger facility for such a popular activity with more appropriate staffing and waiting room. Not only was the boutique crowded, it's in the back corner of a very very busy store and it was very claustrophobic feeling! Compared to lines/waits we experienced everywhere else this was the worst. It just felt poorly managed. Lastly, I wished ALL the fairy godmothers were super outgoing and kid-friendly...we seemed to have gotten a dud in the personality department.

Overall I am glad we did it for our first Disney trip and my kids loved the outcome. But as parents, the experience was not what it could have been or should have been for the price involved and compared to the service we received everywhere else at Disney. Not sure if the Magic Kingdom location is any better!

6  Thank S-FamilyO4
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I want to give this a A+ Rating . Our Experience was Magical . It was my daughter's 6 th Birthday . Our Gairy God Mother was So friendly and made my daughter feel special. We did the whole package and was def worth it she still has everything from it . She sure did feel like a princess . We loved the added photo Shoot and free pics with it . The staff was friendly . Be prepared to be Teary eyed when you step foot into the change room when you see your daughter's stuff laid out it gives you a glimpse into the future to her wedding day def a bitter sweet moment. We also attended the Mickey's not so scary halloween party so she was already dressed for it . Loved Loved Loved this Experience at Down town Disney . Male your reservations as soon as you can .

6  Thank Crystal S
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Look, I get it. I wanted my daughter's first Disney experience to be magical, too. This was screaming "a must!" for my 4 year old, and a friend recommended it as well. I brought my own dress for her which saved me about $40. Be prepared to spend about $65 on the dress alone if you buy it there. My daughter who has beautiful, naturally curly hair walked out looking like she had a plastic helmet on her head. She chose one of four hairdos, and the one she picked (the one every girl picks) was a slicked back bun pulled so tightly to her head, it hurt to even look at it. The makeup was a bit much for a 4 year old but that was the point, I suppose. Throw in the fairy dust (that anyone can get for free just by stopping in and asking!) and all the other goodies, and my daughter was happy. She twirled and primped for about 15 minutes. Then she started to complain about her hair hurting. I started to take it out on the ride home. The whole experience was good, friendly staff and all in character, but at the end of the day - my daughter and every other girl walking around from the boutique looked a little ridiculous. Okay, a lot ridiculous. My daughter looked like, well, someone else's daughter. My heart sank at the final product. Once was enough. I ended up walking around feeling like I was one of the mothers who "fell for it", while other girls were comfortable in shorts and sneakers, hair flowing and smiling. Bah humbug to this one.

11  Thank Keiki622
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived about 10 mins late due to the awful traffic and parking situation at Downtown Disney. When we checked in, they were so nice about it. We didn't wait more than 5 min before being called back. Our fairy godmother was a sweet college girl. My 3 year old talked her leg off. My daughter never even wants me to brush her hair but she sat there for 45 min and was a perfect angel. She was transformed into Ariel. It is a bit pricey but worth it to see her so happy. When we returned to Downtown Disney a few days later, she wanted to do it again. We will certainly make an appt the next time we are on vacation there.

3  Thank fantasia07