“A magical experience for our daughter's birthday”

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Ranked #3 of 119 Shopping in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a royal salon where young Guests are magically transformed into little princesses and knights, located at: World of Disney Store at Disney Springs and Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom theme park. Please note, all Guests must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or older.
South Yorkshire, UK
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“A magical experience for our daughter's birthday”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked our daughter in to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney for her 8th Birthday. We booked this a few months in advance so as to guarantee an appointment. I'm glad we did as the queue was very long for walk up appointments.
My daughter loved every special minute. She was immediately addresses as Princess Jessie and wished happy birthday. She was given a pager to hold until her place was ready and we only waited 3 minutes. The Fairy Godmother in training who dealt with our daughter was lovely and chatted to her throughout. She could pick from a number of hairstyles, make up and nail polish. Our daughter doesn't usually like her hair being combed but didn't complain or flinch at all. All the girls are made up with their backs to the mirror ready for the big reveal! We had the Photopass and their was a photographer present through all the stages of the makeover and was ready for the grand reveal when our daughter was turned around after saying the magic words! This was a magic moment to see the smile on her face. She looked beautiful and felt very special. Her hair, sparkle, face jewel, make up, nails looked lovely. It was magical.
We bought her the $59.95 package as she already had a Belle dress. This included hair style, sparkles, face jewellery, nails, Mickey hair clips, sash and bag that contained all the above items.
Our daughter got a lot of attention that day with people wishing her happy birthday and admiring her makeover.
After the makeover we took her to the Photopass center in Downtown Disney where a Photopass photographer took pictures of her posing against backdrops. Got some lovely pictures here. Not many people are aware of this. I believe their is a rose garden at the Magic Kingdom where you can do the same.
Finally, at 2pm at the World Of Disney store the madeover princesses gather with the Fairy Godmothers to star in a parade. They walk through Downtown Disney together waving and blowing kisses to people walking by the parade. Again, the Photopass photographer follows and snaps the parade. A lovely experience.
We got some fantastic pictures from start to finish of the makeover, then the studio and finally the parade.
Our daughter fully enjoyed the whole few hours and then the rest of the day as a princess.

6 Thank lacost69

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Could have been better”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

During our Disney vacation (Feb 2013) I took my 4 ½ year old daughter to the BBB, and I have mixed feelings over the experience. We booked the Castle package, so after she put on her new dress, she was ready for hair and makeup! We were given 3 choices for hairstyles, all of them were up. I watched as other stylists were pulling hair really tight and shellacking it into a bun. My daughter hates having her hair combed and she winced after the first couple passes. I asked the stylist, “Is it going to hurt at all having her hair pulled up so tight?” The response was a shrug and “a little.” I asked my daughter if she just wanted to leave it down and just put in the sparkle. She said yes, so I asked the stylist to do that instead. I was told that was impossible, that it had to be up. I argued with her for a couple minutes before she called a manager over to tell me that those were the rules. I told her that we were done if this could not be accommodated. She told me “well you still have to pay for the accessories.” It made me feel cheap and I thought the comment was out of line. I wanted all the extras because my daughter loves to put makeup on, well, everyone/everything.

They finally agreed to the hair being down and then the stylist started to ask her questions, as they painted her nails. The questions were trying to quiz my daughter on the princesses, but my daughter got tripped up on the first question. The stylist would not let it go, asking the same question another 4 times, becoming somewhat pushy. I finally told her, “She doesn’t know, move on.” It was a painful experience.

My entire time at Disney was magical, my daughters had the time of their lives. I hate writing about this one bad experience considering how incredibly amazing the rest of the Disney personnel are, but I wanted to provide a warning to others. Maybe I should not have taken her given the fact that she doesn’t like her hair combed, or may be a little shy, but I wanted her to have her day as a princess. You may ask though, “After all that, how can you still say that I only have "mixed" feelings on the experience?” Well, after all was said and done, my daughter looked up at me at the register and said, "Can I do that again Daddy?"

12 Thank Nick B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

It is a bit dear but u got to keep the makeup plate and the nail polish if it is in cluded in the package

Over all it was great

By the way you are more Likely to get a resarashion if you go to the one in down town disney

2 Thank Mel9455431
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A must do”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

So very cute! A must do for any little girl or boy. My daughter went and loved it! It's a bit expensive but in my opinion was totally worth it my husband even thought it was very cute. The one thing of advice I would say book early its very busy and can be difficult to get an appointment. And bring your own dress no need to pay for those expensive prices.

3 Thank RKL1
Brampton, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Princess perfect, as usual”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is the second year that we visited the Boutique at Magic Kingdom. This year, we included the knight package for our son as well. My 7 year old was thrilled to have the princess makeover again. Bang for your buck-this is one experience you can't afford to miss. It was under $80 for both kids to have the makeovers. To save a few dollars, we purchased our daughters dress back at home. Our "knight" loved getting colourful gel & confetti in his hair, and our "princess" couldn't have been more excited to have her make-up done, nails painted and hair transformed. They let the kids pick everything out themselves, and each child receives a surprise at the end of the session. Our daughter got a backpack, with all her make-up & nail polish & stickers. Our son got a sheild and sword to take with him. We worth every penny spent. our daughter spent the day being complimented by every cast member, and plenty of vacationers walking by. She felt like a real princess all day long-and it made our photo's for the day extra special.

5 Thank Sarah G