“Dining magic”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for its expertly prepared steaks, which are dry-aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. See you soon.
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

This place went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect from hot garlic onion bread, the wine and the ny strip steaks cooked medium and to perfect temp. We also tried the flour less espresso cake wow. I wouldn't bother taking up room with the wedge salad but it was fresh and dressing was outstanding.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed September 9, 2016

This place is fantastic. My wife and I recently dined here for my birthday and the table came complete with champagne and decorations for the table. The waiter was very well educated on the menu and wines. The steak was out of this world as were the side items. This is truly a top notch place and blows many other high end steakhouses out of the water!

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

Dined here last night with group of nine and everything was just perfect. Service was great, the meals all arrived hot and at the same time, and all the meals were delicious.
Most at the table ordered steaks and were very pleased, while I enjoyed the Chilean sea bass which was served in a mushroom broth...fabulous!

It's just a short walk from Hyatt where I stayed and it's always nice to walk a bit after a great meal.

Reviewed September 9, 2016

My husband and I decided to try Capital Grille during Orlando Magical Dining month. We have never been to this chain restaurant prior and thought this was the perfect opportunity. They also had a "Generous Pour" promotion going on which was ideal.

We sat in the bar area and couldn't help but notice how impressive the woodwork and the lighting was, you felt immediately welcomed. Our server/bartender, Hared, was awesome, she met our every need, answered our questions and was very attentive. Capital Grille is very lucky to have her as an employee.

We are both steak lovers/connoisseur and were very excited to see two different types of steaks on the magical dining menu. My husband had the 14 ounce aged sirloin steak and I had the filet mignon. We both started with a salad, he a wedge salad with the most delicious and rich salad dressing and me with a Caesar salad. My salad dressing was lacking flavor and was tasteless. Disappointed. Oh well, its just the salad right?

Onto our steaks......both cooked medium rare. I can't tell you how let down we were, I am just thankful we weren't paying full price for this meal. My husbands aged sirloin was tough and full of fat and again, no flavor. My filet was dry and tasteless. The both looked as though they were cooked to our liking, but oh my, they were horrible. We actually have had better steaks that we cooked ourselves.

I am sad to say we will never return, you can get a better steak anywhere else. The prices are very expensive. Again, the service and ambience was phenomenal however, when I go out to eat, I am hungry and want to enjoy what I pay for.

Hope this helps someone save some money, don't order the steak.

1  Thank zambukamum
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Ate during the Orlando Magical Dining month which was also the week for the "Generous Pour" offered at The Capital Grille. We had the filet and tenderloin entrees and both were delicious! The mashed potatoes were accompanied with perfectly cooked asparagus. The dessert of a Cree brûlée cheesecake was scrumptious. Highly recommend this place for the good food and great bread. Nice choice of wines but most are by the bottle. When making reservations be specific as to where you wish to be seated. The bar area is fun and has great service. Nice booths available inside. However, they have a very small back seating room which is creepy, small, and much too tight for any intimate conversation. Enjoy!