“a Nice experience for girls and guys but expensive. Research and be prepared!”

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Ranked #3 of 120 Shopping in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a royal salon where young Guests are magically transformed into little princesses and knights, located at: World of Disney Store at Disney Springs and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom theme park. Please note, all Guests must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older.
Pittsburgh
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“a Nice experience for girls and guys but expensive. Research and be prepared!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We took my grand daughter and let her have the works. We made reservations 180 days in advance and were able to schedule a luncheon reservation about two hours after our appointment at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was amazing to watch her face at 7 as she enjoyed being pampered in this special way. We prepared that morning with a shampoo and shower and a good brush out, better to get the knots out at home than to let a stranger do it. First you pick your costume and are escorted to the dressing rooms( very royal) to change. The costumes are different than the ones in the Disney store and some of the accessories are also not available in quite the same format. The prices are slightly higher and there are no sales. They did seem to be well stocked, though on our next trip we will call a week in advance to make sure they have the size ten in the character she wants. My only regret is that though she has a full thick head of hair , no attempt was made to take advantage of it. They pull it back in a tight bun and it is very well jelled. I am sure this is to make sure that it lasts until you want to take it out. They are very gently made up and all with major courtesy and etc. The finished product was cute and she was thrilled with the whole process and makeup and nail polish of her own to play with later. We got one of my grandsons done up as a knight and they allowed us to purchase an extra sword and shield for my other grandson who was only 2 1/2. The boys are very inexpensive and the process is quicker though they enjoyed all the pomp and circumstance that girls enjoyed. He loved it and he is as rough and tumble as they come. I was recently surprised by him( now age 6) during a discussion of a possible return trip to Disney because he said he would not like to be a pirate over at the pirates of the Caribbean but he would like to go with his little brother and sister to be a knight again and have lunch with the princesses. Kids are funny but I will say that they were greeted by every character they met with "How do you do you highness, etc." When Jasmine came by our table she addressed her as my Jasmini and told her to wave to her in the parade that night. When we got to see her in the parade Charlee is sure that she waved just to her. I don't think she is over it yet! A picture package is included with the full costume package and those pictures are priceless. They are taken across the courtyard in a studio setting. He took one or two of Charlee and then some with all the kids acting like a princess and her knight protectors. The kids still love to see those. Disney picture takers are all over the salon and you can take your own during the process. But it is crowded and very busy. Then don't miss a chance to have lunch or breakfast with Cinderella and her gang. Soooo much fun to watch them become part of the whole make believe atmosphere. Please read the literature and know what you want ahead of time and don't wait to offer your child something they want and then find out you can't afford. If they are not getting to buy their costume in the shop, don't surprise them but dress them ahead of time. We saw some very unhappy little girls who came in prepared to shop and then were crying when they were told they were only getting their hair done. You really want to go in prepared and probably limit them to one princess or the other. Kids that age get a little overwhelmed easily. They should know if you are going to purchase all the accessories or just the costume ahead of time. I guess what I am saying is don't set your darling up for disappointment. Plan ahead!

Visited November 2012
8 Thank Barbara K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth every penny.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My daughters are 5 and 6 and it was their first time to Disney so I thought thids would be nice for them. They really liked it. Their fairy godmothers were so sweet and gentle. They didnt make us feel rushed at all. Everything came out perfect. I do suggest that you convince your kids to get an outfit that is fresh because I saw some miserable little girls walking around Disney looking very hot and uncomfortable.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank kkgu
Gaffney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A must-do for your princess”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I heard of this from a friend who did it so we decided to try it for my 6 year old neice and she LOVED it! The booking process was easy but check-in was a bit chaotic. The staff could have been more clear as to what each package was and was it entailed. We put the dress on our princess and I would recommend having your dress on your princess or bringing one. Her fairy god mother in training was pleasant, nothing over the top but good. It didn't take much time once she got into the chair. To sum it up, it is overpriced, we did courtyard package and it included hair, nails, makeup, tutu, shirt and bag for over $100. There is not a lot of room to sit and watch your princess get made up and extremely crowded. The staff were overall friendly but we did it for her and so we enjoyed it. Overall, I recommend it.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank jordannat
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Expensive but well worth it..my daughter had an amazing time. Book early as it seems they take more time when appointments haven't backed up.
We went to downtown disney and although I think the staff could be even more attentive than they were, they were still pleasant and friendly..
The booking in process wasn't very special, as this was a surprise for my daughter it took the special element away a little..however my daughter looked beautiful and the dress she chose was high quality and it was magical.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank elsiduk
Cincy
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great experience for daughter - stylist need more training on African-American hair!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My daughter loved her experience at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She left feeling like a princess, and I was impressed at all of the 'goodies' that she got to bring home. She still played with her makeup and bag well after the event. My only watchouts for other visitors are twofold:
1) Wait - even though this experience requires a reservation (be sure to make yours in advance of going to Disney), we still had to wait about 45 minutes before being serviced. I was disappointed given the reservation system. We went to the Downtown Disney location - although there is plenty to see in the store, we were reluctant to move too far from the salon, fearing we would not hear our name called.

2) More experience with African-American hair - when we made the reservation and when I confirmed our reservation on site, I specifically asked to ensure my daughter's 'Fairy Godmother" had experience in all types of hair. I was assured that the staff saw 'all different types of princesses' and would be equipped to style any type of hair. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Our stylist was simply unable to style my daughter's thick hair into the bun she requested. Ultimately, another stylist (or perhaps she was the manager) came over and completed the style. However, I would have preferred if we could have had this stylist from the beginning.

Overall a great experience, but I would reiterate to the staff if you need a stylist with special skills.

Visited June 2013