“Great idea...too pricey”

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Ranked #3 of 125 Shopping in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a royal salon where young Guests are magically transformed into little princesses and knights, located at: World of Disney Store at Disney Springs and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom theme park. Please note, all Guests must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great idea...too pricey”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I brought my granddaughter to get her princess makeover on Monday. She was SUPER EXCITED (& so were we). My excitement turned sour after about 15-20u minutes because they don't really have the supplies 'for African American hair,' says our stylist. She was absolutely beautiful immediately after the $200 makeover but they really need to get supplies for ALL races & hair textures.

4 Thank SharelS_13

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked the boutique in advance at the downtown location, and was very disappointed. Appointments were made for my son and daughter. Son = brave knight. Daughter = princess
What a joke. First they did not take us on time, then instead of putting kids side by side , they took one at a time. I spent 1 1/2 hrs there.
The technician was very inexperienced with social skills and ability to "do" hair. My daughter has a page boy cut, and we wanted a simple tiara, some glitter ........ They slicked my daughters hair up the side of her head and had a tiny little tuft to make into a bun. My disparaging facial expressions were saved for my husband, who kept coming in and out of the boutique to see if we were finished yet. When my daughter began to wince at the pulling of her hair I immediately asked for the manager. I spoke quietly with her, sharing my disappointment . She ignored what I had to say and continued to let the same girl work on her. I finally said in a stern voice to wrap it up because we were leaving . The technician was CRYING. Not once was I rude to her. My daughter should have been crying with the way her hair looked. I wanted to cry because I had just payed 60 bucks for my daughter to look like Honey Boo Boo.

5 Thank elizabeth d
Saint Louis, Missouri
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Princess Experience!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our Princess was turned into a princess by fairy godmothers in training. She was treated like royalty. Getting a princess dress, crown, hair done, nails painted, makeup done, & a photo shoot. A must for a little Princess!

2 Thank ajr2005
Glasgow
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Mixed views”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We opted for the full package. On arrival to book in we were asked which princess each girl wanted to be. So we had a quick look at the dresses and the girls made their decision. We noticed that the dresses were not ankle length and therefore asked at booking for the size up - as we knew our girls wanted long dresses. This was ignored and we had to request them again in the fitting room. The experience you get is very dependent on the dresser you are allocated. Most of the mums looked stressed but the girls did feel like princesses and my daughter was beaming albeit with a red hair piece on top of her beautiful blonde hair! Both girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves and its an experience they are unlikely to get anywhere else.
The photographs are taken elsewhere in downtown disney. The photographer and aid in our case was terrible and as a result the photographs were very poor. The aid knocked my daughters crown and then continued to take the majority of the photographs with her crown misplaced - which my young daughter noticed straight away in the photographs. I am glad we did it becuase the girls faces were a picture - but I have to say I personally have very mixed feelings about it.

3 Thank SueMc17
Yorkshire
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Just for the kids”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our friends took their daughter to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique which was magicalo, its where Princesses can create their own wands, fill their own jewellery boxes, and explore a stunning array of storybook delights. The salon is owned by Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother and operated by her Godmothers-in-Training. They’re wondrous with faux hair, accessories, jewels, beads, nail paints and other niceties. Three royal hair styles: fairy tale princess, pop princess or Disney diva. The boutique is open to princesses ages 3 and up, its not cheap but the kids will love it.
We went to the one at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney Marketplace, I understand there is one inside Cinderella’s Castle as well.

Visited December 2012