“Wonderful Relaxation”
Review of Mandara Spa

Mandara Spa
Ranked #8 of 68 Spas & Wellness in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: From the Sanskirt legend about the gods' quest to find the secret to eternal youth and beauty, Mandara Spa transcends time and nurtures the mind, body and spirit. Here, the beautiful Balinese tradition of healing touches melds with European methods and local cultural influences for an experience as luxurious as it is therapeutic and as magical as it is real. This 10,500 square-foot sanctuary features 14 treatment rooms, full-service salon, Meru Temple relaxation lounge, tea garden, and sun deck.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Lewiston, Idaho
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Wonderful Relaxation”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My partner and I both had facials and massages here. Both of us greatly enjoyed both of our treatments and both of us enjoyed ourselves.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank happy_go_lucky_guy

knoxville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Big Waste of Money!”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I love massages. When ever my family and I stay at a resort , (2-3 times a year) we love to treat ourselves to a massage. I have done couples massages with both my husband and daughter. When I am home, I try to get a massage atleast once a month. In other words I know a good massage from a bad one.
I don't recall the name of the man that massaged me, but he was very disappointing. When we talked for a few minutes prior to the massage, he spoke very highly of himself , and his experience. He impressed me, until he started my massage. First of all he massaged me over the sheet for a good 20 minutes. I am fit, clean, well groomed middle aged woman. He acted like I had leprosy! When he finally began the massage, it was terrible. None of his massage strokes were smooth, he poked and jabbed me. He did not massage my arms, hands or feet. I had to ask him to do my head, and he seemed put out. He barely touched my scalp and stayed in the same spot, almost making it annoying.
The spa is attractive and relaxing. The changing area is extremely small. There is one tiny corner with a curtain for one person at a time to change in privacy. Also, I was shocked to see that an expensive, upscale spa such as this, did not have any products for their clients to use. They only had the usual shampoo, conditoner and soap dispenser in the shower that you find at any public gym. Wheres the body lotion? They are stingy with the towels too!
For $130.00 for a 50 minute massage, I want to feel good and I want to feel like I was pampered. This is not the case. Also, when my husband paid our bill, no one mentioned to him that the 20% gratuity was included. He generously gave each of our massage therapists an additonal 20% and they just accepted it infront of the cashier and never told us that it was already taken care of! They try to push their products too. It was annoying. Also, when I was checking out, I could hear the cashier offering other clients some "extra coupons" to lower their bill, that she just happened to come across after we paid full price. Seriously, don't waste your money!!!

9 Thank cheermom15
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Did not start off good, but got better !”
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I was at the Mandara Spa (The Portofino location) not long ago with my friend we used the facilities as well as had a spa treatment. The front desk receptionist Ashley was not the most friendliest and kind of brushed us off. But our therapist Emille and spa host Waitman made up for it. being a native of New York and going to many spa's throughout have i ever encountered continuous customer service fron the welcome i got as the tour begin to when Emille picked me up and the many questions and I had for Waitman he just answered to the best of his ability went out of his way to keep up on what I needed from razors to check the temp of the Jacuzzi - Thank You so much and I will visit your spa again in the near future its employees like you that make us business men forget the deadlines we have to make to let us take a day off to relax,unwind, and realize there is more to life than work. Emille the massage was wonderful !

3 Thank NYBMan
northern Michigan
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“beautifully decorated”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I had a hot stone aromatherapy massage at Mandara Spa in the Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World. My massage therapist was a young woman named Denise and she did an excellent job. She had strong, firm, capable hands. She listened to my few special requests and was otherwise quiet and peaceful.

I was mildly disappointed that the spa did not have any pools at all. I expected a hot tub at least. The lack of a spa was made up for by the awesome decor. Kudus to the decorator/ designer. This spa truly has a peaceful Balinese ambience that was restful just to look at. They have one relaxation room that was warm and one that was cooler. They provided warm throws to cover up with in the cooler room. It was quite cold outside but it appeared that the cooler room had a lovely balcony that would be nice to sit at in better weather.

Also they provided a hot ginger peach tea that was wonderful. I had several glasses. They also had a flavored ice water that I did not try. Again mildly disappointed at the lack of snacks. Most spas have fresh fruit or nuts- something to munch on. Nothing was provided at Mandara.

3 Thank upnorthjodie
wdc1973
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worst experience!!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Bikini wax....this was not a waxing. It was a little hair removal for the price of a Brazilian. Looks horrible. Embarrassing!

2 Thank wdc1973