“Dissapointed :(”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went to Bubba Gumps, a firm favorite of ours when in Orlando, last week. The food was lovely, cannot fault the chef. I had the Scampi, which was delish, don't remember what my sister had but she was equally impressed, so to the chefs 5 great big stars!
It was a shame the waitress spoilt it by being pushy, re going to the gift shop," bring your stuff here, I'll add it to the bill", no thanks, we'll go to the shop after, "well I'm supposed to look after you right through until you leave.....blah blah" then asking were we interested in a Landreys card??? It went on and on. We opted for cocktails in souvenir glasses, they were lovely and had a second one each. When the bill came out she had charged us for 4 souvenir glasse., As I said I've been to Bubbas lots of times and had glasses added on but never more than one each. We queried the bill, the waitress was not happy, she took a few dollars off but insisted that was what we had asked for. My sister pointed out to her that there was no way we were bringing 4 pilsner glasses back to the UK with us. She was quite "off" with us by this time. I got the impression that she just wanted to get as much money out of us as she could in order to bump up her tip and I was disgusted. I felt quite ripped off and I did not leave her a tip. I never even went into the gift shop, which I had intended to spend quite alot in, although my sister picked up the glasses. All in all very dissapointed with the service and we never went back, big shame :(

Write a ReviewReviews (5,267)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hmm I really want to give this place a shining review but to be honest it's just a bit too 'fast food-y' for me for the price. It's very busy which would explain the feeling that the staff are keen to see you go, but we ate here on my husband's 40th and I wish we'd picked somewhere else. Don't get me wrong the food was nice and they didn't scrimp on the portions, bit pricey for what it was, nice to look at all of the Forrest Gump paraphenalia but I wouldn't go again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Excellent Service, delicious food, well priced, and awesome atmosphere! We will be going back in the future!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This restaurant turned out to be a complete surprise to me. The the seafood was delicious and fresh and the service was superb. I will definitely return and would highly recommend it.
We had the fish and chips, the seafood feast and the ribs - we all tried each other's and they were melt in the mouth delicious. We then had mama's bread pudding and it was fab.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

After a full day at Seaworld, we came back hungry and ready for some food food! Well, we got great food, excellent service (thanks Ken!), and all of the quirky charm you expect at a Bubba Gump's. They were pretty busy, but it was a Tuesday night so our party of four was sat immediately. We saw some bigger parties having to wait. We ordered some garlic bread as an appetizer and it came out quickly and was delicious. Our food came quickly and everything was right even though we had some special requests (no this, add that kind I things). I had the boat bucket of trash and despite the name, it was really good! The crab legs were steamed perfectly and cracked well while still allowing the meat to come out in one piece. The Cajun fish was tasty and the shrimp was delicious. My wife, who is not a seafood fan, got a chicken ceasar salad and said it was excellent. The kids both got burgers. We answered all of our trivia questions correctly (Gump for us and Spongebob for the kids). Overall an excellent experience. Would definitely recommend this Bubba Gump's to anyone who happens to be in the area.