“Disappointing lunch”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Indulge in our famous dry aged steaks, 5,000 or so bottles of wine from our award-winning list, and sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of the casual ease and elegance born of Floridian leisure. We are located at The Pointe Orlando. Near the Convention Center. The finest hotels. And, naturally, the best golf courses.The Capital Grille Orlando. Paradise, redefined.
Orlando, Florida
“Disappointing lunch”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated my birthday at the International Drive location in October and were pleased with the quality of the food (steaks and seafood) and with the way they made my celebration special with a rose and delicious dessert and attention to every detail (our first visit there). This week (January, 2014) we returned for lunch before a movie. We were very disappointed in the $18 lunch special. The clam chowder was good but the other dishes were not worthy of a Capital Grille location. In fact, I disliked the Parmesan fries to the point that they remained almost untouched on my plate. I feel it was the waiter's responsibility to notice and question this, but he did not, and I did not want to make an issue as though I was trying to get a cut in price. There are so many fine dining locations in Orlando that I imagine this will be our last trip to this particular restaurant.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Pay a high price for average food”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I had lunch with my wife in this restaurant during the first week of Jan. 2014. We order only appetizers. Nothing you cannot find in other restaurants at half the price for this one. Good wine selection (the average), very elegant and upscale. Waitress are very nice, pretty and friendly but I think it is overpriced for what you get. Have much better choices around the mall

• Visited January 2014
spain
“always good”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We ate in four of the restaurants belonging to this chain during our 6 weeks road vacation.

All had differing atmosphere but all had a great menu and very good food. I would say the service in this one was not as good as the others but not too bad..

I think the cost is a little high but the quality of the food is first class so I suppose that is what we are really paying for.

I would recommend this restaurant

• Visited January 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best Steakhouse!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Fantastic service, good selection of wines. I ordered the Delmonico steak and it was probably the best steak I have had. It was full of flavour and melted in your mouth.

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Bringing in 2014 at the Capital Grill”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We celebrated New Year's Eve at the Capital Grill. The food was excellent and beautifully presented as one would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. It being New Year's Eve, our service was "spotty" with long gaps between visits by our waiter and (perhaps due to the noise level) several misunderstandings of our requests. Note to Harried Waiters: Make sure you understand what your customers have asked for before dashing off!)
The most surprising thing to me was when I requested a "Kir Royale" (champagne and creme de cassis), I received a "Kir Nomad" (champagne and raspberry liquer). I explained the difference and again requested a Kir Royale. Twenty minutes later our waiter finally returned only to tell me their bar did not stock Creme de Cassis. This isn't an unusual drink nor (especially on New Year's Eve) an unusual request. Note to Capital Grill: You are much too fine a restaurant not to carry the proper ingredients for a Kir Royale.

• Visited December 2013